Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Pulling Power - last night....

Search this Thread

Old 08 June 2003, 12:07 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts
Angry

I was thinking WTF?? last night. What a load of BS!

Ok, you pay more money for a high spec version....BUT when you sell it, you sell it for more too, so its not as if your burning money. Also higher spec'd models have lower depreciation rates due to their rarity and desirability. So in the long run your quids in!

As for the Pimp bloke. You just reminded me of the "Dangerous" 80's hot hatches (snigger). I wonder how the owner of that Maestro Turbo felt about his driving after he ruined the MGF alloys.

LOL that show is a joke! Top gear has and will alway be the best (ignoring the non-clarkson years )

[Edited by ALi-B - 8/6/2003 12:10:33 PM]
Old 06 August 2003, 08:05 AM
Black Cat
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
... where on earth did Mike Rutherford get his figures from????

Some of his analogies were way out with regard to the pricing he used, not even the magazine he writes in has figures anywhere near what he was quoting.....

he used several examples for instance the Mini, the X-type (are two which I remember) also used an Audi vs Audi import which I didn't feel quite a fair comparison...

but we came to the conclusion he was doing basic basic car with steering wheel to top of the range car with all the bits and bobs added, some of the differences were 8k & 9K and checking in Auto Express after the biggest difference we could find was 6k nothing like the figures he quoted....

I just think that type of reporting is misleading....
P

Old 06 August 2003, 08:28 AM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Can't comment on the accuracy of the figures, but on each and every pair of cars he had, i thought to myself "Why on earth would i want the basic model?"

As a car programme, you'd have thought they'd mention "driver involvement" or something similar, rather than just focusing on the price difference.

I mean, they're different prices for a reason ffs!!
Old 06 August 2003, 09:20 AM
drumsterphil
Scooby Regular

Yep - thought that article completely missed the point about perhaps a buyer would want more power, more toys, better looks etc

Also, that pimp(?) who is driving the Elise in the Gumball - is he for real?!
Old 06 August 2003, 10:00 AM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

Angry

I like the Caterham comparison...

"You can have this one for 15k, or this one for 30K. That's twice the price! OK. it does have twice the perfromance.."

I agree that for someone starting out they may be happy with the "basic" model to begin with, but you soon want something more. Otherwise we would all be driving around in an Impreza GL...

Oh, an I like the phrase..."can you see 8k worth of dirrerence". Of course you can't most of it will be inside the engine and suspension....
Old 06 August 2003, 10:27 AM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

LMFAO i am clearly a masachist as everytime i watch it it makes my stomach turn & i stayed up late lol last night to finally watch a car programme, please tell me 5th gear is back soon as well , only to be reminded what a total bag of non driver related (flame suit on) female type shyte in huge hideous poop smelling bubbling botty juice carp it was I was actually peaing myself laughing when he was going which would you prefer new overpriced bag of shyte or sumin even more over priced but at least a top of the line daddy
The "pimp" is also a proper amusement factor where he probably isn't supposed to be when he does his "decent driver" thing which to be fair he probably can drive quite well but when he puts his leather driving gloves on & tests a soft top while creaming his pants it is soooo funy, i think the phrase is camp as a row of tents! lmfao
If it wasn't so bad it wouldn't be funny
Si
Old 06 August 2003, 10:53 AM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

That pimp can't drive either Si, he thinks he can, he thought he could corner in that Capri untill he went grass tracking.

What a Shát programme really!

Mike Udderflood does car enthusiasts no justice at all.

It's a car programme gone gay.
Old 06 August 2003, 12:17 PM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

yeah but next week pimp daddy breaks down in sum desert & he gets rescued & buggered by sum locals lol
Si
Old 06 August 2003, 12:22 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts
Yeah, thats gotta be the one to watch - and see him squirm

The clips seem to show that his clutch went and he could'nt get into gear....Obviously prooves his driving skills. A good driver can get into gear, or change gear without the need of a clutch.

I could be wrong on this - the clutch could be slipping, or the box went altogether. Lets wait and see...

[Edited by ALi-B - 8/6/2003 12:28:46 PM]