Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Idiot in BMW. Dude in Ferrari.

Search this Thread

Old 14 July 2003, 05:06 PM
Butkus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Was out cycling yesterday. Was about 20 miles into a nice ride. Then, I hear all this commotion going on behind me - horns going etc. I looked around and there was a guy in a silver BMW right up close to my back wheel, pointing his index finger at his eyes as if to say "look". It was as if he thought I'd done something wrong. But it was a wide road and I'd been motoring along nicely keeping a nice straight line a few feet from the edge. Anyway, he stayed there for what seemed like ages, then I heard the distinctive sound of a Ferrari horn a few cars back. I think he was trying to get the Beemer driver to overtake. There had always been plenty of room to pass, and there hadn't been any oncoming traffic (not that that would really have mattered anyway as it was wide enough). Eventually he went by, waving his hands around and mouthing something that I couldn't hear, as the window was closed. There was a woman sitting in the passenger seat who looked embarrassed. As he went by I gave him the single finger salute with a lot of passion and emphasis behind it

Anyway, that was that, but when the Ferrari came by he slowed down a bit, smiled, nodded with approval and gave me the thumbs up. I returned the gesture. Instantly made a bad experience into a positive one!

I know I should probably not go round flipping the bird at everyone who pi$$es me off as I'm at a distinct disadvantage, but when the adrenaline is flowing it's hard not to resist. He looked like a weedy frustrated man anyway.

Ferrari's rule!!
Old 14 July 2003, 05:10 PM
Andy Hall
Scooby Regular

Says it all about BM drivers doesn't it

Flack jacket on!

No sweeping generalisations here
Old 14 July 2003, 05:21 PM
mattstant
Scooby Regular

Hmmmmm dont like fanning the flames but here goes anyway

Drove back from home after a lunch time trip to rescue some vital broad brand drivers for work and i follow an X5 round an Island and on to a short dual carriageway.
Whereupon said x5 wanders aimlessly across into the outside lane nearly cutting someone up in the process i pull up almost parallell to him and he is trying to read some documents on his passenger seat
i manage to pull in front as the lights change as he is to dopey to realise they have changed and a sodding 528i airly wafts into my lane right in front even though we have to filter and i let him he neither thanks me nor indicates. and in the next 2 miles fails to indicate twice and nearly runs over a woman with a pram as she tries to cross a junction he finally turns into.

[Edited by mattstant - 7/14/2003 5:23:13 PM]
Old 14 July 2003, 05:36 PM
super_si
Scooby Regular

I get it all the time. The amount of stupid *******s behind the wheel is amazing. If they really **** me off the boot or pocket full coins come out [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 14 July 2003, 05:37 PM
Butkus
Scooby Regular

People who are obviously reading something or talking on phones worry me, especially when I'm cycling. What I do is try to make eye contact with anyone who looks like a threat. If no eye contact, then I give them loads of room, or even stop until they're looking. Mainly these are people pulling out of side roads etc.. I will often look behind me, then signal out to the middle of the road, to decrease the chance of them pulling out and hitting me.
Old 14 July 2003, 05:42 PM
drumsterphil
Scooby Regular

Perhaps it's a German car driver thing - last time sonething like this happened it was a Merc that I'd inconvenienced for about 5 secs as he waited for me to cycle past a part of the road that had a traffic island in the middle. As he goes past on go his windscreen washers and I get a free (and unwanted) shower - what a ****![img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 14 July 2003, 05:48 PM
Butkus
Scooby Regular

I get quite a lot of abuse when I'm out on my bike. Late last year, two guys in a van had been hassling me (taking the mick out of the lycra, suggesting you're gay etc..). Eventually, the passenger spat at me. I really hadn't done anything wrong, except just been there.

The smiles from the sexy horseriders out in the country make up for all that though
Old 14 July 2003, 05:55 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Sounds like you need to ghet off road a little.

Sexy horse riders... big hands and strong thighs, mmm...

UB

Old 14 July 2003, 06:00 PM
super_si
Scooby Regular

Pocket full 2p's
Old 14 July 2003, 07:11 PM
Butkus
Scooby Regular

Unclebuck,

You must be a fan of jodhpurs too
Old 14 July 2003, 09:14 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just have a mouthful of peanuts handy !

Funny how people thingk they are in someway superior because the drive a mass produced German tin box ?
Old 14 July 2003, 10:21 PM
WISHING
Scooby Regular

More than likely just sitting behind you looking at your **** !!!
Another Batty Boy in a BMW lol

Stick them (BMW drivers) in the fire along with bus drivers !!!

Old 15 July 2003, 02:33 AM
Project ST
Scooby Regular

Butkus, baggy pants, fat tyres and a muddy face are so much more fun - my WRC to your BTCC

Can't wait to build up a new fat-tyre baby in September - it'll have 26" black ally wheels too

Al