Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Parking Tickets

Search this Thread

Old 19 June 2003, 08:15 PM
IanF
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Got a letter through post the other day saying that I have parked in a resident's bay without the relevant permit.

Remember the time I parked there, but don't remember seeing any signs. Also no ticket was on the car when I returned.

Has anyone got any imaginative ideas for getting out of paying it?

IanF

It's City of Westminster btw.
Old 19 June 2003, 09:33 PM
Luke
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ask for a copy of the ticket. If they dont have the Tax disc number.... Right and complain.

Tell them many times their wardens have been found guilty of making up tickets using reg numbers they right down. For istance in Soho they are always giving local cars tickets as they expect they will just pay etc..... Too many times they just make a ticket out etc.

If they have the tax disc number... then you are well up against it. And westminster are the ******** of the traffic warden world.

Any way with a bit of sense.......you shouldnt worry about tickets!!!!
Old 19 June 2003, 10:09 PM
IanF
Scooby Regular

Cheers Luke, it was in Soho, I will ask them for tax disc number.
IanF
Old 19 June 2003, 10:58 PM
Freak
Scooby Regular

westminster wardens =******** (from experience)(been done for the same in covent garden and soho too)

lucky you didnt get towed/clamped to be honest..
SOunds a bit fishy to me-do as said above- sounds like a possible made up one

[Edited by Freak - 19/06/2003 22:59:34]
Old 20 June 2003, 06:50 AM
Luke
BANNED

In Soho |Square there is an "Eat " coffeee shop. I was working next door last year. use to see the traffic wardens swapping reg details in their own little private note books. Also they issue tickets before meter has run out... Then when you complain and send your ticket in..they accuse you of sending a ticket that was found on street etc.

They are all liars and scum who have come to this country for a free ride.Most cant even sing "God save the Queen" word for word.
Old 20 June 2003, 04:04 PM
IanF
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the advice, will see what happens. Have asked for copy of ticekt to see if tax disc number on it.

IanF
Old 26 August 2003, 01:48 PM
IanF
Scooby Regular

Have got my reply from the council basically telling me to get lost and to pay up.

They have not given me a copy of the ticket and did not provide tax disc number.

Spoke to them this morning. Said could not send me tax disc number as it is covered by data protection act. I stated that it was my number, but no joy.

Anyway then got into a guessing game with them, where they told me the first two digits, then I told them the next two etc etc.

Anyway, due to the attendants dodgy handwriting they got 3 out of the 8 digits wrong.

One of the was a zero, which they quoted as a 4. When I said it was a zero, she said "yes it looks a bit like a zero"

How can a 4 look like a zero. Then they said that a 6 looked like a 1. It got crazier.

Due to their ineptitude they got my number wrong. Is this grounds for disputing the ticket? On the balance of probabilities a court would probably say that they did get my tax disc number. After our guessing game, they have agreed to send me a copy of the tax disc number

Thanks
IanF
Old 26 August 2003, 01:52 PM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

Check where you parked. There are rules governing how frequently the signs are displayed. They must be clear and legible etc. If they've got your tax disc number wrong then you're ok. Take it to court if need be, they need the correct info for it to be submissable evidence surely. It'd get thrown out of court 1st minute if the reg or tax disc number is wrong.