Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

*&%$^!! Gordon Brown

Search this Thread

Old 28 April 2003, 10:35 AM
Kevin Mc
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got my payslip for the new tax year this morning - £99 worse off per month now, due to the extra NIC (alias TAX) and Company car tax.

Where exactly is all this money going Mr Brown? Don't know which pit it's being thrown into, but certainly the PSBR is high, so god know what they're doing with it.

What happened to this Working Family Child Credit b0llocks - supposed to get something even if you earn £50k. Well they've taken plenty more off me, but not a sniff on this credit.

No doubt after paying all of this tax all of my life, they'll want the proceeds of my house to pay for nursing home. [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Think I'll leave the job and get on benefits. No worries about pensions and nursing homes then [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Old 28 April 2003, 12:18 PM
zero_to60
Scooby Regular

likewise I had a shock....I rang my Tax office to make sure there was no mistake

"No Mr Zero there has been no mistake we've mullered your tax code to take into account that you have Company Health cover meaning that you don't cost the NHS a penny if you need to go into hospital. Also as you are prepared to make financial sacrifices by your wife choosing to not go back to work and therefore not burden the state by claiming any child care assitance we are going to screw you even further. Shall I go on?"

No thanks mate........

Old 28 April 2003, 12:25 PM
Dave P
Scooby Regular

Angry

At least it's a tax you can see that you are paying rather than the tax on pensions. That's the one that's going to hit hard.

How many taxes is this guy going to bring in?
Old 28 April 2003, 12:28 PM
Kevin Mc
Scooby Regular

have Company Health cover meaning that you don't cost the NHS a penny if you need to go into hospital. Also as you are prepared to make financial sacrifices by your wife choosing to not go back to work and therefore not burden the state by claiming any child care assitance we are going to screw you even further. Shall I go on
Spot on Zero_t060.

Is there any more info on this pensions timebomb? I know GB has made a change that will screw us all in years to come, but am unclear of the details...
Old 28 April 2003, 12:55 PM
zero_to60
Scooby Regular

the pension thing is a big big worry.....I am not doing too badly in the overall scheme of things but.....living in the London area I've been hit hard with the fact that I am borrowed up to the hilt to afford the house - I have no pension as I simply haven't got the spare cash to make contributions. I am banking on owning the house at retirement age selling it and buying something small and the remaining cash being the "pension" fund

This country is defo heading for a cricis in the future as I can't be the only person in this situation - by time mortage, utlities, council tax and living x's have come off there's **** all left

Wife could go back to work but then you've got to fund child care which is a fecking nightmare. Massive fees racked up by greedy day care nurseries on the back of 'professional couples' with big combined incomes who can afford £1000 a month for little Lord Forntlaroy"........me bitter you ****ing bet I am
Old 28 April 2003, 02:12 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

"the pension thing is a big big worry.....- I have no pension as I simply haven't got the spare cash to make contributions."

lifes a choice, you have to decide what your priorities are. you have ditched an M3, bought an S2000 and where looking for a Subaru as a family car.......which is cool but you cant then moan when your working at 75 because you didnt fund a pension!

Tiggs
Old 28 April 2003, 03:36 PM
south-star
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

I might get a pension if they could be trusted.
Old 28 April 2003, 04:17 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

whos they??? blokes with raybans flying around in black choppers???

people need to take control of their future and stop blaming others for their own inability to act.

you can fund into a fixed interest based fund- i get 40% tax relife and no drop in value on mine.

you can also self invest if you can be arsed.

plenty of choice.

T