Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Non-indicating

Search this Thread

Old 26 April 2003, 01:23 PM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Time to time there's a few threads on here about how sloppy people are getting with indicating.

I find it no wonder - every police car i've seen this week has been going round islands etc not indicating crossing from lane to lane. And no, not with blues on.

Hardly a good example...

And as for speeding, i was in town the other night when a fire engine roared past (in a 30) at about 50, again no blues on. When i went a bit further on, and round the corner i found they were at the local chippy queuing at the counter [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Andy

[Edited by SiDHEaD - 4/26/2003 1:24:06 PM]
Old 26 April 2003, 01:33 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

saw a copper using a mobile in his car clamped to his ear, no hands free

No excuse is there - just two sets of rules i guess....
Old 26 April 2003, 06:40 PM
scooby nutter
Scooby Regular

Paul,
saw the same,our local Friendly Traffic cop in his own private car (astra estate)with his phone stuck next to his ear.

one rule for us,another for them [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Duncan
Old 28 April 2003, 12:21 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I was forced off the road late one night by a local fire engine not on call. The guy was practising fast cornering through a tight and blind S bend and suddenly appeared on my side of the road. It caused terminal damage on a new F1 tyre, how he missed me I still don't know. When I complained they held an internal inquiry which exonerated the driver of course.

Les
Old 28 April 2003, 12:33 PM
Scooby Snacks 23
Scooby Regular

I was at the side of a police car last week entering into a roundabout. He was in the left lane (therefore going to go left or straight on) and I was in the right lane (therefore turning right).

I backed off slightly (as my rear number plate is a bit dodgy) and he continued round to the right and he cut straight in front of me [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

I decided to give him a toot of the horn to show I was there and he waived. At the next set of lights I pulled up next to him and he apologised - he laughed and said he didn't see me! I laughed and told him if he did it again, he'd get a slap!!
Old 28 April 2003, 01:08 PM
SWRTWannabe
Scooby Regular

Several times in Reading I've seen the blue lights come on police cars just as they are approaching red traffic lights, and then go off against once they have gone over the junction.

Obviously not in a hurry if they turn the lights off again, and given that I've seen it more than once I think its a bit of a coincidence to put it down to thjeir calls being cancelled
Old 28 April 2003, 01:43 PM
Mr.Cookie
Scooby Regular

Just a guess but maybe they don't indicate because if they suddenly get a call whilst on a roundabout and all is reasonbly clear they can change direction, or they might be following someone and not know which way there going even if they are indicating, after all i'd imaging we are all more dubious of where someone is going if there not indicating (therefore more aware) than if they are.

Si
Old 28 April 2003, 02:47 PM
SCOOBY TOWERS
Scooby Regular

The first thing my driving instructor said to me was " a indicator is just that - an indication of were they are going "
Stuck with me, as you see plenty of examples of people indicating right then turning left .
Still it keeps you on your toes
Old 28 April 2003, 02:58 PM
The_Lizard
Scooby Regular

A local newspaper columnist once said a turn signal is used as an afterthought, and he's right.

Many people here will hit the brakes, slow down, and _then_ indicate the turn.

Old 28 April 2003, 04:25 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

"Several times in Reading I've seen the blue lights come on police cars just as they are approaching red traffic lights, and then go off against once they have gone over the junction."

thats the point isnt it?

they need to have lights on to get accross a busy red light junction but if everyone had lights and sirens on whenever they were in a hurry to get to a call it would be a bloody noise problem!

just use them where they need them.

T