Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Homeopathy fails in the UK again!

Search this Thread

Old 04 April 2003, 04:36 PM
akshay67
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

This load of old tosh has failed again after some scientists did some testing...

In the UK, homeopathic treatments are widely used by children with asthma and one survey found about 15 per cent of youngsters with the condition had tried them. However, a new study has just revealed that homeopathy is no better than a placebo remedy at improving mild to moderate asthma in children who are also given conventional treatment. Led by Dr. Adrian White of the Peninsula Medical School in Exeter, Devon, the test involved 93 children from Somerset aged from five to fifteen, who were also treated in the usual way with reliever or preventer inhalers. Half of the children were given homeopathic remedies in up to six sessions over the course of a year. The other half were given placebo remedies instead of homeopathy. Neither the children nor the practitioners knew who received the placebo and who had the homeopathic treatments.

Full details at James Randi Educational Foundation
Old 04 April 2003, 07:50 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Ive seen the scientists and the homeopathists points of view, both very interesting but I have to say I used it twice last year and on both occassions it worked, once for a swollen gum and toothache, worked within two days and again when my Tennis elbow just wouldnt get any better after two months, within two weeks it had gone, luck, timing?? who knows it worked a treat for me so I have no complaints.