Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

What a truly awful day :(

Search this Thread

Old 29 September 2001, 01:01 AM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just bite you tongue mate! I had a verbal warning and then a final written warning for the same **** up! I'm just keeping my head down now, getting on with some work till I find another job, then 'ck em! It's funny really cos a few other people on the shop floor have mentioned a few things and now the boss wants to be my mate!!

Try and gather a few bits of evidence, I have copies of the job card and estimate re my incident, I also have a copy of a leaked memo which describes me as the weakest link! Should be a good one if I go for the constructive dismissal thing

Bob
Old 29 September 2001, 08:34 AM
Crapaud62
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Puff The Magic Wagon!:
<B>Tread carefully & you might find grounds for a "Constructive Dismissal" claim. Have a good think about what is behind his actions. Record any actions, both verbal & written.

Also, temper any anti-frog tendancies

If it's any consolence, 10%+ of our staff walked out & left this week 'cos the boss is acting an a-hole [/quote]

Been there, done that. Only 10%, the day I left they had 5 people out of a department of 35 leaving. They called an emergency meeting to discuss this. When the meeting was finished they found 3 more resignations received meaning 8 out of 35 leaving together. This PROVES what a total @rsehole the new "directors friend" is.

Unfortunately there are virtually no employment protection laws in Jersey so I'm going down the Health & Safety route to sue them.

Constructive dismissal sounds good if they have not played 100% by the rules.

Life too short to be working for @rseholes.
Old 29 September 2001, 09:57 AM
PSI3
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Robski,
You should have a contract of employment with terms and conditions, if so does it state a disciplinary proceedure?
Normally unless of gross misconduct you have to have verbal warnings then written warnings, then a final written warning all of these including the verbal should be recorded by your employer.

Have you spoken to the Citizens Advice Bureau? they should be able to offer the correct advice.
Old 29 September 2001, 11:05 AM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Robski mate, I know EXACTLY how you feel - this happened to me earlier in the year:
Old 29 September 2001, 12:03 PM
robski
Scooby Regular

Angry

In the grand scheme of things I know its not a big deal, but

today I was accused by my boss of being incompetent to do my job, despite sitting a competancy based interview (internally) to get it (1.5 years ago, before he even came to the UK). I honestly dont know what his problem is, being French isnt an excuse for this.

He now rekons he is going to give me a written warning, so Im obviously looking forward to this based on the fact that I havent had any verbal warnings about this.

Anyone on here got any advice similar experiences etc? or advice, or a solicitor!?

Why the **** we didnt leave the germans to have France is beyond me

robski

Old 29 September 2001, 12:34 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Arrow

Tread carefully & you might find grounds for a "Constructive Dismissal" claim. Have a good think about what is behind his actions. Record any actions, both verbal & written.

Also, temper any anti-frog tendancies

If it's any consolence, 10%+ of our staff walked out & left this week 'cos the boss is acting an a-hole
Old 29 September 2001, 03:40 PM
carl
Scooby Regular

robski -- in other threads you've indicated you <B>might</B> get your car serviced at the same place I used to, and now you reveal you work for a French bloke (as I used to). It might be the same bloke -- mail me details of who you work for and if it's the same I'll see if I can help.
Old 29 September 2001, 03:48 PM
Type R
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Disciplinery Procedure can be different company to company, i have issued out Final Written Warnings w/o verbal first as the case was severe, but not severe enough to dismiss.

I deal with issues all the time and have been to court several times this year, as a witness. As a company you need to have everything water tight ie:- keep written notes on every issue, and have very good reasons (Damaging the company, abusive, not following procedure, etc).

As an employee you have a lot of rights and can expose the employer very easily as long as you keep acurate notes. It is becoming incredibly difficult to dismiss employees now adays. The normal route is Redunduncy, if that happens go for constructive dismissal.

My advice would be make notes (inc date and time), of every incident which may be relevent, keep your head down and don't do anything to mad. Do not discuss it with colleugues unless you know 110% they won't do the dirty on you.
You will need this in formation if anything happens. Solicitor is a good idea if you think you gonna get the push.

Best of luck

Matt
Old 29 September 2001, 04:09 PM
dsmith
Scooby Regular

Robksi

Not a lot of practical experience or advice I'm afraid. Don't let it ruin your life - it really isn't worth it. Good Luck mate.

Dean
Old 30 September 2001, 06:39 PM
Bajie
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Maybe he just doesn't like your face.
Follow the advice given by others here but find a new job before you leave the one you're in.
Me ... no work since May and getting thinner by the day!
Old 30 September 2001, 09:34 PM
MarkQ
Scooby Newbie

Robski,
I know it will be a pain in the **** but keep your side of things perfect and keep a diary of daily events etc - A mate of mine has just nailed a PLC for constructive dismissal and all due to the fact he had the diary - listing every ime his boss had sworn at him etc etc etc - its a pain but keep one.