Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

"The Premiership" - cr@p or what..?

Search this Thread

Old 18 August 2001, 11:06 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Ok, so i know there are a lot of football haters on here, but for those of us who don't mind the game, wasn't ITV's new saturday evening offering The Premiership total tosh?

Ok, so Mr Lynam is still watchable, and Terry Venables and Ally McCoist aren't the worst pair in the world, but if i have to sit through one more fri&&ing advert break, i think i'll break the telly instead.

Most of them (and there were five, in a 75 minute programme) were over four minutes long, one over five minutes. I wanted to watch FOOTBALL for chissakes. What sort of continuity and viewer involvement did that promote then??
I for one, won't be making a special effort to watch that again.

Come back BBC, all is forgiven. Even Mark Lawrenson (well, almost).

Terry
Old 18 August 2001, 11:16 PM
Mr.Cookie
Scooby Regular

Totally agree right load of bollox, channel hopped and found a thing about a road in the states where there no speed limit for this race they have down it and all totally legal

Si
Old 18 August 2001, 11:30 PM
Type R
Scooby Regular

Angry

On a Saturday night i work late and get home late, and it's bloomin annoying that the highlights are on so eary.

What with the USA Grand Prix, and now this, grrr

Old 18 August 2001, 11:56 PM
Tom Evans
Scooby Regular

Angry

Yep. I thought that it was sh***. I felt like crying when I came in after an ad break, sat down for a second, went and got a drink and came back to see they had gone to another fecking advert.

Compared to the BBC they are s***. No doubt about it. They filled in gaps with pointless c**p. I don't think I can take another Saturday of that.

Will wait until it is on Sky the next morning.

Also, didn't think they were allowed to have that 7pm slot?? Think of the women whose husbands go to watch the match and then come back to watch that, over dinner time. Don't know how they managed to swindle that one.

Cheers,
Tom
Old 19 August 2001, 01:31 PM
Scooby Roo
Scooby Regular

Talking

Yeah adverts what a cooking pain in the ****.

But what about the 11.45 show, newly in from the pub with the rest of the telly complete sh***. Refreshing change to watch footy with one eye trying to focus.
Old 19 August 2001, 06:28 PM
mattstant
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Yep totally agree it was **** the worst part was the cringingly ambarraseed Ehiough being given a football "lesson" by Andy Townsend what was that all about
Old 20 August 2001, 12:26 AM
druddle
Scooby Regular

what a load of pants the weekends footy was. main match yesterday (man u v fulham) saw nearly 25million quids worth of veron substituted. veron looked completely knackered, i'd want my money back !!
Old 20 August 2001, 11:48 AM
cbr1100xx
Scooby Regular

Just a plot by ITV to try and compete with Sky Sports on the football front. Sadly for them it did'nt go to well
Old 20 August 2001, 01:03 PM
simon_prickett
Scooby Regular

Also, why are BBC1 doing Final Score to music now? Is it some sort of Karaoke event?

I've pretty much given up on football, used to have a season ticket at a Premiership club and go regularly, when I didn't have one. I also travelled to several away games. I just can't be bothered any more, it no longer captivates me. I don't even watch England games that I used to go to the pub for.

I'm going the same way with F1, finding GT racing and WRC more interesting these days.

Maybe I'm just getting old, but I'm *only* 27.

Simon.
Old 20 August 2001, 01:10 PM
TRIGGER
Scooby Regular

I saw a preview of the program where ITV admitted that it would get less viewers than a standard Saturday evening program (Blind Date etc), but due to the very specific audience it would attract, they could charge loads for the advertising (for cars and other Boy's toys products). Seems like it the money they want not the audiences !!!
Old 21 August 2001, 08:58 PM
ScoobyBabe
Scooby Newbie

In a word, the premiership sucked. I mean football sux at the best of times, but what the f*ck was that all about?

Btw, neone, the offside rule? excuse me?