Sport General sport discussion

What about the Premiership?

Search this Thread

Old 20 March 2005, 07:50 AM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What about the Premiership?

Its all gone very quiet on the subject of the Premiership, do I take it that you Man U and Arsenal fans have conceded?
Old 20 March 2005, 12:29 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

LOL @ Soccer AM - Drogba opening up his own taxi company
Great to see Abramovic looking even more boared than usual yesterday - Only a matter of time..... tick tock...
Old 20 March 2005, 03:21 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Abdabz
LOL @ Soccer AM - Drogba opening up his own taxi company
Great to see Abramovic looking even more boared than usual yesterday - Only a matter of time..... tick tock...
Van nistlerooy scored yet?

Bored at the crap opposition I guess
Old 22 March 2005, 12:39 PM
Ted Maul
Scooby Regular

conceded, wrapped up and delivered to the bridge. play resumes mid august...
Old 22 March 2005, 01:32 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ted Maul
conceded, wrapped up and delivered to the bridge. play resumes mid august...
Thought as much.
Old 22 March 2005, 05:47 PM
WRXPete
Scooby Regular

What chance Abromovich getting so bored he comes and turns the Villa around....please!!!!!
Old 22 March 2005, 06:24 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by WRXPete
What chance Abromovich getting so bored he comes and turns the Villa around....please!!!!!
Don't think he'll ever get that bored!!!!
Old 22 March 2005, 06:50 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by WRXPete
The thing is though that at the moment the Chelsea fans mean nothing in the grand sceme of the club. Abromovich could close the gates and watch the match by himself such is his wealth. There is something to be said for a club being the sum of the fans it has IMHO.
Old 22 March 2005, 07:35 PM
WRXPete
Scooby Regular

Got that right
Old 22 March 2005, 08:13 PM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Not over yet - dont forget you've still got Utd & Arsenal to play (and Bolton, Fulham & Newcastle) of course.

It aint over til it's over - Utd & **** fans can vouch for that .
Old 22 March 2005, 08:45 PM
richiewong
Twatful

*ahem*Go Man U

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=406736
Old 23 March 2005, 05:42 AM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru
The thing is though that at the moment the Chelsea fans mean nothing in the grand sceme of the club. Abromovich could close the gates and watch the match by himself such is his wealth. There is something to be said for a club being the sum of the fans it has IMHO.
What????? could this, could that, jealousy terrible thing.

Abramovich will be watching the game on his own, a la Malcolm Glazer when the Man U fans vote not to go to games, as they've promised when he buys the club, which he has every right to do. Thats what happens when you go on the stock market, someone can come along and buy you, like it or not.

Last edited by pauld37; 23 March 2005 at 05:51 AM.
Old 23 March 2005, 05:45 AM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jasey
Not over yet - dont forget you've still got Utd & Arsenal to play (and Bolton, Fulham & Newcastle) of course.

It aint over til it's over - Utd & **** fans can vouch for that .
But that also means you've not got to slip up, hope you haven't any toughies in the run-in, maybe, Fulham, Pompey or Palace
Old 23 March 2005, 07:06 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

After the start Utd had it was over for me long ago, at that time I would have put my house on Arsenal , expecting Chelsea to go off the boil as it's their first season together so to speak, soon realised that Chelsea were in it for the long haul and 3rd place was becoming a worry!!, see Everton

Then they go on one of their Championship winning runs (see Newcastle/Arsenal ) Arsenal implode and you think to yourself hello we could be in with a sniff but Chelsea had to slip up before March for this to be of benefit, fair play to Chelsea they have kicked on and deserve their championship, I'll take 2nd who would have thought the Gooners would be where they are though after their start, I remember Utd being 10 pts behind the **** in October and then implosion!
Old 23 March 2005, 08:53 AM
MrsP1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii
After the start Utd had it was over for me long ago, at that time I would have put my house on Arsenal , expecting Chelsea to go off the boil as it's their first season together so to speak, soon realised that Chelsea were in it for the long haul and 3rd place was becoming a worry!!, see Everton

Then they go on one of their Championship winning runs (see Newcastle/Arsenal ) Arsenal implode and you think to yourself hello we could be in with a sniff but Chelsea had to slip up before March for this to be of benefit, fair play to Chelsea they have kicked on and deserve their championship, I'll take 2nd who would have thought the Gooners would be where they are though after their start, I remember Utd being 10 pts behind the **** in October and then implosion!
Seem to remember the implosion happening after we beat them to

Nah not a chance in hell either of us can catch chelsea. Them dropping points is one thing but we have to win every match and I dont see it happening. Will be a lot closer at the end I think and looking forward to our match against Chelsea.

FA cup and 2nd spot are the only crumbs left. Just gotta keep ahead of arsenal and secure 2nd spot.

Simon

P.S. Grr godamn forgot to log out of mrsp1f account.
Old 23 March 2005, 10:04 AM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by MrsP1Fanatic(or Simon with an Identity crisis)
FA cup and 2nd spot are the only crumbs left. Just gotta keep ahead of arsenal and secure 2nd spot.
Could be an interesting end of the season anyway - we should just all forget Chelski
Old 23 March 2005, 12:49 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pauld37
What????? could this, could that, jealousy terrible thing.

Abramovich will be watching the game on his own, a la Malcolm Glazer when the Man U fans vote not to go to games, as they've promised when he buys the club, which he has every right to do. Thats what happens when you go on the stock market, someone can come along and buy you, like it or not.

Not at all. What I said is a fact.

To compare Abramovich to Glazer is ridiculous. Glazer needs the fans as they are the lifeblood of the club. Without the fans his bid is dead in the water as all his plans rely on getting money from the fans (He is getting a loan to buy the club effectively so he has to find a way to pay it back). If he does gain control then Manchester United are in serious trouble because the fans will do everything to get him out; That includes killing the revenue stream to the club. The fact is that at Chelsea the fans are no longer the lifeblood. The money the fans bring into Chelsea is insignificant compared to the cash that Abramovich is and will put into Chelsea. That's the simple truth... nothing more.. nothing less.
Old 23 March 2005, 12:58 PM
Ted Maul
Scooby Regular

as much as I dislike what chelski are doing at the moment, with the ability to bypass the usual transfer market and buy the league (hell, even idiot ranieiri got nearly 80 points and the semis of the euro chump cup last year...and he also bought cech and robben so not well done to morninho, but thats another thread), I just thank the footballing gods that abramovich decided not to buy spurs
Old 23 March 2005, 01:13 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ted Maul
I just thank the footballing gods that abramovich decided not to buy spurs
Spoken like a true Gooner
Old 04 April 2005, 01:02 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Conceded yet?
Old 07 April 2005, 12:48 PM
Ted Maul
Scooby Regular

at least 2nd place is ours now...
Old 07 April 2005, 02:12 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Get used to it
Old 07 April 2005, 02:38 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Not at all. What I said is a fact.

To compare Abramovich to Glazer is ridiculous. Glazer needs the fans as they are the lifeblood of the club. Without the fans his bid is dead in the water as all his plans rely on getting money from the fans (He is getting a loan to buy the club effectively so he has to find a way to pay it back). If he does gain control then Manchester United are in serious trouble because the fans will do everything to get him out; That includes killing the revenue stream to the club. The fact is that at Chelsea the fans are no longer the lifeblood. The money the fans bring into Chelsea is insignificant compared to the cash that Abramovich is and will put into Chelsea. That's the simple truth... nothing more.. nothing less.
RUBBISH!!!!!!!!

Your right the "fans" might boycott utd but utd sold themselves out years ago. they have that many glory supporters who barely know anything about football will turn up if the real fans stay away. utd have too much of a fan base to leave old trafford empty. Ever wondered why every utd fan, real or not, gets groaned at. Its because they have so called fans all over the place.
Old 07 April 2005, 02:47 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by davegtt
RUBBISH!!!!!!!!

Your right the "fans" might boycott utd but utd sold themselves out years ago. they have that many glory supporters who barely know anything about football will turn up if the real fans stay away. utd have too much of a fan base to leave old trafford empty. Ever wondered why every utd fan, real or not, gets groaned at. Its because they have so called fans all over the place.
So Manchester United will still need the fans and they will still turn up Thanks for agreeing with me.
Old 07 April 2005, 04:39 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

No, I said the FANS may walk out if Glazer gets in but there are too many GLORY SUPPORTERS to fill old trafford so it'll never be empty
Old 07 April 2005, 05:03 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by davegtt
No, I said the FANS may walk out if Glazer gets in but there are too many GLORY SUPPORTERS to fill old trafford so it'll never be empty
You believe far too much rubbish. So many people want to believe that the only people who follow Manchester United are from the south coast or are Japanese tourists. Irrespective my point was that Chelsea FC doesn’t need their supporters anymore with regards to the clubs finances. I used Manchester United as an example because they do need the supporters whoever they are to fund the club. The point about Glazer is that it's the real fans that he will try and bleed dry. The "Glory Supporters" as you put it don't put it would not be able to sustain the club at the level it is now or above.

You also have far too many preconceptions regarding the fan base of Manchester United.......but I guess that makes you feel better about how you feel about them
Old 08 April 2005, 08:35 AM
jasey
Scooby Senior

You believe far too much rubbish. So many people want to believe that the only people who follow Manchester United are from the south coast or are Japanese tourists. Irrespective my point was that Chelsea FC doesn’t need their supporters anymore with regards to the clubs finances. I used Manchester United as an example because they do need the supporters whoever they are to fund the club. The point about Glazer is that it's the real fans that he will try and bleed dry. The "Glory Supporters" as you put it don't put it would not be able to sustain the club at the level it is now or above.

You also have far too many preconceptions regarding the fan base of Manchester United.......but I guess that makes you feel better about how you feel about them
I was watching an interview with the then chief Exec of Man Utd about 8 years ago (something like that). He was asked about the rising cost of watching the games for the fans. He replied something like "If they can't afford it they can always watch the reserves".

I know if I was a fan at that time and my Chief Exec said that to me I would find it hard to continue to be a supporter of that money grabbing ******* - Families have supported all football clubs since the start of the game and now the money men have taken it over .

Not a pop at Utd - more a general view on the state of the game today .

Jasey

ps Utd are $hite
Old 08 April 2005, 09:22 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

I was watching an interview with the then chief Exec of Man Utd about 8 years ago (something like that). He was asked about the rising cost of watching the games for the fans. He replied something like "If they can't afford it they can always watch the reserves".

I know if I was a fan at that time and my Chief Exec said that to me I would find it hard to continue to be a supporter of that money grabbing ******* - Families have supported all football clubs since the start of the game and now the money men have taken it over .

Not a pop at Utd - more a general view on the state of the game today .

Jasey

ps Utd are $hite
I agree totally. They have a captive audience that have an emotional interest in their product. That puts them in a very strong position.... and they play on it too much! Saying that; the cost of seeing United play is relatively reasonable compared to a lot of the London clubs.

PS Still good enough to beat your boys
Old 08 April 2005, 09:27 AM
jasey
Scooby Senior

I agree totally. They have a captive audience that have an emotional interest in their product. That puts them in a very strong position.... and they play on it too much! Saying that; the cost of seeing United play is relatively reasonable compared to a lot of the London clubs.

PS Still good enough to beat your boys
See you at the final
Old 08 April 2005, 09:59 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

See you at the final
Indeed!

Quick Reply: What about the Premiership?