Sport General sport discussion

Finish bottom of the Premiership and earn £30 Million

Search this Thread

Old 19 January 2007, 07:21 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs down Finish bottom of the Premiership and earn £30 Million

Well football at the highest level (in this country) continues to ***** itself.

The Premier League announced they have sighned a new TV deal for £625 mill, meaning the prize money for coming bottom of the Prem will be £30 mill next season, when Sunderland finished with their handful of points last season they still probably collected £10-15 million, not exactly earned was it ! if someone does the same next season they can expect £30 million for failure

That is ridiculous, its the Premier League flicking two fingers up to the League teams beneath them, when there is that much money in the pot some of it must be handed down the Leagues otherwise they just wont survive, the void between the Championship,1,2 and the Premiership is getting bigger and bigger and the pressure to get to the Prem and stay there could mean we will see a lot more clubs doing a Leeds. I understand that the Premiership is the FA's baby and the League is the Football Leagues, two seperate organisations, but if you allow promotion/relegation from one organisations league to another then the money should be shared out a little more fairly IMHO.

Football is just becoming a big fat *****, well it is already isn't it and the Premiership chiefs are the feeders.
Old 19 January 2007, 09:08 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's the same ammount Chelski got last year for winning it. this is the reason every club at the bottom of the Prem now is taking a gamble with players. They HAVE to stay in this year more so than any other as the gulf next year will be the biggest it's ever been.
Old 22 January 2007, 10:13 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Its rediculous. always has been, ever since the prem started in '92 its all been about money.
Old 22 January 2007, 10:35 AM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

There's too much money in the game. How can you justify paying blokes 100,000 quid a week for kicking a ball about. Who I feel sorry for are the mugs earning that in 5 years going to watch them.
Old 22 January 2007, 05:51 PM
pete higham
Scooby Regular

Location: Salford & SMACS,,,,,,,,, and in the smacs muppets and numpty thread

Originally Posted by scoobynutta555
There's too much money in the game. How can you justify paying blokes 100,000 quid a week for kicking a ball about. Who I feel sorry for are the mugs earning that in 5 years going to watch them.
im sorry for wanting to go and watch live (good) football

plus id be more inclined to look at the people who buy the sports package on sky instead (there are a lot more of them) that is where the money comes from not the normal fan who sits in the stand, oh and the private box buyers
Old 23 January 2007, 09:13 AM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

Originally Posted by pete higham
im sorry for wanting to go and watch live (good) football
As long as you feel comfortable that you get value for money and you're happy paying the price, why should you be apologetic? I do not wish to contribute to the greed and the corruption in the game (think Cole and Allardyce), hence why I do not go to Premiership games or have SKY subscriptions.

I bet Arsenal fans were well chuffed when Cole said that his latest salary raise was taking the **** and he deserved more, just read his book to get an insight into the modern footballer.