Sport General sport discussion

Sorry to see the Blades go

Search this Thread

Old 13 May 2007, 05:43 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Sorry to see the Blades go

The Premiership is a better place with Neil Warnock in it, disapointed to see them go down.

Played Blades
Old 13 May 2007, 05:53 PM
EVOVI
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I for one will not be sorry to see them go...
Warnock is an **** and still had the nerve to whinge that Man utd played a weak side.They got relegated cause they are not good enough just like Watford and Charlton..
Up the hammers
Old 13 May 2007, 06:27 PM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Good riddance to the hateful tw@t
Old 13 May 2007, 07:25 PM
richiewong
Twatful

Originally Posted by **************
They certainly did and thats unfair on the other sides fighting relegation as I bet they didn't play Man Utd earlier in the season against a weakened side

Hopefully those sides unhappy with West Ham not being deducted points will take it all the way as dodgey signings deserve a points loss, not a fine that means nothing
True, points should have been deducted.

The Blades should persue this with the FA, doubt anything will happen but its well dodgy
Old 13 May 2007, 07:41 PM
16vmarc
Scooby Regular

Man United didn't have an FA Cup to think about at the time.

The only real omissions were Rio and Vidic anyway.

I like Warnock, he comes across as a decent guy, but if anything, its Sheffields fault for not beating Wigan.
Old 13 May 2007, 07:46 PM
EVOVI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by **************
They certainly did and thats unfair on the other sides fighting relegation as I bet they didn't play Man Utd earlier in the season against a weakened side

Hopefully those sides unhappy with West Ham not being deducted points will take it all the way as dodgey signings deserve a points loss, not a fine that means nothing
Man utd played a side they normally put out for middle of the road sides and then for 35mins they had all the big guns on...Go back and see who played for man utd when they played wigan,sheff utd etc..
Nobody has mention Liverpool playing 9 2nd choice players against Fulham last week in a game that Fulham won and kept them in the premiership..
Everyone is against west ham but at the end of the day it is what you do on the pitch,every team had 38 games to earn there place next season..You do not hear Watford and Charlton whinging about it,they have taken relegation like every team should,it was there own fault they were not good enough they got relegated..
Who would you rather watch?? A world class player like Tevez playing in a footballing side or Sheff utd playing there bully boy tactics,at least Wigan play good football so I am glad they stayed up..
Old 13 May 2007, 08:09 PM
Walwal
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Man U are in a position that affords them to put out whatever side Fergie likes. I don't necessarily think it's fair, but they earned that right.

I don't think West Ham have heard the last of the relegation malarky just cos they won, the saga has a few miles to go yet, and rightly so.

Egg Head can crow on all he likes that they've done nothing wrong, but would you accept a £5m fine if you were innocent?? Doubt it.

Andy
Old 13 May 2007, 08:45 PM
theboy
Scooby Regular

The Wigan chairman also seemed unhappy regarding the situation, If West Ham have done wrong they should be docked points. £5 is nothing to that bald chap, but how much money have Sheff Utd lost now
Old 13 May 2007, 09:21 PM
EVOVI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Walwal
I don't think West Ham have heard the last of the relegation malarky just cos they won, the saga has a few miles to go yet, and rightly so.

Egg Head can crow on all he likes that they've done nothing wrong, but would you accept a £5m fine if you were innocent?? Doubt it.

Andy
There is no way that West ham will be relegated after staying up by playing some very good football over the last 7 weeks.
If they dock points then they are saying West ham cheated then every club West ham beat will have a case to claim there points back which will then change the whole table...All that can possibly happen is the FA kick them out of next seasons FA cup..The premiership will not do anything else..
Remember how Alan sugar got the points back when they were docked them..His arguement was it was the old chairman that broke the rule just like at west ham
Old 13 May 2007, 11:30 PM
theboy
Scooby Regular

This is true i guess, i dont think for a minute that anything will come of it. It seems the fines are a token gesture. Chelsea got fined peanuts in the Cashly Cole saga, it was nothing to a team like theres
Old 14 May 2007, 04:56 PM
Walwal
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by EVOVI
There is no way that West ham will be relegated after staying up by playing some very good football over the last 7 weeks.
If they dock points then they are saying West ham cheated then every club West ham beat will have a case to claim there points back which will then change the whole table...All that can possibly happen is the FA kick them out of next seasons FA cup..The premiership will not do anything else..
Remember how Alan sugar got the points back when they were docked them..His arguement was it was the old chairman that broke the rule just like at west ham

I doubt they'll be relegated either, just saying I doubt they've heard the last of it all.

The PL will buckle as they always do, and like you say, nothing come of it. Not right, but seems to happen a lot imo.

Andy
Old 15 May 2007, 07:37 AM
lpski1
Scooby Regular

Im pretty happy this season, we had 6 points from the Gooners and 6 points from Manure, we fought hard in our remainder games and got just desserts. Blades didnt play hard enough to stay up regardless of points or a fine for us, and well done to Wigan (as said above) play more interesting football.

COME ON YOUR IRONS

Chim chiminey Chim chiminey, chim chim charoo, we are those b@stards in claret and blue.
Old 15 May 2007, 02:15 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Gutted to see Sheff Utd go down, as much as I dislike Colin I would have rather had him keep them up and watch Wigwam go down instead.
Old 16 May 2007, 04:39 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Smile

Nobody has mention Liverpool playing 9 2nd choice players against Fulham last week in a game that Fulham won and kept them in the premiership..
Actually I did, at the time If it wasn't for the fact that I'd sat through the City game a fortnight earlier, I would say it was their worst performance of the season IMO they were a disgrace to the shirt
Thank Christ the **** had an even worse run in than we did

every team had 38 games to earn there place next season..You do not hear Watford and Charlton whinging about it,they have taken relegation like every team should,it was there own fault they were not good enough they got relegated..
Who would you rather watch?? A world class player like Tevez playing in a footballing side or Sheff utd playing there bully boy tactics,at least Wigan play good football so I am glad they stayed up..
Well said that man, I've always believed that if a team's survival in a league is dependant upon somebody else's performance on the last day of the season, they patently aren't good enough for that league, full stop