Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

British GP

Search this Thread

Old 02 July 2001, 10:02 AM
kryten
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've got tickets (and a car park pass ) for the GP - no seats, just entry to the circuit.

I've never been before so has anyone got any suggestions of the best place to go once inside?
Old 02 July 2001, 11:09 AM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Try luffield, its the "stadium" bit just before the start/finish straight. Rubens spun at that point last year and he just nailed it to donut her around. 160 entrance was well worth it to be less than 50 metres away from a donutting 800bhp Ferrari
Another thing is GET THERE EARLY!!!!!! We left at 3am, got in the queue at 4am and was in by 6am. lost a lot of sleep, but at least we saw the race.
regards,
astraboy.
Old 02 July 2001, 11:15 AM
kav
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Hello matey

Agree with Astraboy - get yourself around Luffield somewhere. There's a series of tight turns which always make a good spectacle. It's very popular so make sure you get there good and early.

Cheers
Kav
Old 02 July 2001, 03:30 PM
kryten
Scooby Regular

Eek, I wasn't on planning to get there until about 7am - is that leaving it too late to get a decent spot??

Thanks for the tip, though I assume most people will be heading towards luffield....
Old 04 July 2001, 07:19 AM
Matt Churchill
Scooby Regular

Copse is good also (end of the s'f finish straight), at least to appreciate the speed at which they can corner, and if anyone goes of at the start.

The last time we went without seats, we arrived at 4.30, and sat at Copse in the pouring rain for 4/5 hours before anything happened - absolute hell, but when it all kicked off it was worth it.

Get there early is definitely a good idea.
Old 04 July 2001, 10:03 PM
bob gray
Scooby Regular

DID IT ONCE WITHOUT SEAT NEVER AGAIN..4AM AND RAIN UNTIL THE RACE.
NOW BOOK SEAT EVERY YEAR WALK IN WHEN YOU WANT AND AT LEAST YOU CAN WALK AROUND THE SHOWS AND STANDS.

HAVE A SPARE TICKET FOR BRIDGE ENCLOSURE SEAT
BROTHER IN LAW IS WORKING.
ANY ONE INTERESTED MAIL ME ITS £140 SORRY ITS NOT MINE IM SELLING FOR BROTHER IN LAW
Old 05 July 2001, 11:09 AM
kryten
Scooby Regular

Cheers for the advice - I would have the seat, but my wife would be a bit pissed off!!

How busy is it by 7am? Am I likely to get a decent spot at that sort of time?

Do you normally take a radio/portable TV? I noticed that they have an FM station as well as Silverstone TV....
Old 05 July 2001, 11:35 AM
Matt Churchill
Scooby Regular

Cool

Kryten,

It will be pretty busy by that time. The worst thing is always getting into the circuit.

Hopefully, if the weather is good, you should be alright not like the debacle last year.

I personally never bother with radio/TV, just get yourself in front of a large screen and watch that and listen to the commentary.

I suppose the best bit of advice is to decide where you want to stand and head stright there when you get in, becasue the longer you delay the more people will beat you there.
Old 05 July 2001, 09:10 PM
Les H
Scooby Regular

We go every year and camp for the whole weekend, If you have a standing ticket I would recomend Club Corner, excellent views of the drivers feeding in the power around the long right hander and onto Abbey. Get there very early for a good spot.Never buy advance tickets unless you have money to burn We always get tickets from the touts outside, they are always a lot cheaper.If you are on a budget On raceday you can usually find one of them to walk you in on a contractors pass for about £30. once you are in you are sorted for the day.
Have a great day