Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Counter Strike : Tuesday 10th

Search this Thread

Old 09 April 2001, 06:08 PM
Steve Perriam
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone who is up for a bit of a session of this gr8 mod can join us tomorrow evening from 7:30. (and every tuesday)

hoping for a better turnout than in the past few weeks !!

Server IP = 195.152.244.165:27015

Password = sc00by

you need to make sure you are patched up with the latest Half-Life and CS patch.

check out
Old 10 April 2001, 07:27 AM
Lee
Scooby Regular

working away this week

but will be back for wed's UT
Old 10 April 2001, 07:35 PM
Steve Perriam
Scooby Regular

Cool

just got home from bloody work.

sorry to see you are not around lee. maybe next week.

hope to see some people in the next 10-15 minutes on the server !!

steve
Old 10 April 2001, 08:59 PM
BarryK
Scooby Regular

Smile

Just got here, have confirmed it works online, so hope to join in in the next 20 mins or so.
Old 11 April 2001, 08:19 AM
BarryK
Scooby Regular

Smile

That was absolutely brill. Poor turnout was in our favour as we needed the practice big time.

By the way Steve, Johnny Boy isn't the same one who posts on here, maybe he will pluck up the courage to stop lurking and post something now you are his religious leader!!

We intend to practice, and I will improve this PC, so your days are numbered Keldar.

And by the way that's not an anagram of Dalek!!

C U next week.

Everyone else, get out there and buy this product. I've seen the future and it works!!!!
Old 11 April 2001, 05:03 PM
Steve Perriam
Scooby Regular

hi barry

glad u both enjoyed it.

we just never seem to get a decent turnout all at the same time anymore ! early in the evening there were 3 people on - not me i was rebuilding my other pc.

then those 3 went and there was the 3 of us !

hopefully next week some on the people who played at the start, blow dog, lee, dr hu etc will be back.

i will post another topic over the weekend to remind people about tuesday. maybe tues and / or 7:30 is not a good day / time ?

still i am glad u have 'seen the light' i cant understand all these (sad ) UT playing people not coming along for a CS blast.

maybe its to difficult for them, afterall u have to think a bit and not simply keep your trigger finger held down

i'll keep an eye out for you on some uk servers...where do you play ?

icq me if you want - 3147057

cheers

steve aka Kheldar
Old 11 April 2001, 05:50 PM
Mike Tuckwood
Scooby Regular

Question

Can this game/programme be dowloaded complete from somewhere or would I need to go and buy it first????
Old 11 April 2001, 06:53 PM
Steve Perriam
Scooby Regular

Cool

hi mike

Yes and No !! read on......

its based on Half-Life so you either must have purchased this in order to be able to download the CS software mod for free ?

OR if you dont have this then they are now selling Counter-Strike as a retail package - meaning you dont need a full copy of Half-Life to play.

not sure how much this is - sure someone here can tell you. i've had ½-Life since it came out and have downloaded a succession of CS patches to bring me upto date.

drop me an icq - no above in previous post or reply here if you want anymore info.

always nice to have another victim, i mean fellow player along to our sessions. cs really is the dogs bollocks of online gaming as barryk seems to have now discovered

cheers

steve
Old 11 April 2001, 09:18 PM
dsmith
Scooby Regular

Must say I think i am now of the converted..

The main prob is the retail packs will all unpatched. so you will need something like 20-40 mb download to bring you up to date. I have now idea if/when the retail packs will be updated. I'm fortunate in having a juicy fat pipe at work and laptop to bring it home hey working at BT has to have an upside....

If anyone wants a CD with the various upgrades I can cut one and mail it out - justr so long as it doesn't spark the same demand as blowdogs ring video (somehow that seems to sound dodgy put like that !!!)

Old 12 April 2001, 09:58 AM
Steve Perriam
Scooby Regular

Cool

hi dean

yeah but its good that they are continually evolving software, afterall CS is a free mod which wont cost you a penny !

and in this time of free 24/7 internet access a large 20-40mb download aint really a problem.

the retail pack can be updated by a similar download to those of us with the freebie mod.

check out the sites i mentioned before for details.

steve
Old 13 April 2001, 11:55 PM
Ozark
Scooby Newbie

There's an anonymous FTP server on the same box as the CS server (195.152.244.165) which has all the patches you would need to upgrade. I update the server and the ftp site at the same time so you should always be able to get what you need.

Its much less busy than other sites when a release happens because it's not advertised anywhere

I generally only keep the full update and the last incremental update though so if you're a few versions out of date you're best off downloading the full thing.

Cheers,
Gareth.

Oh, the latest UT update and four bonus packs are on there too.
Old 15 April 2001, 10:05 AM
BarryK
Scooby Regular

Smile

A couple of other guys where I work are setting off to buy the half life generation pack from eletronics boutique, as they seem to be stocking it.

PC World only have CS on it's own for the same price, cheeky gits! But if you only want to play online then you don't need half life itself.

Should build up a good following on Tuesdays. I was just faffing around last week and didn't get on until about nine.

CU 19:340 ish.

Ooops forgot to mention it cost £19.99.

[This message has been edited by BarryK (edited 15 April 2001).]