Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Dixons Bast@rds

Search this Thread

Old 20 December 2002, 08:49 PM
mancamefirst
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Me old man is terminally ill, touch and go if he would be with us still at Xmas, things began to brighten up week before last. He was responding well to treatment and the hospital said there was a very good chance he would be released from hospital for Xmas, even if only for a short while.
Being housebound he life revolves around his tele, and Sky Digital etc. Decided to buy him a widescreen TV, VCR and DVD package. Looked around but cos i'd left it so late delivery was an issue. Eventually ended up in Dixon's in Sutton. Bought a low spec package at a reasonable price, but most importantly delivery was PROMISED well b4 Xmas. Been changed 3 times now, the latest yesterday was guaranteed on Tuesday, absolutely no question. Phoned 2 hours ago, they can't deliver until Friday!!!!!!!
******* Bast@rds, my dad is out of hospital on Tuesday for about a week, i have no idea if he will be out again after this, and Dixons have stuffed up his last Xmas!!
Old 20 December 2002, 08:55 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

A call to their head off ice via the daily mail would soon sort that out...
Hope it all works out,
astraboy.
Old 21 December 2002, 03:49 PM
barge
Scooby Regular

Can you not collect ?

van hire is only about £30 for a day

Old 21 December 2002, 04:02 PM
AnDy_PaNdY
Scooby Regular

Cancel and go to a local independant dealer, you will have the products the same day.
Good luck.
Old 21 December 2002, 07:16 PM
mancamefirst
Scooby Regular

Barge

went down that route after the first alteration cos i had a feeling it would all go wrong, they claimed the TV had to be sent down from Yorkshire, and would go to their depot in Croydon (I think), and then straight on to me that day. The delivery after Xmas was because they couldn't get the stuff down to this part of the country til then.
I've been to Currys on the Fiveways (Croydon) today (amongst several other places) and guess what they've got.....But for more money, and without a free portable TV, but i can pick it up from Epsom tomorrow (Have to say they couldn't have been more helpful). Aren't Dixons and Currys part of the same company, if so why can't Dixons use Currys stock to honour their commitment to customers.
Old 21 December 2002, 07:54 PM
barge
Scooby Regular

I know how you feel.

Curry & Dixons same firm yep, I was in Currys on Old Kent Road today & they were unloading from a 40 foot Dixon artic.

Old 21 December 2002, 07:56 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Go and collect from Comet? Independant? Cancel via Head Office at Curry's - telling the Manager of Customer Services your story!

Pete
Old 21 December 2002, 08:11 PM
JoanUK300
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Yep, definetely feel a complaint coming on....doing quite a bit of it lately..

Anyway, having dealt with Dixons I wouldn`t hold my breath!!!
So, go to store mamnager, explain your circumstances and TELL him you want a display model for FREE for the Christmas week and New Year week, if he doesn`t comply with this, time for a phone call to Head Office, again, explain the situation and surely they wouldn`t do this to an elderly gentleman at this time of year and tell them you WILL get in touch with the papers, tell them you will nominate them for them `Scrooge of the year` and see what happens.........failing that give me the details and I`ll see what I can do for you.

Let us know what happens?
Joan.

[Edited by JoanUK300 - 12/21/2002 8:23:13 PM]
Old 21 December 2002, 08:22 PM
Adrian F
Scooby Regular

I have had bad experences with Dixons, Currys and the Link over the Years all about warrenty issues and will not deal with any of them what ever and would never recomend any of them.
Old 21 December 2002, 09:33 PM
IWatkins
Scooby Regular

Have to agree, I never use Dixons, Comet, Currys (that lot) if I can at all help it.

Don't think I've ever bought anything from these guys without hassle of some sort. Their only saving grace is that they are local/convienent and are there for the impulse purchases. But I try to refrain.

As for this problem, if I understand it correctly, you can still cancel the order if you have had enough. Go and see a local independant and see what they have in stock.

Cheers

Ian

Old 22 December 2002, 02:01 PM
CataIunya
Scooby Regular

If they don't deliver on time its actually breach of contract and you could sue them, not that you would but at least your money back an some kind compensation.