Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Has Dick Resigned?

Search this Thread

Old 17 August 2000, 07:02 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

There was a thread, on this fine BBS I believe, called something like 'SIDC - joking right!!!!' which mentioned that Dick Grimes is considering resigning from SIDC committe.

I've heard from someone, and no I will not tell you who it is, that he has now resigned, anyone at SIDC wish to comment as to wether this is a) true, and b) the reasons for his resignation.

If it is true then what happens about the courses he used to run?
Old 18 August 2000, 02:05 AM
Lee
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

This kinda thread can do no-one any good. Idle gossip and debates about the courses etc etc.

Myself, I would wait for the facts.

Respect the privacy !! Everyone deserves that....
Old 18 August 2000, 09:45 AM
Markus
Scooby Regular

I know it's a *bad thing* posting the thread, and loose lips sink ships, I apologise for that. Guess I'm just anxious to see wether it's true or not. Daft question, but when will we know the facts?
Old 18 August 2000, 10:30 AM
Lee
Scooby Regular

I believe there is a committee meeting on Sunday so perhaps if anything is going on you'll know Monday ?
Old 18 August 2000, 11:10 AM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the additional info, I'll wait till monday then.
Old 21 August 2000, 12:45 AM
Lee
Scooby Regular

Yes, it is confirmed that Dick and Yvette (apologies for any wrong spelling) have resigned from their posts as vice-chairman and membership secretary.

A "new" committee has been formed and will be posted on the website soon.

Old 21 August 2000, 10:52 AM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Just wondering if there was a meeting, and if anything has ocurred.
Old 21 August 2000, 01:39 PM
Yex
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Lee,

I have been reading the threads associated with this subject for the time they have been around. I have to say on the face of it this is a loss to the club that may not quite be appreciated as yet.

When the "new" committee list is published can you also state the true reasons behind Dick's descision to leave, rather than have people speculate as they have been. I would also like to know if Dick will remain as an active member of the club, and continue to arrange the skid pan days as before. I hope I am not asking for too much but I believe a clear and conscise explanation of events leading up to Dick's resignation would put to bed a lot of idle gossip that has been seen on the board since the AGM.

Regards

Yex
Old 21 August 2000, 02:22 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Yex;
I'm with you on this. Hence the reason I started the thread. As was stated by lee, gossip mongering does much harm, and I want to know the facts about the situation.

I do agree that Dick's resignation will cause ripples, he was a valued member of the club. I just want to know the reasons for the resignation
Old 22 August 2000, 12:18 AM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Ok, this is getting silly, I'm trying to keep an eye on 3 diferent threads, 2 on scoobynet and 1 on 22b. All about the same issue.

For clarity here is the new membership secs details:

-----
new membership secretary is Lisa Christie.
8 Brayers Mews
Rochford
Essex. SS4 1XF.
----

This info was on 22b.

I've asked a few logical questions on the 22b thread and as I don't want to toatlly confuse everyone I won't ask them again here.

Mark 'trying not to go insane trying to read 3 different threads'
Old 22 August 2000, 12:37 AM
Yex
Scooby Regular

Lee,

My post may have been a bit OTT, but I was angry that we had to find out "officially" from a thread that started off as a rumour, something I'm sure we need to avoid as often as possible. I believe that the announcement of Dick's resignation should have been posted on both BBS's to ensure as complete a coverage as possible, and stop all threads on why's and wherefores - including me . This is the way to go forward in future as many/most members read both BBS's associated with Scooby ownership and rely on them for information with regard to events, people etc. If we all had to rely on snail mail then nothing would get done efficiently, and I'm not even sure when the next issue of True Grip is due out, whenever it is not soon enough

I appreciate that the club wants to go forward and grow as it has done in the last year or so. But, by making a committee backed statement on the BBS's would have put a stop to all the rumours once and for all.

I hope I haven't upset anyone too much, that is something I specifically try not to do at any time of work or play.

Regards

Yex - feeling a bit better now
Old 22 August 2000, 08:56 AM
Colin Berry
Scooby Regular

Its official. DICK HAS RESIGNED!
Old 22 August 2000, 09:17 AM
Markus
Scooby Regular

See this thread on 22b
Old 22 August 2000, 09:34 AM
Yex
Scooby Regular

Angry

Has anyone on the new committee got anything to say about this "officially" yet?

It's all very well and good saying Dick has resigned and a new committee has been put in place...BUT they need to make themselves known to people NOW and not when they feel like it. And one more thing while I'm feeling p155ed off about the lack of information on Dick's departure, why is there a link to a thread on 22b.com when the same information should be available to both BBS's...again a committee issue

The amount of speculation that has been going on since the AGM merits a positive response from the committee ASAP - the members of this club have a right to know the exact reasons for Dick's departure. I for one cannot believe that it's because Dick has tired of the club, so the real reason please.

Yex - looking for light in a dark place
Old 22 August 2000, 09:40 AM
chuckster
Scooby Regular

Question

Maybe there should be a Special General Meeting at Trax, I'm sure there will be more SIDC members there than at the AGM.
Would also allow us to vote a technology guy onto the commitee if required/permitted by club rules.
Cheers
Chuck
Old 22 August 2000, 10:06 AM
Lee
Scooby Regular

Hmm.

1) Ian (Yex)..aren't you going a bit overboard ?

2) Official statement is in true grip, the current SIDC vehicle for information.

3) Remember the BBS's have nowt to do with the SIDC.

4) Chuck - no need for a new IT guy on the committee.

Dick's service to the club was immeasurable and we thank him for that.

From True Grip (Pete C)...
>>>It is with great regret that I must announce that Dick Grimes has decided to stand-down as Club and Membership Secretary. Dick felt it would be better for some of the more IT orientated members to help the committee implement the move towards electronic communication. Those of you who know Dick's "love" of IT will recognise this as a good move on his part<<<<

Chairman - Pete Croney
Treasurer - Tony Quinn
Secretary - Graham Cowland
Membership Secretary - Lisa Christie
PR / media - Anders Skarsten
Motorsport organiser - Stefan Reader
IT Consultant - Lee Christie
True Grip Editor - Neil Oxburgh

I am curious to know how come you *expect* (demand?) to know the reasons behind his departure. Above is the official statement, if that is not satisfactory then speak to Dick. I know if I resigned from something I wouldn't want someone "in-the-know" broadcasting my thoughts around...

Rest assured that the SIDC is *not* about to go internet-mad !! So far the only decisions been made have been to equip each committee member with an sidc email address, to review the website to include photos/contact and to just review how things have been done in the past with the end result of more effective spending.
There were no negative views at the recent meeting - everyone is very keen and enthusiastic - and the members will benefit I'm sure.
Old 22 August 2000, 10:11 AM
chuckster
Scooby Regular

Question

Lee, I only mentioned that because originally I thought IT was going to be a commitee post, with voting rights. And this was abandoned at the AGM and replaced with a 'consultant' role. I wasn't trying to imply you aren't adequate mate , rather I'm all for making you full on comitee member.
You've got a kid and proved your manhood for all to see
Cheers
Chuck
Old 22 August 2000, 10:34 AM
Lee
Scooby Regular

Cheers Chuck !

rest assured I'm on the committee and have full "voting" rights Dunno about proving manhood though - the blood tests aren't back yet
Old 22 August 2000, 10:54 AM
ChrisB

Yex,

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>why is there a link to a thread on 22b.com when the same information should be available to both BBS's...again a committee issue<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>.

I'm confused - why do you say the information is not available to both BBS's? You click the link above and the information is there. No point in duplicating the information is there?

Chris.