Car Crime: the year 2005.

Search this Thread

Old 12 February 2002, 02:19 PM
marty_t3
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nah... just having a bad Monday.

seriously though...

I don't think car crime has really gone up that much in the last few years. I'd guess it was more to do with improved and more readily available car security making it harder to steal cars. The thieves are having to resort to more violent and severe methods of getting their hands on our possessions.

10 years ago they would just hotwire the car and dissappear. Their only crime would be theft.

Now they need the keys. They're committing multiple crimes to steal one car. House breaking, mugging, car jacking. It's these more serious offences that are making car theft such a problem now.

And it's only going to get worse. The police aren't doing much about it, and the victims of the crime are being charged for trying to defend their property.

[Edited by marty_t3 - 12/2/2002 2:23:07 PM]
Old 02 December 2002, 01:45 PM
Luke
BANNED

Int he last 5 years car crime has gone mad. The law has little chance. How would you expect it to be in 3 years time at the current rate???? Do you expect the Law ?police to be able to deal with it?? Will they care??
Its an open debate..

I believe Cars bought/sold must be taken to a Goverment office to have details of all parties checked.£40.00 (Good money Tony!!) and everyone should be happy.

That Joy riders etc will be such a problem..The Public will be forced to "Deal" with it.
Old 02 December 2002, 02:07 PM
marty_t3
Scooby Regular

I'm more a believer in disuading people from commiting crime rather than just giving them another law to ignore.

I say let's chop the hands off anyone caught even trying to steal a car. Lets see then try to steal another with no fingers.

Anyone caught breaking into a house should be dealt with however the house owner pleases. Once the homeowner has dished out their punishment, the criminal is castrated to make sure they don't pollute the gene pool.

Muggers should be beaten to a pulp and have their wrists and ankles broken every 3 months to stop then hitting anyone again.

In all the above cases it should be 3 stikes and you're out... ie shot in the head with no trial or appeal. End of story. It would save the courts (ie. you and me) a fortune.

Marty.

Old 02 December 2002, 02:09 PM
Luke
BANNED

Wink

Marty

you have got to take up Yoga or something....
Old 02 December 2002, 02:18 PM
m18use
Scooby Regular

harsh but fair
Old 02 December 2002, 02:18 PM
stanmo
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Gazing into my crystal ball...

Armed car jacking and key lifting will increase, the ever decreasing number of officers on the beat and those available to respond will drop (for health and safety reasons if nothing else).
Insurance will go up, surprisingly

I'm sure there'll be a few nasty abductions and/or brutal assaults and rapes as a result of the above. A few auto theft related murders will outrage the press for a few weeks. Drugs related offences may increase as those desperate for a fix will realise that car crime is quite lucrative compared to mugging or breaking and entering. No one will be able to defend themselves or their home for fear of reprisals or being locked up.

Joyriding and racing of Scoobs will increase as the MY98-00 secondary market prices drop even further, with proportional increases in deaths resulting from general abuse of high performance vehicles (look at the number of models on the market in the same market sector as the UK turbo compared to 5 years ago).
Sales in this sector may well drop as a result of high insurance and/or risk of car jacking/theft/vandalism.

The cost of that no brainer consultation will be a shiny new SS downpipe pressed into the palm of my hand.
Old 02 December 2002, 02:37 PM
stanmo
Scooby Regular

Smile

I'd personally sanction castration as the sentence for all violent crimes. No testosterone, fewer violent urges (with the few exceptions of drugs or mental illness).

It'll go some way to deterring those convicted of rape. They might be less likely to reoffend without the little guys telling them what to do. I'm sure prison would be a slightly more pleasant place populated with eunuchs.

Oh, and public hanging, drawing and quartering for child offences.
Old 02 December 2002, 03:04 PM
Luke
BANNED

Click link
Old 02 December 2002, 03:18 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

uh-oh! Surely that proposal will also be able to check average speed between any pair of beacons?

What a crock of **** [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]