Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Firemens dispute

Search this Thread

Old 22 November 2002, 07:24 PM
Chip_Butty
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Just who does Gilchrist think he is ? He is nothing but a throwback to the 1970’s with ridiculous unachievable communist ideals. This man is a danger to modern post Thatcher politics and he should be dealt with severely. He has hijacked this dispute to try to bring about a revolution and he might just succeed because the labour government have got no credibility or strength to keep these left wing loonies at bay.
Under the skin of the so called new labour lies the foundations of the old left wing dinosaurs of the seventies. Blair tries to be Margaret Thatcher in drag, but that’s as far as it gets because he is no iron lady, he will never achieve an ounce of what Margaret did with her government. All that she has done is being undermined and reversed by these slackers. Prescot: Deputy Prime Minister ? This guy was a once a cabin boy for Pete’s sake, he was probably born on a council estate in Hull too And now he is a key player in the British Government
To summarise then, this government has made a complete and utter shambles of this dispute all because of the old labour underdogs. And my message to the firemen ? : Get back to work, you are not worthy of a 40% pay increase and neither is anyone else in the public sector: stop trying to take advantage of a weak government.

Ant

I wonder how long this stays in general
Old 22 November 2002, 07:27 PM
rich uk300
Scooby Regular

Smile

maybe it should be in non scooby related
Old 22 November 2002, 07:28 PM
Chip_Butty
Scooby Regular

Wink

Maybe Rich, but how many people look in there ?
I am trying to make as many people as possible aware.

Ant
Old 22 November 2002, 07:39 PM
mkyboy
Scooby Regular

Angry

Just my OPINION!

The firemen should get back to work!

If you want to earn more than 21K or what ever it is get another job!!! If you want to save lives, GET BACK TO WORK!!!!

If they stay on strike and get a pay rise i hope its worth all the peoples lives who have burned to death! I only hope its there families/mates who die.

Now thats off my chest, back to SCOOBY chat!
Old 22 November 2002, 07:40 PM
Type R
Scooby Regular

Angry

Have to say Im hacked off with the Firemen and the Govenment, tomorrow I will have roundabout 600 Guests in my hotel, if I have to evacuate say at 2.00am in the morning, it will be a nightmare, god help us if there is a fire. We are not aloud to silence are bells until the Firemen get here, so the poor guests are gonna have to wait outside for anyware upto an hour, or we take it on the head and silence them.

I have got to manage this for the next 8 days.

Gets right on my mittens 40% Increase !! they were having a Giraffe surely. On top of that they can have 2nd jobs, and get it easier than the other emergency services hours wise.
Can you imagine, the economy will hit rock bottom, if they get there rise, next thing you know the Nurses will strike, then the Police, then I want a rise to pay for the extra taxes, where does it end.

IMHO this should have been dealt with years ago

Before anyone decides to flame me, I think the Fire Brigade are fantastic, having cut a friend out of his car a few weeks ago, why does it have to come to this.

The only losers are the public

If I lost anybody due to this I would publicy shame the fire brigade, and the government.

Off to take a chill pill

[Edited by Type R - 11/22/2002 7:44:17 PM]
Old 22 November 2002, 07:47 PM
Katana
Scooby Regular

Someone tell me again how we can justifiably spend billions to fight america's war on terrorism and iraq whereas we aren't even willing to help our own firemen which is a local problem in the first place?
Old 22 November 2002, 07:52 PM
Chip_Butty
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Communist

Trending Topics

Old 22 November 2002, 07:59 PM
Katana
Scooby Regular

No I'm a realist. I do not live in dream world where pink fairies come and water my plants for me and deers run wild in my garden. I live in the world where the deers get run over if they're in my way and the only person that waters my garden is me or any of my family members..
Old 22 November 2002, 08:27 PM
RichiW
Scooby Regular

hmmm, i can see this going seriously off topic.

So if your such a realist why are you sticking your head in the sand reguarding a real terrorist threat to you and your family, oh, it isnt on your front door like the firemen are right??

America's war on terrorism is everyones war who wishes to have a free world to live in, without living in fear of been blown up by some extremist whos beliefs are that backwards he gets praise for killing others who dont follow his religions babble!

Rich.
Old 22 November 2002, 08:32 PM
Katana
Scooby Regular

Ahahahahahahahaha! You just don't see it do you? Its propaganda by the US to get us to follow suit. Tell me, if they're so hell bent on fighting terrorists, what are they doing about ETA and the IRA? If I'm not mistaken, several prominant Americans donate to the IRA (Sinn Fein same thing)..

edit: Hmm so its okay to kill others just for the sake of economy then?

[Edited by Katana - 11/22/2002 8:35:27 PM]
Old 22 November 2002, 08:50 PM
jaf01uk
Scooby Regular

They are already payed more than the ambulance service and we are gettin sh@t on at every turn and never even get a mention when their wages are being discussed, I wonder why??
Old 22 November 2002, 10:17 PM
Chip_Butty
Scooby Regular

Angry

Public opinion is plummeting I'm afraid. These guys are on a mission to nowhere. And thats where they deserve to go in this rather selfish petty dispute. Why on earth should a fireman get over £25K when at the end of the day he is a mere tradesman ?
I toiled long and hard from a humble upbringing, state education and eventually university to get where I am today and its been bl00dy hard work all the way. I could have easliy loafed around like my old school chums and filtered into hum drum jobs, but I chose to stand above all that through sheer ambition. Similarly, these anarchists CHOSE to become firefighters amongst many applicants. They achieved their aims, but what are they doing now ? They presumably chose thier careers because they wanted to play an active role in saving lives. SO GET ON WITH IT[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Ant
Old 22 November 2002, 10:27 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Type R,
Do you get a lot of fires then at your hotel.

Chip
Old 22 November 2002, 10:50 PM
father_jack
Scooby Regular

Why on earth should a fireman get over £25K when at the end of the day he is a mere tradesman ?
What do you do that's worth 25k chip butty? Just asking like

[Edited by father_jack - 11/22/2002 10:50:49 PM]
Old 22 November 2002, 11:04 PM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Exclamation

FJ
Ah, do you mean his imaginary job, or his non-existent real one
Old 23 November 2002, 10:49 AM
Chip_Butty
Scooby Regular

Red face

Mr Turbo-Smithe

You are such a bitch

Ant
Old 23 November 2002, 11:21 AM
camk
Scooby Regular

Angry

Chip-Butty,
What a stuck up little snob you are, "Born on a Council Estate"...like its a debilitating disease or something. Crawl back to the **** hole you came out of. It's due to these so called Communists,Real Labour politicians and trade unionist that you are not working 80 hour weeks from the age of 11 and still paying half your wages to your employer for ****ty housing. What short memories the we have......in your case its obviously lack of any knowledge of history, beyond the 70's and 80's.

Cheers
Cammy

PS Maybe sometime in the future we'll meet and I'll show you my superior intelligence, compassion and manners(all from a council Estate upbringing). Then I'l kick your ****ing head in.....just because I can.
Old 23 November 2002, 03:41 PM
AnDy_PaNdY
Scooby Regular

What a nice chap you are
Old 24 November 2002, 03:08 PM
bluto22b
Scooby Regular

Red face

This strike is certainly allowing people to vent their anger, Chill out fella's
Old 24 November 2002, 07:27 PM
Chip_Butty
Scooby Regular

Angry

Camk, why did you flee to Germany. Couldn't you stand the pace in the UK?
If you came across me in the street you wouldn't dare look me in the eye. People who make sad threats over the internet are just hiding behind there insecurities[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Get real you numb-nut[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]