Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Another NIP

Search this Thread

Old 14 November 2002, 12:00 AM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

This is getting bloody rediculous now. Almost every mate i know including myself and also some relatives have points of some kind on their license. My dad got an NIP through the door today and we are now going to ignore it after reading through various threads posted up on scoobynet. Do you guys think this is wise or just plain stupid?

I drove home a while back from my girlfriends house through a route i havent driven for ages and i counted 3 gatso cameras which werent there 3 or so months back. Then the following day i see those bloody vans with the cameras in the back pointing at me and nearly causing accidents by people instinctively slamming their anchors on all around me. I am getting realy pi$$ed off with all this speeding crap around us. In 40 years of driving my father hasnt picked up a single speeding ticket untill today. It makes me sick. We all ignore it though untill it happens to us or a relative etc. Its all in the papers too.I read an article about a couple who travelled to visit someone and got home with 6 fresh penalty points on their license, and its the same up and down the country. People are losing their jobs etc because of this ****. And before all the doo gooders start on to me about speeding etc etc blah blah blah!!! Its gone from speeding to revenue. Thats all the government are concearned about now. They may have started off with good intentions, maybe, but because of pressure to fill their quotas/ various deadlines etc they are now taking the pi$$, and us EASY motorists are taking it too. It should be made ilegal.

Anyway back to main point of dicussion. What do you think I/my dad should do?

Sorry to rant but im very annoyed.

Regards

Scrappy
Old 14 November 2002, 12:05 AM
nuclear_pond
Scooby Regular

I am currently pending prosecution from a NIP for doing 90 in a 60 in July (A Road). It takes ages to process.

Get this though. Two other people at work were caught at a similar time to me.

Person A was 90 in a 60 (A Road)in scotland. He gets a 3 month ban. So naturally I am worried.

Person B, on a motorbike, on a motorway, undertakes a police car at 98, they chase him, catch him, he's nicked for speeding, reckless driving, no tax, no insurance, no MOT. what does he get? 6 points and £600 fine FFS. We at work though loss of licence for sure.

Its sooooo down to the magistrate on the day.
Old 14 November 2002, 10:09 AM
ajm
Scooby Regular

I would recommend getting your company to write a "His license is essential for his work, please don't ban him" kind of letter. We did that for one of our employees caught doing 126mph on his motorbike on the motorway. They gave him a 1 week ban and £500 fine, instead of what would have been a 3 month ban for sure. Not sure how it worked out but after the 1 week ban he ended up with no points aswell which was a bonus!
Old 14 November 2002, 10:27 AM
beemerboy
Scooby Regular

If he was speeding, he should take the RAP.

No excuses!!!

People like this only kill people.
They should be made to visit victims in hospitals and cemetries (sp?) and parentless kids!!!, and explain thair actions to them!!

bb
Old 14 November 2002, 11:08 AM
Jon1T
Scooby Regular

Youi can only use 'the essential to my job' excuse once - and only when you're facing loss of licence.

You have to have your NIP within 2 weeks of the offence date so check that. If not then challenge it.

You can do three things: Ignore it, and take the rap when they catch up with you (and they will).

Pay up now

Write to them asking for evidence that you were driving, dispute the fact you were speeding, that you were driving and drag it out for as long as poss. However this is a lot of hassle for no definite result.

I got a NIP in Nov last year on the M25 - however myself and my wife were in the car at the time. Cos we'd moved house I didn't get the NIP until 2 months later, so wrote to them saying can't remember who was driving at the time - can you send me the photo. They did (of the number plate and rear light) and I wrote back and said 'sorry doesn't show who was driving - as it was so long ago we can't remember'.

That was in Feb, and I've heard nothing since......

...although it'll prob be waiting for me when I get home tonight....
Old 14 November 2002, 12:38 PM
scooby nutter
Scooby Regular

Do something about it ,find the gatso's and smash em up!!
a nice lump hammer through the glass does the trick

Loads around by me have been done,black paint over the lenses,
theres some on a nice safe dual carrigeway with no junctions or footpaths and clear visibility for the driver,these have had the top parts "Removed"!!!!!
they have been like that for over 3 years now,just wires hanging out!!!

If everyone made a stand against this c***,then they wouldnt keep putting more and more of them up.But hey we are British and we let them walk all over us!!!
Old 14 November 2002, 08:09 PM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

Totally agree - the bloody revenue cameras are out of control and ruining the lives of decent people via persecution and prosecutions.

If they really cared about road safety they would have cameras at every red light. Jumping a red is ALWAYS dangerous, speeding by 25 mph out of town is only very rarely dangerous...
Old 14 November 2002, 08:30 PM
EVOLUTION
Scooby Regular

We have national days for everything now, how about a NATIONAL OSTAG destroying day, ALL of them

John
Old 15 November 2002, 04:53 AM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

Red face

Beemer girl, shut your face before i shut it for you. My dad is a very sensible driver and for your info it was on a carriageway. I suppose you never break the speed limit do you? Of coarse you dont you self rightious prig!!! If that is your attitude then everyone on the road should have a ban is it, cos we have all broken the speed limit more than 4 times(SP 30's) in our driving career.

Totally agree with scooby nutter.
Old 15 November 2002, 11:29 PM
nuclear_pond
Scooby Regular

now-now children. Dont throw teddy out of the pram.
Old 16 November 2002, 01:08 AM
flat4
\m/ ^_^ \m/

Location: 2010 Time Attack Club Pro Champion - Powered by ScoobyClinic
Wink

i do believe there was a at the end of the post

kev
Old 16 November 2002, 02:58 AM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

Wink

opps my bad then.
Old 16 November 2002, 07:39 PM
Leg@cy
Scooby Regular

Scrappy,

I got caught by the one the other side of the 'flyover' northbound...

Alleged offence date..sometime in Jan this year...

Received a 'final demand' a month or 2 later..

Phoned them to explain this was the first notice that I had received...

Send me a duplicate copy for me to fill in....

Sent this to them.....

August comes.... letter from them telling me that 'due to non receipt, this has now been passed to the courts and you need to complete the enclosed forms accordingly... blah blah blah.. (Whether you wanna appear in court or not etc etc)

Even after sending letters and tlelphone conversation, as the documents were not received, it's at court and that's that!!

However I did explain the situation the Crown prosecution service and he was 'sympathetic' and request them to go easy on me...

The court date was 10th Oct...... I've now recieved 2 letters adkorning the case to a future date.....

Still waiting......

Anyone any knowledge of why the latter happens and when I can expect this to come to an end..??

So from alleged offence to final outcome... 10 months ...so far... surely this must cost them a fortune.... They better not pass this cost to me...

Ever since the 1st went missing, I used Royal Mail Special Delivery 12 noon, and requested notification of receipt... last 2 have managed to find their way there.... scary ...

DEFINATLEY request copy of photo..... could be someone else alongside breaking speed limit not your family member!!

If it is the case, settle the bill and move on.... painful I know... keep it for another time..

Cheers