Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Nottingham programme last night

Search this Thread

Old 18 October 2002, 10:31 AM
Andy McCord
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
After reading all the good reports on TSL I was thinking off using them in the future, but after last nights prog on nottingham i doubt i would be able to afford the armed guard to get me through nottingham, the boxer knocking the mother-in-law into next week OUCH!!!! lots off classy women there as well, I liked the skinhead lying on the floor with the outdoor fountain display..

edited due to clap pelling

[Edited by Andy McCord - 10/18/2002 10:32:34 AM]
Old 18 October 2002, 10:39 AM
ScoobyK
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Andy...don't forget TSL is well os Nottingham (Keyworth).

Also, the boxer...MMMmmmm I feel a little sorry for him as he was heavilly provoked by his gf before the incident, and to be honest, without knowing the full true story, it's hard to make assumptions on who did what etc....all I would say is that it was a cracking right hook !!!!!!!!!!
Old 18 October 2002, 10:44 AM
Fulham71
Scooby Regular

Mate !
Go to TSL before making assumptions it couldnt be more different round there to Nottingham !
MOST people round there havent woken up yet !
Old 18 October 2002, 10:45 AM
Andy McCord
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How far out off Nottingham is keyworth?? matey
Old 18 October 2002, 10:46 AM
red_dog104
Scooby Regular

Location: Casualty or Holby City, Take your pick, it's not like that in real life!!
Cool

BUGGER!!! I missed that! Can't see what the fuss about Nottingham being violent is anyway. There has only been 52 shootings in the last 12 weeks! Now that's not bad is it?!?!?!

Keyworth is a bit of a 'posh' place anyway, only idiots that I know that lived there were my cousins and they have moved away now so I think you would be safe!! It's worth dodging shrapnel to visit TSL, believe me! (come on Trouser, how many more times do I have to say good things about your place before I get a discount?!?!?!)

Seriously, you don't even have to go near the city centre to get to Keyworth. It's about 10 miles away and a nice quiet little place!

[Edited by red_dog104 - 10/18/2002 10:48:10 AM]
Old 18 October 2002, 10:49 AM
Fulham71
Scooby Regular

a few miles south !
So from London where i come from I have to dodge the gettos my end but feel safe once past Watford gap & out into the country !
The air does have a funny stench up there though ! I thought fresh air was good for you ! doesnt smell good too many bl**dy animals !
Old 18 October 2002, 11:05 AM
ScoobyK
Scooby Regular

The only thing you have to watch for up there is the boys in blue...they seem to like sitting on the sides of the country roads with their hairdryers pointing at you....tend to use different methods up there to darn sarf
Old 18 October 2002, 11:38 AM
Dan B
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

The boxer chap got taken away in plods Scoob though Nice. Get him to jail quicker...
Old 18 October 2002, 11:49 AM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

is this the show with the asian V white yob fight? if it was it shows that violent street crime should be recorded in two camps- violence against inocent strangers and that agianst lound mouth yobbos asking for trouble. the stats wouldnt look so scary then.

T
Old 18 October 2002, 12:04 PM
MATTeL
Scooby Regular

You get a discount after me... 8k+ posts and half of them praising TSL (more or less).

Keyworth is a lovely, calm place... until Trouser drives to and from work!

The Nottingham program was interesting but I really don't remember trouble when I was there as a student or out more recently.

I am just glad I missed out on all the "classy" women... the two sisters battering each other was interesting as was the two girls fighting on the floor.

The funniest point was the Policeman just leaning against a way and sighing loudly after breaking up yet another dispute.
Old 18 October 2002, 12:23 PM
spender
Scooby Regular

who thought the copper driving the car in the Audi incident was wearing eyeliner!!!!!!!!

Was reading the paper when matey boy (boxer) got driven away in the Scoob - recognised the throbbing immediately.

LOL
Old 18 October 2002, 12:29 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Thumbs up

Not only is Keyworth a nice little village with friendly people, but I can recommend the cafe just up the street from TSL. They do a good English breakfast, excellent coffee, are cheap, and quite prepared for you to sit and read a paper over a cup, while you wait for your car, an hour or so is no problem, but not during lunchtime of course.
Alcazar
Old 18 October 2002, 12:32 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

Wink

I thought it was great when those 2 big dudes, took a battering for racially abusing some asian kids!

Pay backs a bitch!
Old 18 October 2002, 12:41 PM
Baby Blue
Scooby Regular

I grew up in Keyworth - don't live there now but my folks still do - it's quite safe but hardly a small village - last count I heard of there were 12,000 people living there.

I havn't really bought stuff from Trouser (Paul) or Graham but they're a great bunch of people @ TSL (providing Trouser can get me the reflectors I've been after for months - only kidding Paul!!!!!!) - get yourself up/down there.

The program last night concentrated on a couple of areas around Nottingham, which I wouldn't visit in my scoob but as people have said, Keyworth is at least 10 miles south of any of these bits.

BB
Old 18 October 2002, 01:53 PM
Scooby-Doo
Scooby Regular

Its a manufactured program, they could make most towns in the UK appear good or bad depending on what view they wish to transmit. I agree the copper chasing the Audi had eyeliner and highlights.
Old 18 October 2002, 02:11 PM
manny
Scooby Regular

What i couldn't believe is the lack of damage caused when those two thugs got tw@tted with bats, must be nothing between there ears to damage......If i hit somebody with a baseball bat belive me they wouldn't get up!
Old 18 October 2002, 02:15 PM
logiclee
Scooby Regular

Cool

Nottingham isn't any worse than any other city centre and probably better than most.

As anywere it depends which part you visit, look at Manchester some very elite areas as well as some very rough ones.

The night life in Nottingham is first class, never had any problems, and according to census details over the last 15 years there are around 5 times as many females as males. A nightclub survey a few years back but the clubbing ratio at 7 to 1 .

Keyworth is very nice.

Lee
Old 18 October 2002, 02:29 PM
scoob_babe
Scooby Regular

Location: Nobody knows how to tie the simple knots that I know
Flipping heck
I never realised it was such a vicious place - I lived there for 3 years and never saw anything like that!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 18 October 2002, 02:32 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

Talking

I have spent 6 weeks up their on various courses staying right in the city centre, it was top draw!

I was just more shocked at the violence shown, it really is nasty, I hate to see people fight.

But it can happen every where, and I only have to pick up my local paper to see this.