Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Do you have to PAY to work ?

Search this Thread

Old 30 September 2002, 09:16 PM
stevem2k
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Sorry chaps & chapesses it's time for a rant.....

My wife is a radiographer in the NHS. Until this year she has had to pay 2 organisations to enable her to work. One is to cover her against any liabilities .. about £20/month, the other is to an organisation called the CPSM , a regulatory body that 'hold' her registration and proof of qualification - just paper shufflers who provide no benefit to the workers. This year it was £25 to register.
Our wonderful government has decided that the CPSM should be hived off to another organisation called the HPC to do the same thing ( ie fsck all, apart from line their own pockets ), the killer line is that buried in the fluff sent out is that the fee will now be £60 a year "and will have to increase year-on-year to pay for further improvements".
I make that a 260% increase and they have her over a barrel as without registration she can't work.

Now £60 may not seem a lot, but this doesn't cover any insurance ( still £20 a month ) and this bunch of ******* don't actually DO anything.

She's livid. I'm livid. The orchestrator of this scam ? John Hutton MP - Health Minister (Lab) or huttonj@parliament.uk

Steve

PS Nurses ( more or less paid the same ) - £60 for 3 years ....

Right .. I'm off to subscribe this tw&t to some **** mailing lists ...
Old 30 September 2002, 09:31 PM
IWatkins
Scooby Regular

Angry

... do all the gambling sites too. They never fail to send out spam on a daily basis

Yep, that sucks big ones. I doubt it will be possible, but see if she can claim the costs back from her employer ? Most companies do allow this for professional memberships. There again, NHS....

Cheers

Ian
Old 30 September 2002, 09:54 PM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

Thumbs up

It would also be classed IMHO as a proffesional fee and therefore tax deductable

send the details to Inland Revenue and they will adjust her tax code [claim can be backdated as well]

Not much consolation I know but does reduce it by 20%

Phil