Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

"EasyJet"..you must be joking !!

Search this Thread

Old 19 August 2002, 10:52 PM
Luke
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Anyone else watched the "Airline" series??? Most of their customers strike me as been idiots,that have escaped for the day... And half the staff seem to be in the wrong job!!

I love the "I a big Boss type" passengers that start shouting because they are going to miss the flight as they are late..Great They should have been at the airport earlier. They only get excited as they are been filmed flying on a budget airline.

Sorry ..But I would always pay more and travel with a better compay.
Old 19 August 2002, 11:36 PM
rallycol
Scooby Regular

Flown with them loads of times and never had a problem,except being delayed by over four hours once ,but got a full refund.
Old 20 August 2002, 12:32 AM
AndiThompson
Scooby Regular

That poor lad who gets all the abuse, i'd be sooo tempted to tell em all where they can stick they're flight, not his fault is it?
Old 20 August 2002, 06:41 AM
Luke
BANNED

Andi ...good point they should say "If you want good service pay more ,now Fiuck off"!!

But Some of them passengers are nuts.. That teacher last night .She should not be in a school..she is unstable!!!Lost the plot. I think they should call it "Camp Air" with the staff they have.

But fair play to Stelios.. he has given the public a fairly good deal.
Old 20 August 2002, 07:17 AM
MarkO
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

We regularly watch 'Airline', and are astonished at the stupidity of some of the customers they have to deal with.

The teacher last night (already mentioned) - having been late for a previous appointment in Spain, you'd have thought she'd have arranged to turn up an hour early to the airport to ensure no delay. But her taxi's 20 mins late, and there's a bit of traffic, and she arrives 15 minutes after check in has closed - and then complains that she can't get let on the flight?! Duh!

Also astonishing was the lady who, 12 hours after the Sept 11th attacks, was complaining 'cos she couldn't get on a flight. The guy Leo was telling her that it was beyond his control, 37 flights had been grounded. She still wasn't having any of it, even when he said to her "Have you see what's happening in the US right now? Just be glad you're not dead!!!". [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

I'm sure EasyJet causes many of the problems with the usual corporate bullsh*t, but even so - it seems that with the money they save on the cheap flights, many of the people would do well to go out and buy themselves a brain.
Old 20 August 2002, 09:06 AM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
It's quite possible that if they had a bunch of cameras following the trials of BA on a day to day basis, you would think Easyjet aren't that bad. It does appear that sometimes they are unfair, but i'm sure they would be more forgiving than one of the big boys in the event of someone being late by a minute or so.
Old 20 August 2002, 09:07 AM
neilbbb
Scooby Regular

"warts and all" programmes are the best publicity easyjet could have asked for

very smart move IMHO

with cheap tickets you can't expect a top service all the time. i used them on a weekly basis for aobut 6 months and they were fine 80% of the time
Old 20 August 2002, 11:20 AM
DavidBrown
Scooby Regular

What gets me, is how people manage to miss their flights.

I've flown over 400 times, and never even been close to missing a flight.

That red-head lady who needed to be in Barcelona ended up in a gibbering wreck when she missed her flight. GET THERE REALLY EARLY YOU DIZZY COW, if it means to much to you.

Peculiarly, that Scottish woman who couldn't fly because her child was too young (under 14 days) said it was an emergency (had a dying relative.. yeah right).. 1) Does she really want to take her child on a flight if there's a health risk ?? 2) If it was such an emergency, why didn't she fly out the following day, rather than the following week ?

Old 20 August 2002, 11:32 AM
Reffro
Scooby Regular

Cool

The rules about late check-in are there for a reason. Easyjet and the other low cost airlines have 20-30mins turnaround times so they need everyone in the departure hall ready to board on time. 5 minutes lost at the beginning of the day cannot be made up later as there is little or no margin for time saving.

So don't be late or your not getting on the flight, simple really. Oh and leave plenty of time to get to the airport, its far more relaxing to be sat at the airport reading a newspaper and drinking the admittedly dire coffee, that sat in the car/train pulling your hair out because you are about to miss the flight.

And as for that idiot woman teacher on the programme last night, well if the taxi was 20 mins late and there was a lot of traffic on the road, then you didn't leave enough time in the first place to get to the airport. If you had planned to be at the airport 2hrs before the flight, there would have been no problem. Dumb Dumb Dumb, particularly if you Fcuked up once before.....
Old 20 August 2002, 11:56 AM
IWatkins
Scooby Regular

Get there 2 hours early. Plenty of time for six or seven G&Ts before your flight (Wisdom according to my missus who ain't a good flyer).
Old 20 August 2002, 12:11 PM
GaryK
Scooby Regular

yep same as what I thought, that gibbering wreck of a woman, it was *sooooo* important you would make sure you are there damn early wouldn;t you, dealing with public has to be the $hittiest job going I reckon.

Then there was the one with the businessman who turned up late because there was no concierge service to park his car, hmmm on a budget airline, yeah like that is gonna happen????

And then the stuck up tosser of a teacher who had 11K worth of sound equipment and wanted to make sure nothing would happen to it, the message is the same to these people, buy a f**king expensive ticket if you want this level of service otherwise sop f**king moaning!!! (O I dont work for easyjet either )

Gary
Old 20 August 2002, 12:12 PM
MarkO
Scooby Regular

Angry

Not forgetting the number of people who turn up at the airport without a passport. I mean, FFS. [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 20 August 2002, 01:02 PM
brickboy
Scooby Regular

Agree with all the above -- the EasyJet staff come across as saints compared to the t055ers who turn up 5 mins before takeoff and shouting the odds.
Old 20 August 2002, 01:09 PM
kenb@manx
Scooby Regular

I know a number of people who work for sleazy jet and all say they are good to work for. My only 'bitches' about low cost airlines are the advertised fairs (has anyone ever travelled at a reasonable hour or day both ways and got the low fares?) and the fact they occasionally drop you many miles from the city they claim to fly to. This aside, you pay your money and you know what you are gettting. It runs like a bus service as it showed last night when they couldn't identify who was sat in which seat and it caused further delays. On balance though, they get away quicker than most other airlines with their quick turnarounds. They have put the wind up a few 'business' airlines I can think of !

Ken
Old 20 August 2002, 03:36 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

I like easyjet a lot. Have used them loads of times with no probs, well, excepting delays, which one would have with any airline and thus is not their fault.

I don't bother watching Airline anymore as it just winds me up. You got these ****** in suits screaming about not being let onto the plane, when they have turned up late. Plus they scream about the quality and the service etc.. FFS!!!!!!!!! it's a cheap airline WTF do you expect? If you want luxury then go and travel on BA!!!

It so makes me laff when these self-important pillocks start raving, It's like, well mate if you were so damn big and important then you'd not be travelling on EJ would you? you'd be on BA, or a private jet, wouldn't you.

Silly people!
Old 20 August 2002, 03:41 PM
DavidBrown
Scooby Regular

Oh, and don't forget the dumbass American who got off the plane, because his wife hadn't boarded, and thought he'd lost her, delaying the plane a further 45 minutes.

Only to find that she HAD boarded the plane but he hadn't seen her.

Sheesh.
Old 20 August 2002, 04:29 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
Exclamation

word on the street. They have been known to use actors on this program and stage certain scenarios. I live in Luton and know peops at the airport, allegedly of course.
Old 20 August 2002, 04:36 PM
neilbbb
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

i was stuck in amsterdam on sept 11th waiting for an easyjet flight to come back to luton.

as events in new york unfolded it was very, very wierd to be sat in an airport with cnn on every tv (you could have heard a pin drop). unsurprisingly the plane was late (about 3 hours in the end) but we were all extremely relieved to be getting home at all.

The ironic thing that p*ssed everyone off (easyjet staff and passengers included) was a new yorker arguing the toss as to why he hadn't been kept informed of the delay.

i politely told him that perhaps his 3 hour delay wasn't the most important thing happening in the world at that moment.
what a t*sser
Old 20 August 2002, 08:46 PM
Luke
BANNED

Scoobynutta555

yeh ..Thats right.I saw the one with Bruce Willis...Jesus he nearly wrecked the place.
Old 20 August 2002, 08:50 PM
Luke
BANNED

Scoobynutta555

yeh ..Thats right.I saw the one with Bruce Willis...Jesus he nearly wrecked the place.
Old 21 August 2002, 01:21 AM
King RA
BANNED

I agree with all the stuff people said. If I was Stelios then I'd say if your late for your flight then it's your own tough $hit and you have to buy another ticket. That'll get people to be on time in the future.