Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Cack Films Nowadays...

Search this Thread

Old 26 July 2002, 10:24 AM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok, i've explained how i hate CG effects in films before (hence i will NOT be watching spiderman cause its a bloody CARTOON)

now something else i hate...cack endings, whats wrong with film makers? i cant remember the last time i watched a decent film ending. I saw minority report on wed, film was ok (to many HUGE plot holes but never mind) but the neding was cack...ohhh, they together and having a baby- excuse me while i vomit..not since face off when Archer turns up with Castors kid to play happy familys by replacing his son with the child of the man who put a bullet in him have a seen such a load of "oh, lets make the world a nice place" cack.

if speilberg is reading this (in fact i think he is beyond hope and the days of him burying the ark in secret goverment warehouses has now been replaced by him ending movies with a cuddle) then take note:

either end a movie in the thick of the action- like Rocky ends in the ring!

end with a BIG twist- like Arlington Rd which was probably the last good ending i saw

or put a lot of time into a good finish- but this only works if you care about the characters- like shawshank, we like Red and Andy enough to grant them a soppy hug on the beach.

BUT stop ending with cack!

Tiggs

ps- one of a thousnad minority report daft bits.....why are the drugs of the future carried in asthma style inhalers??? surley this makes it rather hard for dealers/users to remain discret with 50 plastic canisters rattling around their pockets!!!!

edit to add that if spielberg cant edit his endings i wont edit my spelling!

[Edited by Tiggs - 7/26/2002 10:25:43 AM]
Old 26 July 2002, 02:15 PM
Alpine
Scooby Regular

It's escapism man... suspend your disbelief.. and stop being so analytical... you never know you may enjoy a film again

OR

If you can do better.. DO..I believe that Mr Spielburg may have made a few quid out if it...
Old 26 July 2002, 08:47 PM
sebastian
Scooby Regular

Try watching Last Year At Marienbad. Never mind endings, you won't know whether you are coming or going. My all time favourite film.
Old 26 July 2002, 10:11 PM
Dizzy
Scooby Regular

Arlington Rd
excelent ending

I completly agree.
Old 29 July 2002, 12:18 AM
Ralf
Scooby Regular

Americans only accept happy endings just as they don't accept foreign (synchronized) films. So the biggest film industrie industrie in the world pleases its home market. Couple it with political correctness and you got some pretty boring movies

Ralf