Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Who's going to the pub this week ?

Search this Thread

Old 11 April 2021, 08:45 AM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Location: Api 500+bhp MD321T @91dB Probably SN's longest owner of an Impreza Turbo
Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts
Default Who's going to the pub this week ?

I wont be if the reports of wearing masks in beer gardens is correct. I did enjoy cycling to a pub for a quick pint, but its a low interest event after all this time

Last edited by andy97; 11 April 2021 at 02:53 PM.
Old 11 April 2021, 09:11 AM
ted bass
Scooby Regular

Received 106 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by andy97
I wont be if the reports of wearing masks in beer gardens is correct. I did enjoy cycling to a pub for a quick pint, but its a low interest event after all this time
Same here, not visited my local watering hole since last February and after all this time away im not overly fussed about rushing back any time soon.
Old 11 April 2021, 09:16 AM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Received 495 Likes on 339 Posts

not been the pub for years, hate the pub scene to be fair. would much sooner stop in and have a takeaway with the wife and watch a movie.
the 1st few weeks of the pubs being open will be chaos as people wont be able to control themselves
Old 11 April 2021, 09:19 AM
IdonthaveaScooby
Scooby Regular

Received 131 Likes on 113 Posts

You just got to be sensible havnt you , those measures are for the ones that cant be trusted

you only need look at what happened last summer when the beaches were full of folk who didnt give a s**t

id certainly be up for a pint draught bitter
Old 11 April 2021, 12:21 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Tables are booked for Saturday afternoon, not bothered about starting on the 12th as its a school night 😊
Old 11 April 2021, 01:52 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

If there's no Bathams or Butty Bach on tap, forget it!
Old 12 April 2021, 08:03 AM
Rusti
Scooby Regular

Received 157 Likes on 132 Posts

Love to have a decent pint but as Shrek said its going to be carnage for a couple of weeks until the idiots have had their fill.
Old 12 April 2021, 04:39 PM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

Probably not for a few week. The pipelines either sitting with water or beer I them for a few months or just air, would this not cause mold?

I'll wait until the old stock is gone.
Old 12 April 2021, 05:22 PM
^Qwerty^
Scooby Regular

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by RobsyUK
Probably not for a few week. The pipelines either sitting with water or beer I them for a few months or just air, would this not cause mold?

I'll wait until the old stock is gone.
I would have thought any beer, other than bottled being served in pubs would be fresh, the stuff in barrels just doesn't keep that long. I worked in a pub for 5-6 years, one of my duties was pipe cleaning. The cleaning fluid was only ever pulled through and left in the lines for 30-45 minutes, never to soak over night etc. After using it, I pulled through 2 buckets of water on a hand pull, and a 1.5 buckets on a pressure line, i.e. lager. I was mega paranoid about poisoning anyone, which it would do if any cleaner was left, and AFAIK, I never did. I left water in the function room lines but I always pulled through fresh water once a week, as that could go weeks without being used, depending on the time of year.

The cleaning fluid did splash up in my eye once - resulted in a trip to hospital, it's quite toxic stuff.

So I'd say any half decent pub will have been pulling fresh water through the lines at least once a week whilst they've been closed.
Old 12 April 2021, 06:02 PM
IdonthaveaScooby
Scooby Regular

As far as i can make out this wont make you ill anyway - just dent the taste

last time was badly ill for a solid week , thought might been the beer but it must have been the meal before and /or flu from somone there

temperature /spewing from both ends throughout
Old 12 April 2021, 06:17 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts

Its good to hear someone trying do there job properly

Originally Posted by ^Qwerty^
I would have thought any beer, other than bottled being served in pubs would be fresh, the stuff in barrels just doesn't keep that long. I worked in a pub for 5-6 years, one of my duties was pipe cleaning. The cleaning fluid was only ever pulled through and left in the lines for 30-45 minutes, never to soak over night etc. After using it, I pulled through 2 buckets of water on a hand pull, and a 1.5 buckets on a pressure line, i.e. lager. I was mega paranoid about poisoning anyone, which it would do if any cleaner was left, and AFAIK, I never did. I left water in the function room lines but I always pulled through fresh water once a week, as that could go weeks without being used, depending on the time of year.

The cleaning fluid did splash up in my eye once - resulted in a trip to hospital, it's quite toxic stuff.

So I'd say any half decent pub will have been pulling fresh water through the lines at least once a week whilst they've been closed.
Old 13 April 2021, 07:29 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

10 degrees and sunny for Saturday, that's t shirt weather for sitting in the beer garden
Old 13 April 2021, 11:13 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by IdonthaveaScooby
As far as i can make out this wont make you ill anyway - just dent the taste

last time was badly ill for a solid week , thought might been the beer but it must have been the meal before and /or flu from somone there

temperature /spewing from both ends throughout

Probably Norovirus/Rotovirus

Usually from someone not properly washing their hands and contaminating everything they touch. Followed by poor surface/utensil cleaning practices thereafter.

Got mine from a overnight ferry. Still haven't totally recovered as I can't properly digest fish.

But I can guarantee that regardless of line cleaning, the beer at the Wetherspoons will still be crap. I don't know how they manage it, but even the Carling is even more terrible than it usually is. That, and the dog-breath beer glasses.

Last edited by ALi-B; 13 April 2021 at 11:15 PM.
Old 14 April 2021, 06:40 AM
BMWhere?
Scooby Senior

Received 229 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by ALi-B
Probably Norovirus/Rotovirus

Usually from someone not properly washing their hands and contaminating everything they touch. Followed by poor surface/utensil cleaning practices thereafter.

Got mine from a overnight ferry. Still haven't totally recovered as I can't properly digest fish.

But I can guarantee that regardless of line cleaning, the beer at the Wetherspoons will still be crap. I don't know how they manage it, but even the Carling is even more terrible than it usually is. That, and the dog-breath beer glasses.
I've never liked Wetherspoons pubs, there has always been something about them that doesn't fit with me. Since the Brexit vote though, Tim Martin won't be getting a cent out of me again, so he can serve whatever dodgy beer he wants in his tacky pubs!
Old 14 April 2021, 08:53 AM
IdonthaveaScooby
Scooby Regular

Tosser even put his prices up in anticipation brexit , dont know why anyone would go there
Old 14 April 2021, 10:33 AM
BMWhere?
Scooby Senior

Received 229 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by IdonthaveaScooby
Tosser even put his prices up in anticipation brexit , dont know why anyone would go there
That's because remainers boycotted his pubs and cost him 19% in lost profits!