Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

There is a War on!

Search this Thread

Old 20 March 2020, 11:14 PM
lozgti1
Scooby Regular

Received 71 Likes on 57 Posts
Default There is a War on!

Yep, best of British. Most people been fantastic. And worst of British, lets scavenge the supermarkets.

Just want to say good luck and bless you all next few weeks or so. I really do. Everyone on here and your families, look after yourselves. All of you make me smile. Even the nutters.lol

See you at the other end!
The following 5 users liked this post by lozgti1:
Old 21 March 2020, 09:32 AM
stockcar
Scooby Regular

Received 379 Likes on 301 Posts

yes this last week has shown the immense good and despicable lows of all walks of society...............

hope to see the best of you all soon, and the rest can fester on their isolated toilet roll mountains ......
Old 21 March 2020, 10:42 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Was doing a lot of running around yesterday and whilst sat at a set of red traffic lights I noted a lady in a adjacent house taking delivery of some packages from Dunelm...front door open, I’m a nosey sod......

....Just behind the front door was piles of bog roll and kitchen paper. Yep, that’s a hoarder. But what can you do?
Old 21 March 2020, 11:06 AM
stockcar
Scooby Regular

Received 379 Likes on 301 Posts

throw a bucket of water over it............
The following users liked this post:
Old 21 March 2020, 11:00 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by ALi-B
Was doing a lot of running around yesterday and whilst sat at a set of red traffic lights I noted a lady in a adjacent house taking delivery of some packages from Dunelm...front door open, I’m a nosey sod......

....Just behind the front door was piles of bog roll and kitchen paper. Yep, that’s a hoarder. But what can you do?
Her address please so we can all go round hers for a **** when re run out
Old 22 March 2020, 09:30 PM
TheVoices
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Through the letter box ?
Old 23 March 2020, 12:03 PM
Dr Hu
Scooby Regular

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Saw this on Twitter... it makes perfect sense...

"A small, but significant portion of the public are actively ****** about everything and others are frankly stupid as **** - there's some overlap here. But the bottom line is, if you tell these people not to go out, not to hoard, then they will anyway"

Trending Topics

Old 24 March 2020, 08:16 AM
lozgti1
Scooby Regular

Received 71 Likes on 57 Posts

lol.Spot on
Old 26 March 2020, 04:49 PM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

The funny thing is even my friends call me the c word because I have 10 tins of beans, 24 bog roll, endless soap and hand soap. Piles of pasta and other foods.

They don't understand that I'm from a large family and have a habit of stocking up. The wife hates it but now look.
its paying off
Old 26 March 2020, 05:57 PM
IdonthaveaScooby
Scooby Regular

Received 131 Likes on 113 Posts

Well thats ok, assuming youve stocked up over time
Old 26 March 2020, 08:03 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RobsyUK
The funny thing is even my friends call me the c word because I have 10 tins of beans, 24 bog roll, endless soap and hand soap. Piles of pasta and other foods.

They don't understand that I'm from a large family and have a habit of stocking up. The wife hates it but now look.
its paying off
If you bought it over time then great - if you bought it all at the same time then, yeah, you're a c word - lol

We started stocking up a couple of months before lockdown. It was pretty obvious what was about to happen.
Old 26 March 2020, 10:37 PM
hedgecutter
Scooby Regular

Received 640 Likes on 466 Posts

Torquemada, my mate out there tells me Fort Worth has a totally different policy to Dallas, and there's not alot of coordination. This thing is going to rip through communities even worse without cooperation. Stay safe.
Old 27 March 2020, 12:58 AM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hedgecutter
Torquemada, my mate out there tells me Fort Worth has a totally different policy to Dallas, and there's not alot of coordination. This thing is going to rip through communities even worse without cooperation. Stay safe.
Thanks, fella. It's pretty insane the way there are some communities with leadership that has implemented some decent strategies for lockdowns and such, and then there is just a complete lack of any kind of implementation of public safety strategies in other parts. Texas is one of the worst for doing anything (super late to the game on lockdowns) but at least measures are being put in place here. There are some states where they are literally doing nothing!

My work was well prepared and has us all working from home. Business as usual, we're fortunate but there may still be redundancies or lay-offs as they prefer to call it here.

Apart from walks around the neighborhood with my family and hanging out in the back yard, I have not left the house to go anywhere in 2 weeks. Many others are still co-mingling, it's idiotic. We took more precautions as the wife is preggers and we moved my mother in-law in too, she is providing childcare while the wife and I both work from home - plus it keeps her safe and we can ensure she has everything she needs (she kept going to the shops and is super high risk with high BP, tachycardia and she's 73, but otherwise healthy).

Scary times when the leadership of countries like US and UK seem to be pretty inept at preparedness and reaction to what is a real crisis!

Everyone stay safe out there!