SNP
0%
Green
3.13%
Plaid Cymru
0%
DUP
1.56%
Other (Sinn Fein, Change UK, Independent etc)
4.69%
Not voting
10.94%
Don't Know
4.69%
Spoilt ballot paper
0%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

UK General Election 2019

Search this Thread

Old 09 November 2019, 09:13 AM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
Default UK General Election 2019

Just thought the Brexit/Remain thread was getting entwined with discussions for the GE
So I thought I would start another just for the election news
Old 09 November 2019, 09:53 AM
^Qwerty^
Scooby Regular

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

I live in a Conservative safe seat (David Davis), who appears to do f'all for the area compared to Andrew Percy south of the River who engages with people on a near daily basis. It's about time he went out to pasture and some new young blood was brought in who actually gives a toss.So at the moment I'm on don't know/not voting.
Old 09 November 2019, 10:50 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Added spoilt ballot if you don’t mind: Its counted and means more than not voting.
Old 09 November 2019, 11:19 AM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Good idea.

My Mrs helps with the count for elections and every time they get one spoilt ballot paper where the person writes war and peace as to why they are not voting for any of the above. Same hand writing, so it must be the same person. Nothing abusive or nasty but its funny that they use their time to make such a protest which ultimately goes in the bin.
Old 09 November 2019, 11:23 AM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Its amazing how many people put a tick in the box instead of a 'X'
Or strike through the ones they don't want to vote for
Old 09 November 2019, 06:16 PM
BMWhere?
Scooby Senior

Received 229 Likes on 168 Posts

Unfortunately I have to pick not voting, not because I don't want to vote, but because as an ex pat of more than 15 years, I'm denied a vote even though the Tories promised to reinstate ex pat votes!

If I was voting, it wouldn't be for the Tories, even though they are historically who I used to support. This time I would probably vote tactically in a bid to ensure the Tories lose! Regardless of Brexit, the Tories have fecked up the country for long enough!
Old 10 November 2019, 12:07 AM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

Polls are not looking good for labour. Wouldn't surprise me if cons get a bigger majority this time round.
Old 10 November 2019, 01:53 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by Tidgy
Polls are not looking good for labour. Wouldn't surprise me if cons get a bigger majority this time round.
Hard to guess, I reckon it’ll be pretty close, but with a very low turnout. So the die hard ‘I vote xxx because I always have’ bunch will ensure it’s as always, a two horse race.

Gina Miller is deluded in thinking Lib dems will get any further than the last time they showed any promise (based on promises they broke ). Brexit party...as always FPTP will ensure even if they get more overall votes than Lib-Dem, they’ll probably manage one or two seats.

Last edited by ALi-B; 10 November 2019 at 01:55 PM.
Old 10 November 2019, 05:30 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ALi-B
Hard to guess, I reckon it’ll be pretty close, but with a very low turnout. So the die hard ‘I vote xxx because I always have’ bunch will ensure it’s as always, a two horse race.

Gina Miller is deluded in thinking Lib dems will get any further than the last time they showed any promise (based on promises they broke ). Brexit party...as always FPTP will ensure even if they get more overall votes than Lib-Dem, they’ll probably manage one or two seats.
tbh i think lib dems will do ok, their strong stance on brexit, or canceling it, will pull votes away from the others, expecialy labour and there wishy washy indecsion.
The following users liked this post:
Old 10 November 2019, 05:59 PM
Sad Weevil
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

tbh i think lib dems will do ok, their strong stance on brexit, or canceling it, will pull votes away from the others, expecialy labour and there wishy washy indecsion.
Lib Dems have withdrawn from my constituency under an agreement with the Greens, who poll well here. Our sitting Labour MP has a 36,000 majority (She's a remainer, which is just as well since the constituency was 80% remain in the referendum). Conservatives are nowhere, so it's between Labour and the Green party.
Old 10 November 2019, 06:05 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Sad Weevil
Lib Dems have withdrawn from my constituency under an agreement with the Greens, who poll well here. Our sitting Labour MP has a 36,000 majority (She's a remainer, which is just as well since the constituency was 80% remain in the referendum). Conservatives are nowhere, so it's between Labour and the Green party.
tbh if its that strong to labour i doubt it will change the result, only question is by how much
Old 10 November 2019, 07:41 PM
S10WRC
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone who votes Lib-Lab-Con after the last 3 years deserves to lose their right to vote... to put it politely!

Wake up people
Old 11 November 2019, 10:14 AM
trails
Scooby Regular

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Tory stronghold for me, but they were decimated in the local elections by the Lib Dem’s who now have a majority...will be interesting to see how that swing relates to the GE results.
Old 11 November 2019, 12:25 PM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Location: Api 500+bhp MD321T @91dB Probably SN's longest owner of an Impreza Turbo
Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

Brexit party and Tories join in common aim.

At last, Common sense prevails
Old 11 November 2019, 12:47 PM
BMWhere?
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by andy97

Sounds like the Tories and Farage are running scared they are going to lose! Wonder what promises Boris had to make to get Farage to stand down?
Old 11 November 2019, 12:57 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BMWhere?
Sounds like the Tories and Farage are running scared they are going to lose! Wonder what promises Boris had to make to get Farage to stand down?
please tell me you don't believe that lol

Polls are showing tories ahead on their own, let alone wit brexit party helping out. so i dont think its anything to do with loosing.
Old 11 November 2019, 01:14 PM
BMWhere?
Scooby Senior

please tell me you don't believe that lol

Polls are showing tories ahead on their own, let alone wit brexit party helping out. so i dont think its anything to do with loosing.
If we had PR, then the Tories would be looking good, but with FPTP the polls are useless without the underlying geographic data and election boundaries.

The polls will also narrow as we get closer to the date.

One big part of this election will be the youth vote. The youth could well deliver a big surprise at this election, particularly if the old fogies don't go to vote because its too cold! The Tories will be shatting themselves if it snows
Old 11 November 2019, 01:16 PM
^Qwerty^
Scooby Regular

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Hopefully Labour will get trashed, kick Corbyn out and get someone in who can pull together a party that can offer a credible alternative to the Conservative, which will in turn force them to up their game.
Old 11 November 2019, 01:19 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BMWhere?
If we had PR, then the Tories would be looking good, but with FPTP the polls are useless without the underlying geographic data and election boundaries.

The polls will also narrow as we get closer to the date.

One big part of this election will be the youth vote. The youth could well deliver a big surprise at this election, particularly if the old fogies don't go to vote because its too cold! The Tories will be shatting themselves if it snows
o dont get me wrong, polls are only an indication and can be very wrong, look at brexit.

So it's the only indication we have on where things are at the min.
Old 11 November 2019, 01:20 PM
trails
Scooby Regular

It's not an alliance though is it...isn't it just Farage being pragmatic about what his party can really achieve and a pre-emptive face saving move?
Old 11 November 2019, 02:15 PM
Mr Fuji
Scooby Regular

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

Your wish for Brexit aside, do you honestly think Boris or Nigel are capable of any common sense?
Old 11 November 2019, 02:41 PM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Location: Api 500+bhp MD321T @91dB Probably SN's longest owner of an Impreza Turbo
Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

You or I dont know what agreement, hand shake has been done.
Old 11 November 2019, 03:46 PM
trails
Scooby Regular

You or I dont know what agreement, hand shake has been done.
Totally agree Andy...in truth we all know very little about what goes on and who has agreed what, it's all just guess work; spectators the lot of us.

Last edited by trails; 11 November 2019 at 03:54 PM.
Old 11 November 2019, 10:16 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Shrewd move by Farage...in full knowledge that FPTP prevents his party of ever getting anywhere this is a good strategy (for a brexiteer) to block Lib and Labour without diluting seats that would already be pushing to leave the EU

As I live in areas that are Labour strongholds yet mainly voted to leave the EU, this is a tempting carrot for these areas and also an amusing reply to little wee Krankie’s SNP-Lab/Lib coalition.

Last edited by ALi-B; 11 November 2019 at 10:17 PM.
Old 11 November 2019, 10:19 PM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

I'm not voting. Conservative keep saying we are leaving on x date and haven't delivered.
Labour and lib dems both want remain so they are crossed off too.
Old 11 November 2019, 11:07 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Conservatives cannot deliver because of the lack of seats to command a majority (Hence pandering to the DUP...seems the media have entirely forgotten this parliaments is a coalition government). That and some rebel MPs of which are gradually being weeded out; Something Boris has been better at than May.
Old 12 November 2019, 08:27 AM
RS_Matt
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

I have to pay huge EU import taxes weekly so I'll probably vote Brexit Party. Though if people are 50/50 on Cons or Brexit Party then this split vote will keep the abhorrent Anti-Semitic Party in local government.
Old 12 November 2019, 08:52 AM
BMWhere?
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by RS_Matt
I have to pay huge EU import taxes weekly so I'll probably vote Brexit Party. Though if people are 50/50 on Cons or Brexit Party then this split vote will keep the abhorrent Anti-Semitic Party in local government.
You are probably the only person in the UK paying taxes on imports from the EU! Or did you mean YOU WANT to pay huge EU import taxes so you'll vote for Brexit party!

Also, this isn't a local government election, so you're local government isn't going to change, only possibly your local MP!
Old 13 November 2019, 10:22 AM
mrtheedge2u2
Scooby Regular

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by RS_Matt
I have to pay huge EU import taxes weekly so I'll probably vote Brexit Party. .
Then you are doing it wrong.

I voted Lib Dems in this poll but as I think it will come down to tactical voting I will look at the anti-Brexit sites that track the tactical vote and may change to whichever vote will bring the largest likelihood stopping Brexit.
Old 13 November 2019, 03:08 PM
Henrik
Scooby Regular

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

I will be voting LibDem, but I'm in a 20k+ Tory majority seat, so my vote will go uncounted.

The UK _really_ needs electoral reform. It's ridiculous that any vote for a smaller party is completely ignored, because of the voting system.

For example, it's bonkers that th 20% or so of Brexit Party supporters will be mostly ignored, or the 15% that vote for the Lib Dems etc (or indeed Greens). A proportional representation system would be _much_ fairer and probably make people feel more like their opinion mattered.

Quick Reply: UK General Election 2019