Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

E cig choice help please

Search this Thread

Old 14 October 2016, 03:37 PM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Received 131 Likes on 101 Posts
Default E cig choice help please

Hi all I smoke a fair few **** and would like to stop and jump on the e cig wagon but don't have a clue on which is good cheap or ****e all opinions and help will be appreciated I smoke about 4/5 **** a day which I know I can put a stop to with e-cigs but no clue which is best to buy

Any pics would be great to
Old 14 October 2016, 04:46 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

https://www.scoobynet.com/1001179-va...rettes-50.html
Old 14 October 2016, 04:50 PM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Have a read through this if you have a spare couple of days mate lol
https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby...igarettes.html

The starter kits are a bit different and better to when I first started Vaping,but I would go for one of those,don't go straight for a sub ohm setup,when on the bigger mods and tanks you will need to lung hit,with the smaller starter kit it's easier to do mouth to lung as you would with a cig.
If it gets you off the dirty **** mate then good on you pal
Old 14 October 2016, 05:04 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Either stop or don't, do it cold turkey.
Ecigs aren't gonna make you stop although they are safer
Old 14 October 2016, 05:09 PM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ossett2k2
Have a read through this if you have a spare couple of days mate lol
https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby...igarettes.html

The starter kits are a bit different and better to when I first started Vaping,but I would go for one of those,don't go straight for a sub ohm setup,when on the bigger mods and tanks you will need to lung hit,with the smaller starter kit it's easier to do mouth to lung as you would with a cig.
If it gets you off the dirty **** mate then good on you pal
We have a "totally wicked" shop locally but didn't want my pants taken down as you know I'll be like a little kid, being offered what I don't need thx bro

Nice one bro for the advice just want simple advice or opinions and the all important pics of your own please!! it's got to look pretty sick too
Old 14 October 2016, 05:21 PM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

My cloud chucker.
It's getting on a bit now but has served me well
Old 14 October 2016, 06:24 PM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

My cloud chucker.
It's getting on a bit now but has served me well
Now something like that would suit me fine I'd buzz off it keep my mind off the **** and before I know it I'll just be on Nicolette free thingie thx bro that's a sick one I'm getting same 2moz
Old 14 October 2016, 06:41 PM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Jumping straight in at the sub ohm end mate!
Take it easy on the nicotine strength if you do.
There are loads better set ups than mine tbh
The uwell crown tank is probably one of the best but the mod is old and mahoosive haha
Old 14 October 2016, 06:44 PM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Jumping straight in at the sub ohm end mate!
Take it easy on the nicotine strength if you do.
There are loads better set ups than mine tbh
The uwell crown tank is probably one of the best but the mod is old and mahoosive haha
Apparently they ask you how many **** you smoke a day at this shop so they'll sort the nicorette part out hopefull, u never know bro we might get dome more pics on the thread showing some more
Old 14 October 2016, 09:31 PM
Rob_Impreza99
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Personally i'd stay away from Kanger stuff, the coils are hit and miss, one may last you a couple of weeks where as another from the same pack my last a day or two or less if your really unlucky. The Kanger tanks in my experience have given the most leaking issues and i've tried a few.

I'm currently using a Wismec Reuleaux RX2/3 mod which you can buy for around £40 - £45 if you shop around, i've got that paired with a Uwell Crown tank which is an excellent tank.

A lot on here make their own fluid, if you don't want to make your own fluid like me and just want pre bought stuff for convenience then take a look at Sleekit Juice

http://www.sleekitjuice.co.uk/

You can buy 100ml for just £15 plus the postage which isn't a lot, that's great value when you compare how much 100ml will cost on other websites and the flavours from sleekit are very good given the price point.

I seen you mention Totally Wicked before, i wouldn't buy their e-fluid, it leaves a horrible chemical taste in your mouth, i used to use their Red Label which overpriced and is terrible when you compare it to other juices out there.

If you go down the mod route you'll need batteries and an equivalent charger, most use 18650 batteries, the Samsung INR 18650 30Q are good batteries.

Last edited by Rob_Impreza99; 14 October 2016 at 09:35 PM.
Old 15 October 2016, 02:29 PM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Rob_Impreza99
Personally i'd stay away from Kanger stuff, the coils are hit and miss, one may last you a couple of weeks where as another from the same pack my last a day or two or less if your really unlucky. The Kanger tanks in my experience have given the most leaking issues and i've tried a few.

I'm currently using a Wismec Reuleaux RX2/3 mod which you can buy for around £40 - £45 if you shop around, i've got that paired with a Uwell Crown tank which is an excellent tank.

A lot on here make their own fluid, if you don't want to make your own fluid like me and just want pre bought stuff for convenience then take a look at Sleekit Juice

http://www.sleekitjuice.co.uk/

You can buy 100ml for just £15 plus the postage which isn't a lot, that's great value when you compare how much 100ml will cost on other websites and the flavours from sleekit are very good given the price point.

I seen you mention Totally Wicked before, i wouldn't buy their e-fluid, it leaves a horrible chemical taste in your mouth, i used to use their Red Label which overpriced and is terrible when you compare it to other juices out there.

If you go down the mod route you'll need batteries and an equivalent charger, most use 18650 batteries, the Samsung INR 18650 30Q are good batteries.
Thx for the advice pal all taken in.. it seems I'm gna have to do some more digging
Old 15 October 2016, 02:35 PM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs
I hate the *** smell in the scoob or anywhere to be honest and your right but this ecig malarkey will gimme sumat to hold and puff instead bro keep me occupied if you will wen I'm stressed must be better than **** and I'm ready to take the plunge

I was an alcoholic stopped in a breath when my girl caught meningitis cold turkey!! My kids made me stronger but the **** are more of a social malarkey which I will now replace with a cool looking e cig bro
Old 16 October 2016, 08:18 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It's horses for courses, I personally swear by my Kanger Subox mini, had it almost a year now with no issues what so ever, but I do make my own coils, which is one of the reasons I went for it as it comes with everything you need to do that in the box, I think there were a lot of fakes about and some of the thinner juices can cause leaking problems in quite a few sub-ohm tanks from what I've read.
I also make my own juice for the most part, partly because of the price difference but also because I like to be as sure as possible about what it is I'm actually smoking and again the price difference is ridiculous, bought juice is way over priced imo.

I'd say as with most things, stick to the well known brands and buy from a reputable source, any of the top brands kit is going to be decent, I like to buy mods and tanks from a shop, sure you can save a few pennies buying on line but you don't get to be all touchy feely with it or inspect quality over the net, also I find if there are any problems theres nothing quite like being in the shop face to face in front of other people to get a good outcome, no one wants a complaining / un-satisfied customer in their shop on a saturday morning .

Look for something that has options on airflow as in the beginning you'll want a tight draw which is more like a normal cigarette and later on you'll like most probably prefer more air and big clouds, versatile and not too bulky would be my advice.

Flavour wise, I'd say try a few small 10ml ones to see what takes your fancy, I didn't like sweet stuff or menthol in the beginning but love it now as it gives me the kind of hit I like with a nice taste, cherry menthols being a firm favourite along with custard and vanilla / candy flossy type stuff, water mellon is also a good one too.

Do some research and don't rush in.
Old 16 October 2016, 08:32 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Some people like me actually enjoy smoking, we're not all victims, I have stopped a few times over the years and never have a problem quitting, but don't see the reason why I shouldn't do something I enjoy beyond the obvious health risks associated with the chemicals put into tobacco and the tar on ones lungs.

E-cigs give people like me the opportunity to enjoy smoking with a considerably lower level of risk to health.

Not a dig btw as I know we have our fall outs from time to time, just a conversation.
Old 16 October 2016, 10:35 AM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Superb advice thankyou all your opinions and advice are appreciated and taken in

ERE AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO LIKES PICTURES TO MAKE A THREAD INTRESTING?? Come on ladies and gentleman let's have your pics of your own e-cig please
Old 16 October 2016, 11:19 AM
joe v3sti
Scooby Regular

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

E cig picture thread,
Jesus Christ what has this forum come to
Old 16 October 2016, 11:52 AM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ditchmyster
Some people like me actually enjoy smoking, we're not all victims, I have stopped a few times over the years and never have a problem quitting, but don't see the reason why I shouldn't do something I enjoy beyond the obvious health risks associated with the chemicals put into tobacco and the tar on ones lungs.

E-cigs give people like me the opportunity to enjoy smoking with a considerably lower level of risk to health.

Not a dig btw as I know we have our fall outs from time to time, just a conversation.
I was speaking to someone other day and asked what's the reason you've gone to ecigs, their reply was that it's better and healthier to use these instead of cigs around their kids and home, not necessarily to quit smoking.
That was a fair answer IMO.
I just don't get it when people choose these to try and quit smoking as 9/10 it's the same habit.

I hadn't fallen out with you, it's just that 1 time you went for me like you do to others, I was just having a conversation
Old 16 October 2016, 12:00 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by ZANY
Superb advice thankyou all your opinions and advice are appreciated and taken in

ERE AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO LIKES PICTURES TO MAKE A THREAD INTRESTING?? Come on ladies and gentleman let's have your pics of your own e-cig please
Check the other thread.
Old 16 October 2016, 12:00 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

I was speaking to someone other day and asked what's the reason you've gone to ecigs, their reply was that it's better and healthier to use these instead of cigs around their kids and home, not necessarily to quit smoking.
I just don't get it when people choose these to try and quit smoking as 9/10 it's the same habit.

I hadn't fallen out with you, it's just that 1 time you went for me like you do to others, I was just having a conversation
My answer is I want to live longer and that's hard to argue against.
Old 16 October 2016, 12:13 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

I'm very proud of the fact that I have never "gone for" or attacked anyone in my entire life, but I have on many occasions defended myself and will continue to do so.

Look at my post history, you'll discover I have never started it, but when I do go, I go in hard.
Old 16 October 2016, 12:13 PM
joe v3sti
Scooby Regular

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

I think valing is a fashion more than anything else. God knows why, I don't see the attraction to sucking on something the size of an iPhone and bellowing out cloud of smoke.
You see these young kids doing it these days, the same young kids that would usually take up smoking have taken up vaping
Old 16 October 2016, 12:20 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JackClark
My answer is I want to live longer and that's hard to argue against.
Also a fair answer, but also they are not regulated enough to be safe, yes there was a study claiming they are safer than cigs, but there's that many brands out there and copying companies joining in, impossible to regulate them in the long term effects.
Although cigs are no better.

Originally Posted by ditchmyster
I'm very proud of the fact that I have never "gone for" or attacked anyone in my entire life, but I have on many occasions defended myself and will continue to do so.

Look at my post history, you'll discover I have never started it, but when I do go, I go in hard.
Personality clashes.
Old 16 October 2016, 12:24 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Anyhow, back on topic.

I have an "I just 2" by E-leaf which isn't amazing but it's a decent cheap starting point to see if you get on with the idea of vaping, it's cool and sexy looking 'Pen type' E-cig and has a sub-ohm tank.

Battery is not fantastic for all day 30 a day type smokers but it's plenty for what you smoke, I use it now and then when i'm out and about as it's easy and discrete for when I fancy a quick toke or when my little lad is about (I don't let him see me smoking as I don't want to encourage him) or some social situations where I don't want to be hanging about with cig smokers getting all stinky.
Old 16 October 2016, 12:31 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Also a fair answer, but also they are not regulated enough to be safe, yes there was a study claiming they are safer than cigs, but there's that many brands out there and copying companies joining in, impossible to regulate them in the long term effects.
Although cigs are no better.
The study was carried out by the National Health so I think it has some credence, it's also when I started using an e-cig, and part of what you say about regulation is why I make as much of my own stuff as possible, coils, cotton, and juice, too many unscrupulous types about that only care about making money for my liking.

That said, things have come a long way since the early days of e-cigs.
Old 16 October 2016, 12:32 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I gave up because I found addiction to be dehumanising. I recognise that vaping is less bad, but wouldn't you chaps like to kick the nicotine habit?
Old 16 October 2016, 12:37 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JTaylor
I gave up because I found addiction to be dehumanising. I recognise that vaping is less bad, but wouldn't you chaps like to kick the nicotine habit?
I don't use nicotine anymore in the stuff I make myself, which is 99% of what I smoke, I have a couple of mates out here that vape and I sometimes have a bit of juice off them and they have some of mine, also every so often get some shop juice off a local producer that has nicotine in it, but you can also buy zero nic e-liquid, so we're not all smoke crazed nic heads.
Old 16 October 2016, 12:56 PM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by joe v3sti
E cig picture thread,
NSR it's been on the forums for a while now pal

I think valing is a fashion more than anything else. God knows why, I don't see the attraction to sucking on something the size of an iPhone and bellowing out cloud of smoke.
You see these young kids doing it these days, the same young kids that would usually take up smoking have taken up vaping
Fashion? Clearly a statement from a non smoker!

Originally Posted by JTaylor
I could kick the nic habit but it's something I enjoy,much like many enjoy a glass or two of wine on an evening to unwind.
I don't see it as an addiction as I can function without it and it doesn't effect my life if I don't have it.
Old 16 October 2016, 01:39 PM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

E cig picture thread,
looks like you need more than a cig to chill me old son

I think our Jesus Christ may peace be upon his soul would have liked some pics as it makes a thread more interesting
Old 16 October 2016, 02:01 PM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

This is how mine look when new,paint started peeling so I stripped it.
My advice would be avoid painted mods.

Apologies for the poor quality pics
Old 16 October 2016, 03:31 PM
ZANY
Scooby Regular