Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Road rage of the lowest form

Search this Thread

Old 06 May 2016, 05:52 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Road rage of the lowest form

On the way back from work today on a narrow B road hill, I met some roadworks that caused the traffic queues from both sides. Now when the other side was given a 'get set-go', a noisy ambulance on some life saving emergency call came bolting up the hill from our halted side, which made the oncoming vehicles as well as us stagnant lot to squeeze in. Ambulance still had to be very careful due to the narrow nature of that rural road, so it didn't exactly bomb past us. A foul-tempered man parallel to me from the other side started to eff and blind to the ambulance and said so loudly to the ambulance driver - "COME ON, YOU P*ICK! ". I thought it was bang out of order on that chav's part. I felt like getting out and smacking him one but I wouldn't do that. I'm not a chav like him. Honestly, some people are so evil and utter disgraceful, aren't they?

Have you ever come across such road raging twohats with no patience and no regard for other people; not even toward some dying person who could be needing emergency medical treatment, but just selfish attitude to their own convenience?
Old 06 May 2016, 06:02 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

plenty of ***** out there, you just came across one
Old 06 May 2016, 06:17 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tidgy
plenty of ***** out there, you just came across one
Sure, I can believe that. I had a taxi man behind me the other day who beeped me because I decently let someone out from the side lane into a slow moving traffic. Then at some point the impatient beeper took me over; doing at least 60 in 40mph. Fortunately, an unexpected speed camera van was parked up on the other side, which would have deffo clocked the idiot. Would serve him right.

Still, nowhere as bad and even comparable to swearing at the emergency call driver.
Old 06 May 2016, 06:27 PM
lunar tick
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hopefully, **** in question will die on a pavement somewhere because another ignorant **** (just like him) decided to impede the attending ambulance
Old 06 May 2016, 06:38 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

probably owner of a small appendage
Old 06 May 2016, 08:54 PM
Karen Whitelegg
Scooby Newbie

I work in the ambulance service on the front line and I am sad to say incidents of abuse from other drivers to us is an all too often occurrence. I just smile sweetly and wave thank you to them, hoping that they never need our help. I have had one driver deliberately prevent me from overtaking. If people move over for us we are always grateful even though we hardly get the chance to indicate with hazards to tell you, its a little hard while controlling a 5 1/2 tonne wagon at speed trying to keep tyres on the road. I have even had somebody knock on a front door of a patient asking me to move the wagon while we were extensively treating somebody.
Old 06 May 2016, 08:58 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Karen Whitelegg
I work in the ambulance service on the front line and I am sad to say incidents of abuse from other drivers to us is an all too often occurrence. I just smile sweetly and wave thank you to them, hoping that they never need our help. I have had one driver deliberately prevent me from overtaking. If people move over for us we are always grateful even though we hardly get the chance to indicate with hazards to tell you, its a little hard while controlling a 5 1/2 tonne wagon at speed trying to keep tyres on the road. I have even had somebody knock on a front door of a patient asking me to move the wagon while we were extensively treating somebody.
Welcome in, Karen. Good to have another female on board.

Appalling, isn't it? I think the emergency service guys and gals work very hard with passion and that's not the way they should be treated.
Old 06 May 2016, 09:04 PM
Karen Whitelegg
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Turbohot
Welcome in, Karen. Good to have another female on board.

Appalling, isn't it? I think the emergency service guys and gals work very hard with passion and that's not the way they should be treated.

Hiya Turbohot if only some people thought the same as you. Thankfully the ones who cause grief are few and far between. Most people are very happy to see us. And if people do go too far we always have a quick response from the boys and girls in blue to come to the rescue.
Old 07 May 2016, 06:35 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Karen Whitelegg
Hiya Turbohot if only some people thought the same as you. Thankfully the ones who cause grief are few and far between. Most people are very happy to see us. And if people do go too far we always have a quick response from the boys and girls in blue to come to the rescue.

When my dad was having a heart attack my then neighbour asked them to move up slightly so he could get his car out

I've the utmost respect for paramedics, absolutely saved his life and some of the sights you must see

Keep up the good work.
Old 07 May 2016, 07:39 AM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by pimmo2000
When my dad was having a heart attack my then neighbour asked them to move up slightly so he could get his car out

I've the utmost respect for paramedics, absolutely saved his life and some of the sights you must see

Keep up the good work.
What a total ***

I honestly don't think some people can help it

Hope your dad was ok
Old 07 May 2016, 07:43 AM
wrx300scooby
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey Swati, the **** wasn't driving a car of German origin was he?
Old 07 May 2016, 07:54 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2
What a total ***

I honestly don't think some people can help it

Hope your dad was ok
He was, they gave him an injection to clear the blockage and it literally saved his life.

They didn't move the ambulance either.
Old 07 May 2016, 08:36 AM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Oh, that's good

I called 999 for my Nan when she had a stroke - back in 1984

The ambulance crew that attended were simply amazing, to the point that in my naïveté I thought they must have known her, they were so friendly and reassuring
Old 07 May 2016, 09:21 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wrx300scooby
Hey Swati, the **** wasn't driving a car of German origin was he?

Good morning, wrx300scooby. I hardly notice people's car makes/models but I think it was of a gold colour and it looked like some old battered French saloon tbh. He was about 30-something selfish bellend with no respect for himself, hence the foul attitude with no consideration to the helping service on the road. So, no not a German car owner, that one.
Old 07 May 2016, 10:44 AM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

I was in a slightly similar situation around a week ago. First in the queue at a traffic-light controlled junction on a bend, and heard sirens a few seconds before the lights eventually turned green. I looked around to see if I could spot the emergency vehicle and just saw the blue lights from either a police or paramedic car heading toward the junction on the approach lane to my left, which would be giving way to mine once the lights changed. Not being completely and utterly thick, I stopped where I was when my light did turn green, so I wouldn't get in the vehicle's way, only to be hooted at by some muppet queuing in my lane a few cars behind me, who obviously had far more important business to attend to than the life-threatening emergency the cops or medics were trying to deal with
Old 07 May 2016, 10:52 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by markjmd
I was in a slightly similar situation around a week ago. First in the queue at a traffic-light controlled junction on a bend, and heard sirens a few seconds before the lights eventually turned green. I looked around to see if I could spot the emergency vehicle and just saw the blue lights from either a police or paramedic car heading toward the junction on the approach lane to my left, which would be giving way to mine once the lights changed. Not being completely and utterly thick, I stopped where I was when my light did turn green, so I wouldn't get in the vehicle's way, only to be hooted at by some muppet queuing in my lane a few cars behind me, who obviously had far more important business to attend to than the life-threatening emergency the cops or medics were trying to deal with
Idiots, aren't they? Some people just don't have the road manners and consideration for anything else but their selfish selves.

After collecting ample points for oblivious speeding, I've become very vigilant and have been driving within speed limits for a while, now. But what I'm noticing is that people behind me get fed up with my obedient stance to the speed limits and frustratingly beep at me, then take me over like a dart; even on some complex narrow twisties of our North Wales. Very stupid and dangerous.
Old 07 May 2016, 11:35 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

It's amazing number cars that don't yield to ambulances . I think some people must actually lost use their senses . Iv seen some where the ambulance has virtually nudge them out the way

Last edited by dpb; 07 May 2016 at 11:38 AM.
Old 07 May 2016, 11:37 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

The actual willful disobeyers don't need an ambulance to act like ***t either
Old 07 May 2016, 12:04 PM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Anyone remember this tragic accident? (Ironically caused by an impatient car driver cutting up the army transport. ) . . .

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/l...re/2980640.stm

. . . Apparently someone at work knew someone who was in a car with some bloke needing to get to an airport. Apparently, the driver was effing and blinding because he was going to miss his flight. He allegedly bellowed something along the sentiments of, "Christ, I ain't got time for this ****! I'm gonna miss my bloody flight now!!"

Quite unbelievable.

So yep, utter bellends everywhere.

Last edited by joz8968; 07 May 2016 at 12:18 PM.
Old 07 May 2016, 12:11 PM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

I positively flagellate myself if I fail to get out of the way of emergency service vehicles in good time (sometimes you fail to immediately ascertain their direction, due to the UK not using white or pink noise in the sirens).

I take pride in making way for them - I have nothing but the utmost of respect.

Last edited by joz8968; 07 May 2016 at 12:17 PM.
Old 07 May 2016, 12:14 PM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

. . . The flipside to that, is when you see cars all but driving into kerbs and ditches in their overzealous, almost 'suicidal', attempts to make way!

Last edited by joz8968; 07 May 2016 at 12:21 PM.
Old 07 May 2016, 02:21 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by joz8968
. . . The flipside to that, is when you see cars all but driving into kerbs and ditches in their overzealous, almost 'suicidal', attempts to make way!
Lol, only surpassed by the n0bs that tailgate the Ambulances as they bob and weave, hoping to get a tow through the traffic

But totally agree, I often spot them in my mirror before the cars behind, when I slow down and move left they all try and overtake
Old 07 May 2016, 03:20 PM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

Lol, only surpassed by the n0bs that tailgate the Ambulances as they bob and weave, hoping to get a tow through the traffic
When I lived darn sarf, my neighbour was a paramedic. Some of the ambulances he drove/rode in were quite torquey turbo diesels (esp. given their weight) and they would take great delight in beating ***** (in modest powered cars) trying to get in front when at traffic lights, etc.

But totally agree, I often spot them in my mirror before the cars behind, when I slow down and move left they all try and overtake
Totally.

Last edited by joz8968; 07 May 2016 at 03:22 PM.
Old 07 May 2016, 09:03 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by joz8968
Haha good shout, I see that too! I think some get very anxious with the thought of getting crushed by the 'hooting out loud' emergency response vehicle hence all over the shop during their respectful action.
Old 07 May 2016, 10:06 PM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

Totally.

Of course, it's very well-meaning.

Bit also stupid and therefore very amusing, as well.

lol

Last edited by joz8968; 07 May 2016 at 10:08 PM.
Old 08 May 2016, 02:45 PM
steve05wrx
Scooby Regular

Hi,
My father used to drive a fire engine and it was the co-driver who controlled the two tones.
On one occasion a senior officer was riding shotgun and he applied the two tones just as my father was catching up behind a slow moving car and they immediately braked when they heard the sirens - nearly causing him to rear end them at high speed!
He managed to overtake the car and avoid the collision - he said the senior officer went very white and apologized for nearly causing a big crash!
Luckily the majority of times he and the co-driver communicated well and knew when was the correct time to use the horns.
Cheers
Steve
Old 09 May 2016, 09:34 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I once have the unfortunate experience of being in the back of an ambulance on an emergency run to hospital when my wife needed medical care.
They certainly don't hang about, but you see some serious stupidity with the traffic
Old 09 May 2016, 11:13 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by steve05wrx
Hi,
My father used to drive a fire engine and it was the co-driver who controlled the two tones.
On one occasion a senior officer was riding shotgun and he applied the two tones just as my father was catching up behind a slow moving car and they immediately braked when they heard the sirens - nearly causing him to rear end them at high speed!
He managed to overtake the car and avoid the collision - he said the senior officer went very white and apologized for nearly causing a big crash!
Luckily the majority of times he and the co-driver communicated well and knew when was the correct time to use the horns.
Cheers
Steve
Hm I can imagine why the 'freeze' response from the car, to the sudden two toning from the emergency response vehicle. I'm glad that the senior officer apologised as some other emergency response services are so arrogant that they'd still fight tooth and nail to defend their poor action/judgement. Yes, by 'some', I'm talking Police here.

I have no knowledge of such incidence when a police car on pursuit nearly ran another car over but the defiant public image they've built for themselves over the years makes me imagine such non-apologetic stance from them.