Notices
Wanted Tell us what you're looking for and someone here is very likely to be able to help you find it.

WANTED - Turbo back ss exhaust for 07 Forester 2.5 XTEN / Newage Impreza

Search this Thread

Old 06 May 2016, 12:14 AM
Scams
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WANTED - Turbo back ss exhaust for 07 Forester 2.5 XTEN / Newage Impreza

Hi all,

I'm a newbie to this site (or any other Subaru forum for that matter) and am looking for an exhaust for my '07 Forester 2.5 XTEN after splitting the seam along the middle box.

Hopefully a nice used and cheap full system will turn up!

I know about the usual Hayward Scott, etc. but don't really fancy splashing out almost £1000 on this, or getting a system custom made unless I really have to - in which case I shall be back asking for advice on where to go for a quiet system.

If it was even possible to be choosey, I suppose my ideal system would be all stainless as follows:
3" Bellmouth Downpipe with 200 cell sports cat, legal for MOT.
Mid section and rear in 2.5" and not loud, as I still need to ferry the kids and use the handsfree on the motorway, otherwise I am under instructions that it shall have to go and we can't have that..

I believe a newage Impreza downpipe will fit, so I could take an Impreza system and get the mid section modified/lengthened.. but I'm not 100% sure what needs to be done. Has anyone carried this out before or is there a write-up?

I'm really trying to get to the 300 club on a very tight budget, so any help with contacts that may have all the right 2nd hand bits (VF turbo, Sti TMIC, etc.) kicking around for the right price to do so, and can fit them, would be really amazing.

I'm based in Hertfordshire but happy to travel about.

Phew.. sorry that was a bit long.. and hello!
Cheers!