Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Seting up internet radio on AV Amp advice needed

Search this Thread

Old 06 May 2016, 12:32 AM
Adrian F
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seting up internet radio on AV Amp advice needed

I have a Denon AVR 3312 and i now want to set up internet radio but i cant get it to work and the instructions are worse than useless, i have the amp connected to my virgin media routa via wifi bridge and i have managed previously to stream photos from a PC on the same wifi network but i cant access the internet including i have failed with checking for updates from denon

any help?

Thanks
Old 06 May 2016, 01:55 PM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

What are you calling a wifi bridge here? In my experience, that's usually a setup where two APs or routers are linked together, not something you'd use just to connect a single-node device to a router.
Old 07 May 2016, 12:13 AM
mart360
Scooby Regular

I have a Yamaha RxV-679

You need to set up in the amps menus your Ip address and gateway

Usually on the lines of

192.168.xxx.xxx IP of amp

and 192.168 .xxx.xxx IP of router (this is often called the default gateway )

You may need to spwcify DNS servers too

Just use 8.8.8.8 & 4.4.4.4 if your able to

If you can, i would set the amps IP by accessing your router, and making the amps IP fixed.

All my stuff on my network has a fixed IP, makes identifying stuff so much easier

Net radio is great, my nipper likes dubstep radio, and i like the movies soundtrack and video games stations

Mart

Net radio is
Old 08 June 2016, 11:52 PM
Adrian F
Scooby Regular

The bridge is

http://www.trendnet.com/support/supp...=270_TEW-640MB

i have solved the issue by using a 10 metre ethernet lead from down stairs to upstairs and it worked sadly i cant easily run the lead in with out blocking stairs etc but now i know it the bridge that isnt working for this although it works for the bluray play etc and for Bbc i Player so i dont know why it works for some items but not others any suggestions ??
Old 12 June 2016, 09:41 AM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

Interesting. The company's product description seems to suggest this piece of kit may do a bit more than just blindly forward packets from A to B, but the manual doesn't go into enough detail to say for sure. There are also no hints in the manual on how to take logs, which would have been useful. Without those, the next-best option for fixing the problem will probably be a bit of trial and error playing around with the setup - if your amp was using DHCP before, try switching to fixed IP and see if that helps, or vice-versa. If that makes no difference, try the same swithing around routine on the bridge itself. Another question, is there a phone/tablet app available for your amp, and does that app actually work when the amp's connected with the bridge?