Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

paypal help please

Search this Thread

Old 04 November 2015, 04:17 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Received 495 Likes on 339 Posts
Default paypal help please

i have sold some items on here to a member (i wont name who) and i have proof of postage from the post office.

as some may know i work away from home sometimes and i have just returned to find a message on here calling me a scammer as they havent recieved the item

i sent the item about 3 weeks ago so its obviously a royal mail ****-up

i logged into my paypal to find that there is a claim against me for the amount paid (its not alot-less than £20)

as i have proof of postage am i safe from the buyer getting the money from me as my part of the deal was done?

as many of you know and have bought stuff from me and sold to me-i am not a scammer,im as honest as the day is long and i do not take kindly to being called a scammer,if i was going to scam somebody i would make it more than that poxy amount.

i have been to the post office where i sent it from and the guy says the buyer needs to fill in a lost item form. what do i do with the proof of postage? im reluctant to send it to anybody incase that gets lost aswell

usually in a case like this i would have gone out my way to sort it and i probably would have gave an instant refund and claimed it back from royal mail myself but as im a "scammer" i wont be doing that

cheers
Old 04 November 2015, 04:33 PM
Sarg400
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I always sell stuff I do signed for only, proof of postage is not worth **** only that you sent something.

Refund his money and claim off the post office mate which is a ballache sometimes.
Old 04 November 2015, 04:35 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Sarg400
When I always sell stuff I do signed for only, proof of postage is not worth **** only that you sent something.

Refund his money and claim off the post office mate which is a ballache sometimes.
i usually do the signed for but due to the low value i didnt bother-i had faith it would get there....................
Old 04 November 2015, 04:40 PM
Sarg400
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It probably did get there mate
Old 04 November 2015, 04:44 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Sarg400
It probably did get there mate
maybe......maybe not

im not going to start throwing accusations around................im a scammer remember

Old 04 November 2015, 05:38 PM
t1gger
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have sold items before ,then I'm sure they will soon post up that they was happy with you.you have posted it like you say .its not your fault what happened once the post office got it
Old 04 November 2015, 08:01 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

I sent an item to my mate for free and he didn't get it till 3 months later. I did send it via 2nd class post though.
Royal fail can be crap at times hence I stay away unless very small item and low value.
If small and important, I'll send recorded or special delivery. Every time I've sent recorded it gets there within 48hr and special gets there in 24hrs without fail.
Old 04 November 2015, 08:35 PM
jonnyboy82
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Tbh, for the sake of a score you might aswell just refund and put this one down to a loss. But next time use a decent courier. I always use DPD and they are bang on.
Old 04 November 2015, 09:28 PM
b3nmw
Scooby Regular

I hate sending things out, it should be straight forward, but isn't
Old 04 November 2015, 09:40 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by b3nmw
I hate sending things out, it should be straight forward, but isn't
Yep, I don't think I will bother again unless I know the person.

Funny how I'm being called a scammer yet I have 20 positive feedback on here.........

Perhaps people like being scammed
Old 04 November 2015, 09:46 PM
scubbay
Scooby Regular

a slight miscalculation in size or weight can hold a package up for a month If that is the case it will be returned to you eventually. For the sake of another £1.10 its worth sending recorded. I've had it happen to me both ways and no-one is a winner.(mostly)
Old 04 November 2015, 09:55 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scubbay
a slight miscalculation in size or weight can hold a package up for a month If that is the case it will be returned to you eventually. For the sake of another £1.10 its worth sending recorded. I've had it happen to me both ways and no-one is a winner.(mostly)
The item was weighed at the post office so there was no mis-calculation buddy
Old 04 November 2015, 10:03 PM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

Worst case scenario, you claim the value of the 'lost' item back from the Post Office. Proof of postage covers you up to around £35, I believe.
Old 20 November 2015, 07:28 AM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Well I've provided proof of postage to the buyer through PayPal and on here and I've heard nothing. Not even a thankyou or a "I'm sorry for calling you a scammer" .....

****ing spineless ****

How long do these things usually take to get sorted?
Old 20 November 2015, 07:39 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Paypal are normally quick.

I reckon you offer to meet the chap, being that you're small retiring and nonthreatening looking guy, it should work out well
Old 20 November 2015, 08:01 AM
hedgecutter
Scooby Regular

Received 640 Likes on 466 Posts

Originally Posted by pimmo2000
Paypal are normally quick.

I reckon you offer to meet the chap, being that you're small retiring and nonthreatening looking guy, it should work out well
I`ve only seen a pic of the OP once, but that would be enough for me to not call him ANY names whatsoever; he also comes across as a honest SN member.....not just saying that!
I`ve just sent my 1st ever sale out on SN to a new member with just 2 posts at the time, took a chance, and now waiting for confirmation that he is happy; he got it yesterday, said he would confirm he`d got it, heard nothing so far!
Old 20 November 2015, 08:35 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

For anyone in doubt, I have met Mr Shreksta and can confirm he is a very nice, honest bloke, I bought some JDM heads off him that turned out to be scrap when inspected by my engine builder, a quick call to Shrek and the money was refunded immediately, no fuss, no quibble and it was considerably more than 20 notes.

To be fair he could of told me to do one and I'd of probably said ok Sir he's fahooking HUGE and looks like he'd sooner eat you than talk to you.

Joking aside, he's a nice genuine bloke and definitely NOT a scammer.

Hope you're well mate.
Old 20 November 2015, 08:50 AM
BrownPantsRacing
Scooby Regular

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Paypal should be quick, but dealing with Royal Mail is horrific if you're trying to get a refund. I have had so many "signed for" deliveries never turn up it's daft. The service is very poor. If you are trying to get a refund expect to have to chase it and expect it to take 6-12 months to get anywhere.

I'm afraid I think you've lost your money here IMO. Lesson learned. At least it wasn't too expensive this time.
Old 21 November 2015, 09:54 AM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BrownPantsRacing
Paypal should be quick, but dealing with Royal Mail is horrific if you're trying to get a refund. I have had so many "signed for" deliveries never turn up it's daft. The service is very poor. If you are trying to get a refund expect to have to chase it and expect it to take 6-12 months to get anywhere.

I'm afraid I think you've lost your money here IMO. Lesson learned. At least it wasn't too expensive this time.
That hasn't been my experience with RM. They'll want proof of what you sent and proof that you sent it, but after that it's just 1 or 2 months wait for the refund.
Old 21 November 2015, 10:22 AM
BrownPantsRacing
Scooby Regular

Either you were lucky or I've been very unlucky more than once. I've always provided every piece of info they needed including original postage receipts as they won't accept a copy.

(which I find ironic they make you post the only piece of genuine evidence you have using a postal system you're making a claim against for losing your mail)?????.

Anyhow, even doing this I've had to chase them again and again, even when the claim was finally approved it took another month and a chase to get the cheque.

I'm not kidding when I say every claim took minimum 6 months for me. Must be very unlucky.

Last edited by BrownPantsRacing; 21 November 2015 at 10:24 AM.
Old 21 November 2015, 11:00 AM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Might depend on the amount of the claim I suppose, the more it is, the more they drag their heels about it maybe (mine was for £35).
Old 21 November 2015, 01:28 PM
BrownPantsRacing
Scooby Regular

Less than £50 on both occasions.
Old 21 November 2015, 01:52 PM
RobJenks
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

The best thing I ever bought and had delivered WITHIN A WEEK.
Two polypins of Fullers ESB and London Pride real ale.
Bought over the phone to a London off licence and air freighted to Geraldton in Western Australia!
The duty by the Australian excise was negligible.
The air freight was really expensive though.
And to be honest the beer was not the best -Flat and had deteriorated , as if it had been exposed to oxygen.
But it didn't matter - The chaps were drinking real ale in Oz !!!!!!!!!
Circa 1990
Old 21 November 2015, 05:24 PM
donny andi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Alex 773
paypall is doomed
It's PayPal you ******* retard
Old 24 November 2015, 08:03 AM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ditchmyster
For anyone in doubt, I have met Mr Shreksta and can confirm he is a very nice, honest bloke, I bought some JDM heads off him that turned out to be scrap when inspected by my engine builder, a quick call to Shrek and the money was refunded immediately, no fuss, no quibble and it was considerably more than 20 notes.

To be fair he could of told me to do one and I'd of probably said ok Sir he's fahooking HUGE and looks like he'd sooner eat you than talk to you.

Joking aside, he's a nice genuine bloke and definitely NOT a scammer.

Hope you're well mate.
Cheers ditchmyster, yeah all is well mate,just out of a double hernia operation so relaxing now until new year. Thanks for everyone's advice........case closed by paypal in favour of me

Obviously the scam I pulled by actually sending the item and keeping proof worked out........who'd have thought that
Old 24 November 2015, 08:22 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Pleased it all worked out in your favour and no doubt the parcel will turn up somewhere at some point in the not too distant future.

Sorry to hear about the operation, but at least you're on the mend and have a nice long break, sounds like some winter sun is in order, I hear Cuba is nice this time of year.
Old 24 November 2015, 09:05 AM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ditchmyster
Pleased it all worked out in your favour and no doubt the parcel will turn up somewhere at some point in the not too distant future.

Sorry to hear about the operation, but at least you're on the mend and have a nice long break, sounds like some winter sun is in order, I hear Cuba is nice this time of year.
Anywhere other than hinckley is nice this time of year lol, to be honest i just wanna get back into my strongman training so I can enter some comps next year,not lifted for months as I didn't wanna make the hernia any worse but I feel so weak at the minute.

How's things with you anyway?
Old 26 November 2015, 11:56 PM
hedgecutter
Scooby Regular

Received 640 Likes on 466 Posts

Originally Posted by RobJenks
The best thing I ever bought and had delivered WITHIN A WEEK.
Two polypins of Fullers ESB and London Pride real ale.
Bought over the phone to a London off licence and air freighted to Geraldton in Western Australia!
The duty by the Australian excise was negligible.
The air freight was really expensive though.
And to be honest the beer was not the best -Flat and had deteriorated , as if it had been exposed to oxygen.
But it didn't matter - The chaps were drinking real ale in Oz !!!!!!!!!
Circa 1990
I passed through Geraldton in 1990, heading to Darwin! It was all Bundy and coke!