Supercar trackdays

Search this Thread

Old 15 January 2015, 02:37 PM
RAVENLEON
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supercar trackdays

Anyone been on one of those Supercar track days recently ?

What's your thoughts on the day?, is it value for money and how much driving time do you get ? , my mate is looking at one for his birthday and I think it's one you pick 3 from 6 cars to try !

Last edited by RAVENLEON; 15 January 2015 at 06:06 PM.
Old 15 January 2015, 10:41 PM
RAVENLEON
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Anyone ?
Old 16 January 2015, 11:50 AM
Alan Jeffery
Scooby Regular

Location: Enginetuner.co.uk Plymouth Dyno Dynamics RR Engine machining and building EcuTek SimTek mapping

My middle son and I did one at Thruxton, driving a Cayman, Audi R8 and a single seater. It was great fun and well worth the ticket price. Tiff Needel is usually on hand to give rides, and all the instructors are very helpful.
They have a decent range of cars, so give it a go!
Old 16 January 2015, 12:49 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Ive done a few. Cheaper ones run on old airfields with older cars and make you change up at low revs, no overtaking etc. Worth stumping up to drive somewhere like Thruxton who have a well maintained fleet, its a fast circuit and they let you drive the cars properly. I did the 3 laps with Tiff in the M3 which was a blast!
Old 16 January 2015, 12:57 PM
RAVENLEON
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by Alan Jeffery
My middle son and I did one at Thruxton, driving a Cayman, Audi R8 and a single seater. It was great fun and well worth the ticket price. Tiff Needel is usually on hand to give rides, and all the instructors are very helpful.
They have a decent range of cars, so give it a go!
Originally Posted by P1Fanatic
Ive done a few. Cheaper ones run on old airfields with older cars and make you change up at low revs, no overtaking etc. Worth stumping up to drive somewhere like Thruxton who have a well maintained fleet, its a fast circuit and they let you drive the cars properly. I did the 3 laps with Tiff in the M3 which was a blast!

Cheers guys!,

it's nice if you actually get to push the cars a bit rather than "Driving Miss Daisey" lol

I think the track was down near Loughborough !
Old 16 January 2015, 12:58 PM
legacy_gtb
Scooby Regular

As an alternative, I can highly recommend phil price rallyschool .... I left with aching arms from the amount of time behind the wheel.
Old 16 January 2015, 01:22 PM
njkmrs
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by P1Fanatic

Agreed.

Did one at Elvington airfield in a Ferrari 355 ...****e and would not" pull your foreskin back " due to the lack of power. Had stupid looking bent over exhausts which may have been restricting it???
Porsche 911 Turbo was more like it but again only 3 laps which was over in no time.
Plus a lot of waiting around for your turn. Avoid....

Trending Topics

Old 17 January 2015, 06:18 PM
daveyj
Scooby Regular

I've done one at Thruxton. It's worth it just for the 5 laps in the little 1.7 Litre Renault-engined Single Seaters. We were in Mazda RX8, Porsche Cayman S and a Ferrari F430 prior to that. Couldn't exactly give the Ferrari and the Porsche any stick as it wasn't permitted, but the RX8 and Single Seater was awesome fun.
Old 19 January 2015, 08:40 PM
Alan Jeffery
Scooby Regular

Location: Enginetuner.co.uk Plymouth Dyno Dynamics RR Engine machining and building EcuTek SimTek mapping

Originally Posted by RAVENLEON
Cheers guys!,

it's nice if you actually get to push the cars a bit rather than "Driving Miss Daisey" lol

I think the track was down near Loughborough !
I was flat out in the R8, sixth gear through Church and drifting.
Old 20 January 2015, 08:11 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by daveyj
I've done one at Thruxton. It's worth it just for the 5 laps in the little 1.7 Litre Renault-engined Single Seaters. We were in Mazda RX8, Porsche Cayman S and a Ferrari F430 prior to that. Couldn't exactly give the Ferrari and the Porsche any stick as it wasn't permitted, but the RX8 and Single Seater was awesome fun.
What do you mean by stick? Sure they aren't going to let you power slide an f430 around each corner in the 3-5 laps you get but I was out in a Gallardo and flat out full on gear shifts hitting over 140 on the back straight. If you are a track vet then maybe you are better off doing something like the exige s or ariel atom where you get a lot more laps.
Old 20 January 2015, 08:17 PM
daveyj
Scooby Regular

Ferrari wasn't to be revved above 5k. They were very clear on that. Didn't hit tripple figures on the main straight. Same with the Porsche. It was more like doing sighting laps. You could, however, crack on in the RX8 and the single seaters.
Old 21 January 2015, 09:00 AM
Shaid
Scooby Regular

I've thought about it a few times.

However, the 3-5 lap thing... naaaa