Default The Trews - The Sun

http://educateinspirechange.org/alte...nse-priceless/

Thoughts?
Old 07 December 2014, 08:27 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

He's nuts. :lo1l:

No, seriously, some of his ramblings does make sense. Whilst I commend his attack on the scum (aka The sun), which is totally justified, his other ideologies (not mentioned in this clip) is akin to whimsical anarchy (i.e dream world) as opposed the real world anarchy that would happen if whole structure of governance and capitalism were to fail (everyman for himself, unless my shotgun says otherwise ).

So yeah, the Murdoch empire really could do with being torn a new arsehole. But shredding our government apart to do so might not be such a good idea.
Old 07 December 2014, 09:05 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Russell Brand is a grade A hypocritical cockwomble.

If you require further insight, ask him where he sees his millions making a difference to the poor, oppressed he claims to represent...

If he was on fire I would rather wet myself than spare him the ****.
Old 07 December 2014, 09:23 PM
Kwik
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SJ_Skyline
Russell Brand is a grade A hypocritical cockwomble. If you require further insight, ask him where he sees his millions making a difference to the poor, oppressed he claims to represent... If he was on fire I would rather wet myself than spare him the ****.
How does this make him any different to pretty much all celebs that get involved with children in need, Red Nose Day etc etc?.
Although he does sometimes talk rubbish he represents me more than some Oxbridge or eaton silver spoon liar.
And he's right, only a small percentage of people bother to vote as 99% of politicians are liars and criminals themselves.
Old 07 December 2014, 10:00 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't say it made him any different Kwik.

If he represents you then you have my sympathy.
Old 07 December 2014, 11:08 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Russell Brand is the biggest hypocrite ever to have mangled his way through the English language. Before he harps on about the cause of the the working class and the outrage of tax avoiding corporations from the comfort of his limousine, perhaps he could reconsider writing for a publication that is owned by the Guardian Media Group, which itself is no stranger to being "efficient" with its taxes.
Old 07 December 2014, 11:49 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jonc
Russell Brand is the biggest hypocrite ever to have mangled his way through the English language. Before he harps on about the cause of the the working class and the outrage of tax avoiding corporations from the comfort of his limousine, perhaps he could reconsider writing for a publication that is owned by the Guardian Media Group, which itself is no stranger to being "efficient" with its taxes.
Why is it that your type's first comment to anyone daring to criticise all you hold dear (i.e. the establishment and capitalist society and let's be honest here tax cheating corporations) is to attack them for being anything other than a homeless jobless street bum.

Can someone with a well paid profession or who is celebrity not have an opinion that might be about people other than themselves i.e. the working class or do you have to be one to be allowed an opinion?

Brand is a bit of a c0ckend as a comedian, but he actually has a brain in his head and does make some good social commentary from time to time.
Old 08 December 2014, 12:38 AM
Carnut
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
Why is it that your type's first comment to anyone daring to criticise all you hold dear (i.e. the establishment and capitalist society and let's be honest here tax cheating corporations) is to attack them for being anything other than a homeless jobless street bum.

Can someone with a well paid profession or who is celebrity not have an opinion that might be about people other than themselves i.e. the working class or do you have to be one to be allowed an opinion?

Brand is a bit of a c0ckend as a comedian, but he actually has a brain in his head and does make some good social commentary from time to time.
But the same is said of MP'S, there all labeled as scum no matter what there background or intentions are, doing the same of celebrities is no different.
Old 08 December 2014, 02:13 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Carnut
But the same is said of MP'S, there all labeled as scum no matter what there background or intentions are, doing the same of celebrities is no different.
Except not all celebrities are scum so I don't see your point
Old 08 December 2014, 08:24 AM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Maybe they simply have a problem separating the message, from the messenger

(I think RB is a bit of a **** btw)

I suspect a lot of people feel they are being "nickel & dimed" in this country - but they are just too thick to work out by who

In an literal and allegorical sense they the "Walking Dead"
Old 08 December 2014, 08:35 AM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2

I suspect a lot of people feel they are being "nickel & dimed" in this country - but they are just too thick to work out by who

Would you go with the message then, Hodgy? It's in your interests to preserve the status quo, is it not?
Old 08 December 2014, 09:35 AM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

I am afraid I have already answered this

https://www.scoobynet.com/981437-sod...l#post11165763

Post 55
Old 08 December 2014, 11:03 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

That's an extremely good observation.
Old 08 December 2014, 11:15 AM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

That's an extremely good observation.
yes, I made the Zombie - Walking Dead point in a post several years ago

you then see the scenes as the "hordes" scramble, arms outstretched to get a 42" TV on Black Friday, and it does remind one of mindless Zombies
Old 08 December 2014, 11:20 AM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

I am afraid I have already answered this

https://www.scoobynet.com/981437-sod...l#post11165763

Post 55
https://www.scoobynet.com/924456-so-...l#post10484500

Post 66

Old 08 December 2014, 12:03 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

sure - and an obviously sarcastic comment

if that is the best you have, well!!!!
Old 08 December 2014, 12:08 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

My type? And what type are you? Why do you continuely direct personal snipes at me? I'm just airing my opinion of a celebrity that I am no fan of. Since you've made clear that my opinions are worthless, why do persist in bothering to waste your time with someone you have such low opinions of? Move on or debate, I don't mind either.

My opinion of Brand is that he is a ****, like Farage; spouts any populist bandwagon jumping claptrap to keep promoting himself, he needs it now that he's not relying on dating high profile celebs. He is a hypocrite, having written for the Sun in the past, had his TV programmes broadcasted on channels and books published by companies own by the Murdoch media group. His anti-capitlist rants doesn't square up to is multi-million pound fortune and has no issues with himself in associating with those who he holds in contempt and therefore his "Trews" is no better than the Daily Mail in my opinion. But if you're interested Brand, you can buy his book Revelution in any big corporate owned stores for around £20, or if you wait after Christmas, a lot less in various charity shops.
Old 08 December 2014, 12:33 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

sure - and an obviously sarcastic comment

if that is the best you have, well!!!!
It's just a bit of sport, Hodgy, don't worry.