Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Some paedophiles will not be charged!

Search this Thread

Old 20 October 2014, 11:44 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some paedophiles will not be charged!

So the NCA has now said between 20,000 and 30,0000 people found to have indecent images of children in their possession will not face prosecution as they are at the low end of the paedophile scale!!!

The Home Office has backed up the NCA of course although Teflon May herself is not around to comment as per usual despite the fact she was responsible for the creation of the NCA

Yes, best wait until they move up the scale!!!
Old 21 October 2014, 01:04 AM
G.Mac
Scooby Regular

Well said Xline !!!

At the end of the day a paedo is a paedo and they should all rot in jail.....dirty scumbag barstewards
Old 21 October 2014, 02:49 AM
Carnut
Scooby Regular

Good post Xline but having watched the Stinson Hunter documentary I can appreciate the real size of the task. There is most likely at LEAST one on every street in Britain and to arrest everyone of them would be huge. They would have to take them to court and each case could last a year or more and run the country dry of money.

Rounding them all up and pushing them of a cliff would get my vote plus it would solve the problems with unemployment but I doubt the do gooders would let it slide.

IMO we need to take down the internet as we know it and start again, have it for business related reasons and for official websites etc and that's it, it's just a uncontrollable mess.
Old 21 October 2014, 07:12 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Carnut
Good post Xline but having watched the Stinson Hunter documentary I can appreciate the real size of the task. There is most likely at LEAST one on every street in Britain and to arrest everyone of them would be huge. They would have to take them to court and each case could last a year or more and run the country dry of money.

Rounding them all up and pushing them of a cliff would get my vote plus it would solve the problems with unemployment but I doubt the do gooders would let it slide.

IMO we need to take down the internet as we know it and start again, have it for business related reasons and for official websites etc and that's it, it's just a uncontrollable mess.
The Internet did not create paedophiles, in fact it's because of the net so many are being caught... Electronic data leaves a trail.

The problem is one of priorities. Our governments find plenty of money for military operations in far off lands to try and make them safer places, but are seemingly unwilling to spend money to make our own country a safer place.

Last edited by f1_fan; 21 October 2014 at 09:32 AM.
Old 21 October 2014, 08:38 AM
neil-h
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Xline
It's about the funding. Insufficient resource to bring 50000 cases to court.

Just goes to show ... they can process 50000 speeding tickets in a day from cameras, computers and technology because there's a money incentive, but they can't get real criminals off the street.
You forget the vast majority of speeding tickets are generated via a heavily automated system. PC plod doesn't have to go out and collect evidence/build a case against the average speeder.
Old 21 October 2014, 09:07 AM
neil-h
Scooby Regular

That was entirely my point.
Didn't look like it. Read more like a whinge about the big bad policeman victimising the poor innocent motorist yet again.
Old 21 October 2014, 09:31 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

You'd have thought this day and age it would be possible to at least flag up these people to various authorities, even if it wasn't possible to prosecute
Old 21 October 2014, 10:18 AM
neil-h
Scooby Regular

What part of this is related to poor innocent motorists?

"they can process 50000 speeding tickets in a day from cameras, computers and technology because there's a money incentive,"
The fact speeding tickets don't get given to pedestrians/cyclists...

Now with regards to the bit in bold, my apologies. From a quick skim read I missed that bit (or atleast it didn't fully compute). That being said however it doesn't change the fact that as i said, speeding fines tend to require very little time to prosecute (with the majority being via a FPN). Where as sex offences tend to require a lot of time on behalf of the investigating officers and the prosecution. So of course more people speeding get charged...
Old 21 October 2014, 11:35 AM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

I think they could devise a system whereby these scum are sent a letter (can they easily get home addresses?) in an envelope clearly labelled so anyone can see who it is from. The letter would say there is evidence of paedophilia and ask for a £1000 to take their name off a list. If not paid then prosecution may follow.

This should frighten the s,hit out of many suspects.

dl
Old 21 October 2014, 12:00 PM
Carnut
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
The Internet did not create paedophiles, in fact it's because of the net so many are being caught... Electronic data leaves a trail.

The problem is one of priorities. Our governments find plenty of money for military operations in far off lands to try and make them safer places, but are seemingly unwilling to spend money to make our own country a safer place.
Tobacco did not create smokers but had the world not been introduced to it there would be a lot fewer deaths each year. The Internet feeds a addiction that otherwise would not be there for alot of the people in question.

I personally don't feel that having millions of pictures of little children all in one place that is easy access a good idea. It is firmly in planted in a lot of mankind's dna and dragging it out of each person by having child bait (the internet) seems a strange approach to me especially when once they are exposed nothing is done.

More does have to be done and spending some of the money the military gets and maybe stop sending India money etc would be a good start.
Old 21 October 2014, 12:38 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by neil-h
The fact speeding tickets don't get given to pedestrians/cyclists...
If you (or anyone you know) can run fast enough to interest a speed camera, I'm pretty sure British Athletics would be very interested to hear from you
Old 21 October 2014, 01:25 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Tobacco did not create smokers but had the world not been introduced to it there would be a lot fewer deaths each year. The Internet feeds a addiction that otherwise would not be there for alot of the people in question.

I personally don't feel that having millions of pictures of little children all in one place that is easy access a good idea. It is firmly in planted in a lot of mankind's dna and dragging it out of each person by having child bait (the internet) seems a strange approach to me especially when once they are exposed nothing is done.
I am not sure that's a good comparison. Someone can be a paedophile without the Internet, but they can't smoke without something to smoke.

I also find your notion that paedophilia is lying dormant in much of mankind and the net helps brings it out of them as quite a strange idea. I have worked on the web since 1998 and been using it since 1994 and never once have I felt the desire to search for images of kiddie **** just because I can.

I also don't think it's as easily accessible as you might think, but I may be wrong.

Blaming the net is wrong IMO, the blame lies fairly and squarely at those who indulge in this practice regardless of how they indulge in it.

Anyway it will be interesting to see what happens when one of these mild paedophiles decides to move up the scale having not been dealt with by the authorities earlier. Let's see how Teflon May and her NCA wriggle out of that one!
Old 21 October 2014, 02:19 PM
Carnut
Scooby Regular

I am not sure that's a good comparison. Someone can be a paedophile without the Internet, but they can't smoke without something to smoke.

I also find your notion that paedophilia is lying dormant in much of mankind and the net helps brings it out of them as quite a strange idea. I have worked on the web since 1998 and been using it since 1994 and never once have I felt the desire to search for images of kiddie **** just because I can.
Someone can be a paedophile without the net of course but there is evil of all different types in alot of people and the net is a trigger for some. I'm not saying it's the only reason but some would benefit from not having the temptation of the net.

I also don't think it's as easily accessible as you might think, but I may be wrong.
Yes well I have no idea how hard or easy it is but plenty do and seem to have no problem. I've also heard of something called the "dark net" what ever that is. It was being talked about on the "This Morning" programme a while back.

Blaming the net is wrong IMO, the blame lies fairly and squarely at those who indulge in this practice regardless of how they indulge in it.

Anyway it will be interesting to see what happens when one of these mild paedophiles decides to move up the scale having not been dealt with by the authorities earlier. Let's see how Teflon May and her NCA wriggle out of that one!
But yes blaming the net isn't consecutive (just me having a rant) and seeing though it's here to stay it would be best to use it to are advantage and catch some of these low lifes.

p.s have you seen the Stinson Hunter documentary? I don't completely agree with all his ways ie posting vids on the net, he should just give the evidence to the police as he does and leave it with them. The 30,000 also mentioned in your op is also a little conservative going off what I have seen in said documentary, it's more like hundreds of thousands if not more.
Old 21 October 2014, 04:45 PM
Rick2014
Scooby Regular

I think the general public will take the law into there own hands when it comes down to paedos
Old 21 October 2014, 04:55 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Someone can be a paedophile without the net of course but there is evil of all different types in alot of people and the net is a trigger for some. I'm not saying it's the only reason but some would benefit from not having the temptation of the net.

Yes well I have no idea how hard or easy it is but plenty do and seem to have no problem. I've also heard of something called the "dark net" what ever that is. It was being talked about on the "This Morning" programme a while back.

But yes blaming the net isn't consecutive (just me having a rant) and seeing though it's here to stay it would be best to use it to are advantage and catch some of these low lifes.

p.s have you seen the Stinson Hunter documentary? I don't completely agree with all his ways ie posting vids on the net, he should just give the evidence to the police as he does and leave it with them. The 30,000 also mentioned in your op is also a little conservative going off what I have seen in said documentary, it's more like hundreds of thousands if not more.
Yes I saw the documentary and like you had mixed feelings about it, but I guess at least he is doing something about it.

Yeah you may well be write on the figures, I was using government figures and we all know how reliable they are
Old 21 October 2014, 06:29 PM
neil-h
Scooby Regular

Yes I saw the documentary and like you had mixed feelings about it, but I guess at least he is doing something about it.

Yeah you may well be write on the figures, I was using government figures and we all know how reliable they are
I'm not normally a grammar **** but come on.
Old 21 October 2014, 06:55 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by neil-h
I'm not normally a grammar **** but come on.
Guilty as charged
Old 21 October 2014, 08:53 PM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

I seriously hope you're wrong. If it was just one million, that would be getting on for 1 in 20 adult males in the country (given that over 95% of the people interested in this stuff are male), which would be a pretty horrific number. Even accepting the NCA's figure of around 50,000, that's somewhere around 1 in 600, which is bad enough.
Old 21 October 2014, 09:46 PM
Carnut
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by markjmd
I seriously hope you're wrong. If it was just one million, that would be getting on for 1 in 20 adult males in the country (given that over 95% of the people interested in this stuff are male), which would be a pretty horrific number. Even accepting the NCA's figure of around 50,000, that's somewhere around 1 in 600, which is bad enough.
Well as f1_fan has said in his post government figures are oftern not the most reliable and it stands to reason that they would want to play it down so straight away you can add some numbers no problem.

Going off the Stinson Hunter documentary there was certainly numbers being thrown about much greater than the ones originally mentioned but the true number I imagine nobody knows.

It was staggering to see how many different walks of life these people cover, doctors, ex army sergeant, teachers, business men, the usual weird look you would expect and more, really no walk of life is exempt and no doubt we speak to these scum on a daily basis, I bet SN has even got a few.