Sky Sports 5 Activation ???

Search this Thread

Old 23 July 2014, 11:17 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Sky Sports 5 Activation ???

Already a subscriber to the Sports bundle with Sky

I noticed Sky have added Sky Sports 5 to the bundle, but it has to be activated and by activating it you get 2 years free broadband, as long as you pay the line rental.

I'm more than happy with BT Infinity and will never go back to Sky for BB, having searched their site I can see no other way of getting this extra channel other than switching my BB to Sky, which is never going to happen.

Am I missing something or is the only way to get it via the BB offer, ideally I'd happily activate without taking up their offer.

Any ideas ???
Old 23 July 2014, 12:34 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ring them up, or chat online.
I've use the online chat, and it certainly beats having to speak to Gupta or one of his mates

Last edited by urban; 23 July 2014 at 01:33 PM.
Old 23 July 2014, 12:50 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's only got football on it, who cares? HTH
Old 23 July 2014, 01:22 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

No surprise you had to comment, just surprised it was so soon into the thread plus the fact you're aware of the content of SS5
Old 23 July 2014, 01:26 PM
Steve_PPP
Scooby Regular

I activated via the blue button on the remote and it mentioned about the broadband 2 yr offer but didn't imply it was compulsory to activating??

Also with BT Infinity and don't want sky broadband, have I unwittingly given them permission to take over my phone line and give me their broadband?
Old 23 July 2014, 01:31 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii
No surprise you had to comment, just surprised it was so soon into the thread plus the fact you're aware of the content of SS5
Beggars belief really
Old 23 July 2014, 01:32 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Steve_PPP
have I unwittingly given them permission to take over my phone line and give me their broadband?
Yes.
Old 23 July 2014, 01:42 PM
Steve_PPP
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by urban
Yes.
Wrong

Just did a Sky Chat thingy....

Me - Hi, i activated Sky Sports 5 last night via the remote (blue button) and it mentioned about 2 years free broadband but I assume thats an optional thing - I'm under contract with BT infinity and I don't want Sky trying to take over my phone line.....

Sky - You have put it across correctly. The Broadband 24 months offer is optional and is only if you agree for a recontract with Sky

Sky - The offer of 2 years free Broadband Unlimited is dependent on re-contracting for an 18 month term. In order to take advantage of the offer, you must keep Sports, Broadband, Talk and Line Rental for the duration of the offer.

Sky - Once the offer ends you will be charged the standard price for Broadband Unlimited which is currently £7.50 per month. Re-contracting will be with immediate effect and the will be no cooling off period.

Sky - If you cancel any of these products you will lose the offer and will have to pay the standard price for the remainder of the broadband minimum term. Early termination charges may apply if you are cancelling broadband within the minimum term or re-contracting period.

Me - OK, so Sky won't try to add phone/broadband to my package but Sky Sports 5 will work fine?

Sky - Yes. There is no forced effort to take up Broadband. Sports 5 is free.

Sky - Sky Sports Pack includes all 7 dedicated Sports channels, including Sky Sports 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 Sky Sports News and Sky Sports F1®. All of which give you great unrivaled and live coverage of a number of sports, including 116 games from the Barclays Premier League, UEFA Champions League, (Exclusive) Hollands top football division - Eredivisie, The Scottish Premier League, domestic and international cricket, US Masters Golf and lots more.
Sky Sports 5 will screen up to 600 live European football matches next season featuring some of the best players, the best teams and the best competitions.
Old 23 July 2014, 01:58 PM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Robbing bar Stuarts. I saw the update thing but didn't think you had to take out broadband! As if we don't pay enough already!! Time for me to switch to XBMC me thinks
Old 23 July 2014, 02:23 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

They keep advertising it on Sky Sports F1 which seems a bit daft to me being as the F1 channel is watched by people with a brain.
Old 23 July 2014, 02:46 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Wrong

Me - Hi, i activated Sky Sports 5 last night via the remote (blue button) and it mentioned about 2 years free broadband but I assume thats an optional thing - I'm under contract with BT infinity and I don't want Sky trying to take over my phone line.....

Sky - You have put it across correctly. The Broadband 24 months offer is optional and is only if you agree for a recontract with Sky

Sky - The offer of 2 years free Broadband Unlimited is dependent on re-contracting for an 18 month term. In order to take advantage of the offer, you must keep Sports, Broadband, Talk and Line Rental for the duration of the offer.

Sky - Once the offer ends you will be charged the standard price for Broadband Unlimited which is currently £7.50 per month. Re-contracting will be with immediate effect and the will be no cooling off period.

Sky - If you cancel any of these products you will lose the offer and will have to pay the standard price for the remainder of the broadband minimum term. Early termination charges may apply if you are cancelling broadband within the minimum term or re-contracting period.

Me - OK, so Sky won't try to add phone/broadband to my package but Sky Sports 5 will work fine?

Sky - Yes. There is no forced effort to take up Broadband. Sports 5 is free.

Sky - Sky Sports Pack includes all 7 dedicated Sports channels, including Sky Sports 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 Sky Sports News and Sky Sports F1®. All of which give you great unrivaled and live coverage of a number of sports, including 116 games from the Barclays Premier League, UEFA Champions League, (Exclusive) Hollands top football division - Eredivisie, The Scottish Premier League, domestic and international cricket, US Masters Golf and lots more.
Sky Sports 5 will screen up to 600 live European football matches next season featuring some of the best players, the best teams and the best competitions.
Cheers Steve, good info

Blue button it is then, that said I'll have to get F1 round to do it for me as he has the brain.......
Old 23 July 2014, 04:12 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts

Blue button it is then, that said I'll have to get F1 round to do it for me as he has the brain.......
You must have misread what he put...

Originally Posted by f1_fan
They keep advertising it on Sky Sports F1 which seems a bit daft to me being as the F1 channel is watched by people with no brain.
Old 23 July 2014, 05:08 PM
Mouser
Scooby Regular

Signed up! It's a no-brainer!
Old 24 July 2014, 08:07 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

Wrong

Very good.

I'm surprise I don't see a question from the sky person asking 'How is your weather being'