Girl, 10, raped in revenge sentence

Search this Thread

Old 11 July 2014, 04:26 PM
22BUK
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Girl, 10, raped in revenge sentence

From The Times today:

A ten-year-old girl has been raped at the behest of a village chief in the eastern Indian state of Jharkhand, in an incident that again exposes the country’s lax attitudes to sexual violence.
Police said that the rape followed a confrontation on Monday night when a 25-year-old man barged into the victim’s house in an inebriated state, trying to molest the child’s mother. Her husband then beat up the attacker and threw him out.
The following morning, the man went to the chief of the village in Bokaro district, police said, and complained of being assaulted. A spokesman added that an assembly of elders was convened to determine how best to punish the violent husband.
The families of the victim and the attacker were summoned to the meeting, where the village chief allegedly directed the man to rape the ten-year-old girl to avenge the assault, police said.
The man is then claimed to have dragged the girl into bushes a short distance away and raped her, ignoring her mother’s cries. An hour later, the mother retrieved her daughter from the bushes, where she lay soaked in blood, police said.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/w...cle4144286.ece
Old 11 July 2014, 05:06 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

And these are civilised people?
Old 11 July 2014, 05:19 PM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

thats a sill solution really, the 10 year old girl isn't part of the problem and is innocent in all of that. Maybe they should of cut the blokes ***** off instead.
Old 11 July 2014, 05:22 PM
AndyBaker
Scooby Regular

Fcukin unbelievable
Old 11 July 2014, 05:26 PM
angel1368
Scooby Regular

shake my head that these vile acts can be committed against innocent children in this day and age
Old 11 July 2014, 06:37 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Waiting for Martin to come on and tell us it's OK as it's all part of their culture.
Old 11 July 2014, 06:53 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

Beyond f**ked up.
Old 11 July 2014, 07:01 PM
Carnut
Scooby Regular

I hope people can keep this in mind when their talking about Britain and our laws.
Old 11 July 2014, 07:27 PM
LSherratt
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Absolutely crazy.
Old 11 July 2014, 08:08 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

Incomprehensible
Diabolical
Repulsive
Old 11 July 2014, 08:34 PM
Dingdongler
Scooby Regular

Anybody who isn't repulsed by this lacks a soul. However perhaps we should be careful when throwing stones?

After all we are the country where everybody from tv personalities to politicians seem to have been molesting and raping children. And that's before we even start on what Catholic priests have been up to for years.

Perhaps we should get our own house in order before we worry about what may have happened in some dusty village thousands of miles away.
Old 11 July 2014, 08:50 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

This is exactly what zim girlfriend says , in response to something appalling that has happened back in Zim / elsewhere in Africa.....

Usually followed by how un godly we are in this country. ...( which I'm less convinced by )
Old 11 July 2014, 10:06 PM
Carnut
Scooby Regular

I said this.

Originally Posted by chris j t
I hope people can keep this in mind when their talking about Britain and our laws.
And then you said this.

Originally Posted by Dingdongler
. However perhaps we should be careful when throwing stones?

After all we are the country where everybody from tv personalities to politicians seem to have been molesting and raping children. And that's before we even start on what Catholic priests have been up to for years.

Perhaps we should get our own house in order before we worry about what may have happened in some dusty village thousands of miles away.
I here what you are saying, but come on, the things that happen in this country are not condoned and where possible we punish those involved.

In this case it was not only condoned but was given as a punishment, to the best of my knowledge this isn't really the way we do things.

To be honest iam appalled that you would compare our/my way of life to this.

Last edited by Carnut; 11 July 2014 at 10:07 PM.
Old 11 July 2014, 10:12 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
Waiting for Martin to come on and tell us it's OK as it's all part of their culture.
I'm waiting for 'him' to say we should spend more in foreign aid......
Old 11 July 2014, 10:13 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

They're not condoned but there could have easily been tacit acceptance
Old 12 July 2014, 06:45 AM
Dingdongler
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chris j t
I said this.

And then you said this.

I here what you are saying, but come on, the things that happen in this country are not condoned and where possible we punish those involved.

In this case it was not only condoned but was given as a punishment, to the best of my knowledge this isn't really the way we do things.

To be honest iam appalled that you would compare our/my way of life to this.

But what happened in that village was not condoned by the govt of India or the rest of India was it? It was condoned by some retards in some backward village outpost in India and god knows what other ulterior motives were at play.
I doubt whether it is a general way of life in most of India.

Jimmy Savile abused in excess of two hundred children and was given an OBE, the keys to Broadmoor, his own room at Stoke Mandeville hospital and paid handsomely from our license fees.

People reported his behaviour many years ago, they were ignored by the police. Do you consider that his behaviour was therefore condoned?

Did nobody in the Catholic church know what was going on for years, was it therefore condoned by the Pope?

Have a read of this. Is this the 'way of life' you are talking about? Where police, politicians and official bodies are either involved in child abuse or help cover it up.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...stminster.html

As I said, lets worry about our own country first.
Old 12 July 2014, 08:45 AM
alanbell
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=Dingdongler;

As I said, lets worry about our own country first.[/QUOTE]

100%
Old 12 July 2014, 10:32 AM
Carnut
Scooby Regular

Yes you two are right, who gives a toss about some young girl in India, you now what they say, out of sight out of mind.

And you are also right, we do need to get our own house in order, India has been leading the way in human rights for some years now and we ALL have to do more.

You talk about Savile and "cover ups" but these are stand alone people who act under the radar so to speak. Although what has happened in India is not the "norm" it is a reflection of the mentality of a lot of people. They don't value the human life to the extent that we do in the UK.

There is always more to be done were ever you live and I think starting at home is a good place to start. But to suggest that we should turn a blind eye and concentrate on our own issues as if to say we are as bad in some way is mad. There's some bad people in this country but in no way do they reflect me you or our way of life.

But well done for letting Savile tarnish our country and lowering are standards because of a few bad men.

Last edited by Carnut; 12 July 2014 at 10:35 AM.
Old 12 July 2014, 10:39 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

These people were allowed to operate behind the biggest and best known broadcaster in the whole world, funded by you and me...!

Last edited by dpb; 12 July 2014 at 10:40 AM.
Old 12 July 2014, 11:03 AM
Carnut
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
These people were allowed to operate behind the biggest and best known broadcaster in the whole world, funded by you and me...!
No they wasn't, theres a difference to people not seeing the signs in front of there eyes because of fear of outing a British icon to allowing them to operate.

And are you actually saying that I have been funding pedophiles, you are getting very close to some sort of line here.

There are a lot of bad things that happen in this country but in no way are theres scum a reflection on the rest of us. On the other hand what has happened in India may not be a reflection on all of India but does highlight that they don't value the human life to the standard that we do, just look at the roads for a starting point.

Last edited by Carnut; 12 July 2014 at 11:12 AM.
Old 12 July 2014, 11:30 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

There's a seismic chasm between the nouveau richer and the dirt poor villager, like nowhere else in the world I think you'll find

Which is why we come to hear this story in the first place

Not that anyone, including the whole India shouldn't be ashamed