Notices
Midlands (England) Midlands Meetings & Events

derbyshire tour tonight!! just found out about it!

Search this Thread

Old 03 April 2004, 07:20 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default derbyshire tour tonight!! just found out about it!

its a bit late notice but if your bored at home scratching your ****, theres a tour tonight, with loads of rally cars etc, meeting at chesterfield about 9pm at robinsons drink factory.

its gk rally formerly autowindscreens.

up for it? see you there?

jamo
Old 03 April 2004, 07:30 PM
sti555
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

directions??

Old 03 April 2004, 07:45 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Originally Posted by sti555
directions??

you have text
Old 03 April 2004, 07:46 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

scoobchrissy

if you come on later and fancy meeting up ive sent you a pm, with my mob: give me a shout.

jamo
Old 04 April 2004, 02:04 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Smile

you missed out on a wicked night, im shattered now though! we have managed to clock up 173 miles tonight, we set off from chesterfield at 12 midnight, and went down which can only be described as the worst road in derbyshire, it was like a contstant ford from start to finish, where upon we lost sti555 "tim" and his mate. it just got mental after that! we went through 3 fords, god knows how many back roads, check points and peoples back gardens "joke " its just gone past 6.45am ive been home 5 mins, it all ended at the robin hood pub in baslow. got shed loads of pics and video.

class night. jamo

Last edited by Jamo; 04 April 2004 at 02:30 PM. Reason: i copied and pasted it cus site wouldnt let me post last night, it was am not pm.
Old 04 April 2004, 02:08 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Smile

just woke up...

that was nuts last night!

apparantly it was called the northern road rally championship 2004.. ? there was loads of scoobs there, anyone from here?

click here for their website

everyone was well cool with us just following and I will definatly be following them again.

jamo

Last edited by Jamo; 04 April 2004 at 02:31 PM.
Old 04 April 2004, 03:12 PM
M J B
Scooby Regular

I saw you jamo, was about 6 scoobs with you at the time. Must have been about 12.30ish, i was home just after 2am. Look forward to seeing some pics!
Old 04 April 2004, 04:34 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Originally Posted by M J B
I saw you jamo, was about 6 scoobs with you at the time. Must have been about 12.30ish, i was home just after 2am. Look forward to seeing some pics!
what were you in mate? and where were you? that road with the wash was metal!!
Old 04 April 2004, 05:26 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

heres some pics, theres some video, but i think ile have to rely on sti555 "tim" to do that for me.

jamo
Old 04 April 2004, 06:01 PM
M J B
Scooby Regular

Ive just looked at the map for 10mins and i dont have a clue where i was lol
I will ask my mate who was doing the map reading later, was two nutters in landys and about 10 other speccy cars at a junction where they went 90 right up a hill.
I was in my vtec civic, not a scoob.
Old 04 April 2004, 06:15 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

map? lol, whats one of them? we followed the lights, lol
Old 04 April 2004, 09:15 PM
sti555
Scooby Regular

Jamo,

Had a right laugh last night, well worth the long drive out

email me some vids & pics & I'll get em up again
Old 04 April 2004, 09:35 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

ive put the pics up that ive got mate just above.

recognise? no need to remove the plate, cus it aint there!

you had any stick from the coppers about that?

jamo
Old 05 April 2004, 08:53 AM
sti555
Scooby Regular

Jamo,

It 'fell' off a bit ago.. not got round to sorting out a new one yet
Old 07 April 2004, 03:15 PM
Road Rally
Scooby Newbie

Yes thanks a lot

Because of tossers like you the sport of road rallying could be lost for ever.

Instead of fixing neon lights and loud exhausts why not join a car club, marshal on events or even get a MSA licence and do an event. But of course then you'd be shown up for the Max Power wusses you really are.

In future keep well clear of proper motorsport and confine yourselves to Asda car parks.
Old 07 April 2004, 03:27 PM
simonc
Scooby Regular

Right you bunch of complete and utter w****rs what on earth do you think you were doing on saturday night. A lot of work goes into organizing events such as this and the actions of pratts like you lot is jepodising road rallying as a sport.
I was competing on saturday night and found that you lot and a couple of other cars were causing an enormous amount of aggrivation. I do not think you realize how close you came to physical violance from some competitors.
All the route has to be pr'd before a road rally and there are a large number of quiet and non competitive sections on these events and there are a number of reports of you lot doing excessive speed and making a lot of noise in the areas, I saw some of you driving like dicks around petrol.
Why dont you stick to your car parks and leave us to our sport in peace. If you do want to spectate on road rallies please do it in a responsible manner.
As a result of your actions some registration numbers have been taken and passed on to the police.
To the moderators of this forum of which i am a member the actions of these idiots and to be boasting about it does nothing for the Subaru comuntity. Please do not remove this thread as I think you will be getting some more input from road ralliest's as to what they think of Saturdays behaviour and this should be seen.
Anyone who wants a personal discussion about this pm me your phone number and we can speak.
Simon Cottrell.
Old 07 April 2004, 03:34 PM
Pleasedonot
Scooby Newbie

"everyone was well cool with us just following and I will definatly be following them again".

Jamo I am afraid you could not be further from the truth.

An event like the one you followed and interrupted takes many months and hundreds of man hours to organise and is totally reliant on the good will of the house holders on the route. All of whom have been individually contacted to request permission to run the event past their property.
In order to keep good public relations all residents have to agree to the event passing their property and the competing cars have to meet strict noise restrictions and driving standards are monitored.

People like yourselves who are unaware of any PR sensitive areas just cause organisers problems after the event and the loss of roads/routes to use on future events. Did you know which road had a seriously illl resident on it and the rally was only allowed to pass as long as all cars went past slowley and very quitly.

A number of "chase cars" or "Power Max boys" following the rally last Saturday caused problems for a number of competitors plus caused a problem on part of the route which had to be cancelled.
Marshal's reported such cars speeding through PR sensitive areas where crews would have been excluded for not driving very quietly and slowly.

If you are interested in such motorsport join your local motorsport club and complete and/or help organise such events.

Some events even issue good spectator points to watch from.

The antics that were witnessed at the weekend will only cause the organisers problems in the future and as happened a few years ago the near death of such motor sport events.

I was also competing on the event.

Last edited by Pleasedonot; 07 April 2004 at 03:41 PM.
Old 07 April 2004, 04:19 PM
Road Rally
Scooby Newbie

Do you have the owners of those cars permission to take pics and show their numberplate online?

Do not turn up at any road rally unless you are willing to marshal, you are not welcome.
Old 07 April 2004, 07:24 PM
dbm 73
Scooby Newbie

Exclamation

Originally Posted by simonc
Right you bunch of complete and utter w****rs what on earth do you think you were doing on saturday night. A lot of work goes into organizing events such as this and the actions of pratts like you lot is jepodising road rallying as a sport.
I was competing on saturday night and found that you lot and a couple of other cars were causing an enormous amount of aggrivation. I do not think you realize how close you came to physical violance from some competitors.
All the route has to be pr'd before a road rally and there are a large number of quiet and non competitive sections on these events and there are a number of reports of you lot doing excessive speed and making a lot of noise in the areas, I saw some of you driving like dicks around petrol.
Why dont you stick to your car parks and leave us to our sport in peace. If you do want to spectate on road rallies please do it in a responsible manner.
As a result of your actions some registration numbers have been taken and passed on to the police.
To the moderators of this forum of which i am a member the actions of these idiots and to be boasting about it does nothing for the Subaru comuntity. Please do not remove this thread as I think you will be getting some more input from road ralliest's as to what they think of Saturdays behaviour and this should be seen.
Anyone who wants a personal discussion about this pm me your phone number and we can speak.
Simon Cottrell.
your pathetic!

I was also there, and followed, All i saw was your cars speeding around and there were a few others as well, which I would consider unsafe! one we were close to didnt even have brake lights! when we got to the robin hood, several people approached me and my friends that i was with and asked us if we had enjoyed the event and asked if we had considered joining the club. no mention of physical violence at all.

there were signs outside the villages quoting "quiet" etc and we followed those as well.

as for the police, I look forward to hearing from them, ile make sure I add a few details to the points your missing, ile also make sure as to point them to this website.

ive e-mailed my friends about your small minded comments, so im sure you will recieve some replies quite soon.

p.s. I really enjoyed it and cant wait for the next one in pendle!

Last edited by dbm 73; 07 April 2004 at 07:26 PM.
Old 07 April 2004, 07:44 PM
sti555
Scooby Regular

Because of tossers like you the sport of road rallying could be lost for ever.

Instead of fixing neon lights and loud exhausts why not join a car club, marshal on events or even get a MSA licence and do an event. But of course then you'd be shown up for the Max Power wusses you really are.

In future keep well clear of proper motorsport and confine yourselves to Asda car parks
wtf are you on about, I parked up with another chap on here & spent ages chatting to the drivers, looking at the cars, & talking to the organisers & until reading these latest posts was very much interested in joining the club in question.

The guys I was with did'nt interfer with any of the event, people or upset anyone... nor did I see any 'Max Power' wusses with Neons etc...

At the end of the day there may have been people causing trouble as stated here but I for one did'nt see any of it, As far as I'm concerned it was a great event with loads of friendly people... Perhaps you should vent your anger out on the right people instead of a fellow scoobynetters..

I found a great place to park up with other enuthiasts & watched the action..

Can someone please enlighten me to the 'Boosting'??

With regards the Physical Violence grow up... From what I saw there is no need for these comments..

On another note, big deal if there was other people about it's a public highway for christ sake not a private race track....
Old 07 April 2004, 07:46 PM
dbm 73
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Road Rally Tosser
Instead of fixing neon lights and loud exhausts
yeah thats me! lol, what are you like? the loud exhaust came with the car, as standard. the only lights ive got are the normal ones!

plonka!
Old 07 April 2004, 07:46 PM
sti555
Scooby Regular

Simon,

I really think you should get your facts right about who was involved in what..

Otherwise I will be considering Violence towards the small minded..
D-I-C-K H-E-A-D

Last edited by sti555; 07 April 2004 at 07:49 PM.
Old 07 April 2004, 07:51 PM
sti555
Scooby Regular

PLEASEDONOT

Why not post under your usual username???

Yet another w-a-n-k-e-r...
Old 07 April 2004, 08:01 PM
sti555
Scooby Regular

If anyone wants to discuss this in person & make idle threats & stupid bull$hit comments feel free to pm/email me
Old 07 April 2004, 08:05 PM
Road Rally
Scooby Newbie

You know sod all about the sport, you know sod all about the types of sections that make up a road rally, therefore how do you know you didn't cause any problems.

Did you go to designated spectator areas only, did you actually contribute to the running of the rally one iota?

All road rally cars have been checked on the night prior to taking part, were your cars all checked that night?

If you are told you are not welcome, why come to the next one? If you are interested join a club, marshal, even take part but DO NOT follow an event as you will cause problems, which bit of that do you not understand?

Anybody who calls themselves a car enthusiast will want to safeguard the future of the sport not turn up where they are not welcome.

I am involved with the Pendle event and you and your like are not welcome, go to McDonalds and pick up 14 year old slappers instead.
Old 07 April 2004, 08:05 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Red face

WTF!!!!!!

ive just e-mailed the organiser and head? of marshals of the matlock group, I think I need to point out to all you individuals that have made derogatory comments about me and my friends on this thread that all the roads that we were on are public roads and all of our cars are 100% legal and taxed! therefore we can follow anywhere we want to! we were courteous to competitiors and always got out of the way when they were near! we also stuck to the speed limits of the roads that we were on. I would be pleased to see any evidence you may have to prove that we were breaking the law in any way shape or form.

simon, you asked for peoples phone numbers, I actually operate a works number so unfortunatly cannot offer you this, however if you care to send me yours ile happily ring you.

Jamo

Last edited by Jamo; 07 April 2004 at 08:08 PM.
Old 07 April 2004, 08:13 PM
sti555
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Road Rally
You know sod all about the sport, you know sod all about the types of sections that make up a road rally, therefore how do you know you didn't cause any problems.

Did you go to designated spectator areas only, did you actually contribute to the running of the rally one iota?

All road rally cars have been checked on the night prior to taking part, were your cars all checked that night?

If you are told you are not welcome, why come to the next one? If you are interested join a club, marshal, even take part but DO NOT follow an event as you will cause problems, which bit of that do you not understand?

Anybody who calls themselves a car enthusiast will want to safeguard the future of the sport not turn up where they are not welcome.

I am involved with the Pendle event and you and your like are not welcome, go to McDonalds and pick up 14 year old slappers instead.
Road Runner,

WE WERE NOT COMPETING YOU PR1CK... hence no need to get our cars checked..

AFIAK anyone is allowed on the roads regardless...

Spectator areas, I assume parking up with 20+ people with umbrellas is a Spectator area??, correct me if I'm wrong..

WTF why would I want a 14 y o slapper??..

Can't wait for the Pendle event, hopefully I will be competing & enjoying the event like 'most' people, perhaps we can have a 'chat' then??
Old 07 April 2004, 08:13 PM
Road Rally
Scooby Newbie

In the 70s and 80s road rallying was massive and works spec cars would take part, but all that changed, and one of the biggest single factor was because of spectators.

You could be responsible for the loss of the sport, hands up which of you wants that? If you do then you are a sad tosser who would be better playing Gran Tourismo at home.

As I have said already the only people welcome are marshals and crews, if you are not any of these then **** off you're not wanted.
Old 07 April 2004, 08:17 PM
sti555
Scooby Regular

Road runner...

From what you say, Spectators are NOT WELCOME??
Old 07 April 2004, 08:18 PM
Road Rally
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by sti555
Road Runner,

WE WERE NOT COMPETING YOU PR1CK... hence no need to get our cars checked..

AFIAK anyone is allowed on the roads regardless...

Spectator areas, I assume parking up with 20+ people with umbrellas is a Spectator area??, correct me if I'm wrong..

WTF why would I want a 14 y o slapper??..

Can't wait for the Pendle event, hopefully I will be competing & enjoying the event like 'most' people, perhaps we can have a 'chat' then??
Our cars are checked so we know they are quiet, not so with yours, would you usually be driving past homes at 3am in that area?

There was no spectator areas, well done you fell into a trap, why do you think there is no speccies?

I doubt you have a licence, but our event excludes 4x4 turbos (that's another Road Rallying rule you see) so I don't think you will be.

So far you are proving my point you know sod all about nothing, oh and you're still not welcome.

Quick Reply: derbyshire tour tonight!! just found out about it!