Midlands (England) Midlands Meetings & Events

ALARM ALARM ALARM

Search this Thread

Old 21 October 2021, 06:17 AM
westwoap1980
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ALARM ALARM ALARM

Guys, just bought 2 weeks ago an 05 sti Blob. Cars been fine until last night my 1st key fob stopped working. I changed the battery but still nothing. The key opens the door and turns the ignition on but the immobilizer and alarm are blaring. My wife's spare didn't work to start with. Assuming it was the battery we replaced that and hers does not work either. So basically I'm stuck .
I've seen loads of options to try and was wondering if you had any personal experience that worked. The keys are 1 button square and look awkward in terms of fitment but I found a little bit of green gel around one of the buttons so cleaned it up. Didn't Make a difference. I'm a noob so feel free to slam me down on where to go and post this.
I don't have the code and I guess I don't have a working key anymore or it's just not reprogrammed
Any common solutions before I have to go to Subaru and fork out 300 quid for £8 worth of tech
Much appreciated.

W
Old 21 October 2021, 07:57 AM
johno01
Scooby Regular

Received 670 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by westwoap1980
Guys, just bought 2 weeks ago an 05 sti Blob. Cars been fine until last night my 1st key fob stopped working. I changed the battery but still nothing. The key opens the door and turns the ignition on but the immobilizer and alarm are blaring. My wife's spare didn't work to start with. Assuming it was the battery we replaced that and hers does not work either. So basically I'm stuck .
I've seen loads of options to try and was wondering if you had any personal experience that worked. The keys are 1 button square and look awkward in terms of fitment but I found a little bit of green gel around one of the buttons so cleaned it up. Didn't Make a difference. I'm a noob so feel free to slam me down on where to go and post this.
I don't have the code and I guess I don't have a working key anymore or it's just not reprogrammed
Any common solutions before I have to go to Subaru and fork out 300 quid for £8 worth of tech
Much appreciated.

W
SIR DON should be along soon with your options mate
Old 21 October 2021, 08:07 AM
johno01
Scooby Regular

Received 670 Likes on 519 Posts

Once you get a key working WITH THE IMMOBILISER then message IMMOTEC on here and he will sort your spare out for a very good price. You won’t have this problem again