Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

My 2006 WRX Being Remapped

Search this Thread

Old 22 January 2014, 01:36 PM
Kenny_Powers
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 2006 WRX Being Remapped

Thought It was time that I posted a couple of pics of my pride and joy. I've got a Scoobyworld Sti replica wing to go on it next, it's being sprayed this week

Old 22 January 2014, 01:52 PM
Cpt Jack Sparrow
Scooby Regular

And the results were??????

think of doing this for mine, I did not realise Ingigo did maps, used to take my Evo there all the time....

Ant was a star a resolving a couple of anoying issues.....

Handy having family just around the corner from there when you live in bedfordshire....

Old 22 January 2014, 01:56 PM
TheWaterboy
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes, I'm interested in getting mine done too! What mods do you have on the car and how much are you expecting. Also what map is being used and how many pennies?
Old 22 January 2014, 04:53 PM
Kedlestone
Scooby Regular

Open source mapping is usually for £350. If you go down the ecutek route it's more like £550 or there abouts.

A stage 1 remap with a cat back exhaust and performance panel filter should see around 260-270, depending on the health of the motor.

Stage 2, a TD04 hybrid turbo with a remap should see closer to 290-300 but your topping out the injectors around that point and the WRX TMIC also starts to be a limiting factor, although good for this stage.

Stage 3, larger injectors ie, STI pinks 550's, a up rated fuel pump such as a Walbro 255, larger turbo such as a vf34, td05 or similar, STI TMIC and full decat exhaust system or full decat with sports cat 100 cell downpipe. With remap you should see circa 320-340bhp again depending on motor health.

Stage 3 will put a lot more strain on your gearbox and transmission so bare this in mind if going this far. Also braking will need upgrading ideally from stage 1 onwards.

I would say if your are going to do any of these stages is to change the uppipe as soon as your able to a decat version. The cats in the OEM pipes are know for breaking there welds and can cause a fair bit of damage to your turbo as it breaks up. Mine did just this but I caught it in time before it had a chance to break up. The signs are a slight rattle under low revs and then it will stop higher up the rev band.

I did stages 1 and 3 over 5 years of ownership. Enjoy!

Last edited by Kedlestone; 22 January 2014 at 04:56 PM.
Old 22 January 2014, 05:11 PM
BrownPantsRacing
Scooby Regular

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

06 WRX injectors already 550's as standard. Also 06 WRX 2.5 engines have no cat in the up pipe as standard, so no need to change.

I went from standard straight to stage 3 and upgraded brakes at the same time!
Old 22 January 2014, 10:09 PM
Kenny_Powers
Scooby Regular

Mods are Afterburner turbo back decat system with 3" down pipe, 2.5" mid section, and 3" Afterburner Raptor backbox, which sounds amazing....or as my mother in law describes it, sounds like a lions roar lol! Also a K&N panel filter and Walbro 255lph fuel pump. The map is ECUtek and cost £500. All the performace mods and remap togerther were around £1200. The car has been totally transformed compared to standard and pins you to the seat in every gear. I haven't timed 0-60 but 60-100 is 7 seconds, about the same as BMW M3, so not bad. Power is 260 bhp at 4900 rpm and 310 lb ft pf torque at 3900 rpm. I was hoping for a little more than that though and there is a thread all about it here- https://www.scoobynet.com/engine-man...l#post11331579

Don't get me wrong, although the car hasn't made quite as much power as I had hoped for, it is like having a totally different car after the remap. Boost comes on really low down and it pulls smoothly but like a train all the way to 5000 rpm.

Last edited by Kenny_Powers; 22 January 2014 at 10:12 PM.
Old 22 January 2014, 10:16 PM
Kenny_Powers
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Cpt Jack Sparrow
And the results were??????

think of doing this for mine, I did not realise Ingigo did maps, used to take my Evo there all the time....

Ant was a star a resolving a couple of anoying issues.....

Handy having family just around the corner from there when you live in bedfordshire....

Hi mate, yep, they are a good bunch at Indigo. Funnily enough I'm from not far from Bedfordshire originally. My home town is Hemel Hempstead, but I moved to Wales for work in 2012.
Old 22 January 2014, 10:19 PM
BrownPantsRacing
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Kenny_Powers
Hi mate, yep, they are a good bunch at Indigo. Funnily enough I'm from not far from Bedfordshire originally. My home town is Hemel Hempstead, but I moved to Wales for work in 2012.
Small world. I'm a Tring boy! Work in Berko.
Old 22 January 2014, 10:20 PM
Kedlestone
Scooby Regular

I used to live in Hemel
Old 22 January 2014, 10:24 PM
BrownPantsRacing
Scooby Regular

Hemel is the centre of the world!!!
Old 22 January 2014, 10:27 PM
Kedlestone
Scooby Regular

Hmm, well it has a centre...not much else. Used to see a few impreza's on the morning commute. Went to a few MSOC meets back in the day to, nice bunch.
Old 22 January 2014, 10:29 PM
Kenny_Powers
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BrownPantsRacing
Small world. I'm a Tring boy! Work in Berko.
Ha, it is a small world! I did wonder where abouts you were from when I saw Herts on your profile. I go back to Hemel often so maybe you will see me blasting down the A41 some time! Fast road that is!

Originally Posted by Kedlestone
I used to live in Hemel
Hi Keddlestone, where abouts in Hemel? I still have a flat in the old town, it's only a studio flat and the rent I get from it pays for the 3 bed detached house with garage and en suite that I live in, in Wales. Property prices are the main reason I took up the job offer in Wales, you get more than twice the property for your money. Did you go to school in Hemel? I went to Adeyfield.....
Old 22 January 2014, 10:32 PM
Kedlestone
Scooby Regular

Yeah parents still live there, gadebridge area near the park. Used to get a few coming up our street daily. Mine was always parked on the street, our neighbour had one of the first hatch sti's also, now we have one to our little collection Never schooled there, lived in St. Albans previously so did my school years there mainly.