Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

Another SECS plus my MP3.......

Search this Thread

Old 10 June 2003, 07:18 PM
JohnMcC
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Nothing too amazingly new but I thought I would share nonetheless.

I now have my Dension Mp3 player and SECS almost in place in my MY03 (it all has to come out again to get the oil press/temp functions connected so I may swap it around and see which way fits/looks best then) so I thought some of you gadget freaks may be interested.

Old 10 June 2003, 07:28 PM
PSI3
Scooby Regular

Cool

Looks good John.
Simon
Old 10 June 2003, 08:28 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts
Very nice sir.
Old 11 June 2003, 06:53 AM
rb5 286
Scooby Regular

do u find u can read the display of the secs ok or is it too low?

i think they should make a mount that angles it towards the drivers position. reducing glare and reflection and enhancing the drivers vision of it.

when i get one for my RB5 this is what i plan to do, top dash mounted and angled over.

i think u will probably find having the secs unit above the stereo will be better IMO

Old 11 June 2003, 10:33 AM
S55cooby
Scooby Regular

Lookin good

Do they do the secs unit in any other colour - maybe black or carbon? And what do u think of the Dension MP3 unit - was lookin at getting one myself; is it easy to download stuff onto? How easy is it to search thru what u have stored on it??

Matt
Old 11 June 2003, 11:18 AM
JohnMcC
Scooby Regular

rb5 286 - I find it absolutely fine there - I had no trouble reading the displays yesterday. It might be easier to see above the head unit but then might that then make the headunit harder to see operate (especially as I have to navigate through my mp3s)???

However, one reason why I may swap them over is to see if they fit a little better. You can see above, and I have seen on pictures of other, that the bottom corners stick out very slightly. It may be similar with the headunit there but it may look a little better as it is not completely flat like the SECS.

But overall, I can see it fine.
Old 11 June 2003, 11:30 AM
JohnMcC
Scooby Regular

S55cooby - although it looks very light, that SECS is actually silver. I think the only other colour they do is black.

Having said that, it looks like it is only some kind of stuck on facia (although it also incorporates a plastic cover for the display) - but I'm sure someone somewhere could fabricate something in carbon sheeting or whatever you wanted. May be worth actually giving the guys at http://www.psi3.co.uk/ a call to see if this would be possible at all?

The Dension is great too. I chose this for convenience - it has a 20gb hard drive that slots into the head unit when the front flips down. But there are other configurations it can work with (with the separate and bigger 80gb hard drive) - with after market head units, factory ones etc...(although you need a small satellite display which is about 1/2 the size of a single din unit if you want to make use of all the functions). Then there is also the cd/tuner Dension head unit with the external 80gb drive.

In my case, the 20 gb hard drive couldnt be simpler to put music on. It comes tith a USB lead so you just whack that in, and copy accross your mp3s from your computer. I believe its equally as easy with the other various setups.

Searching through stuff is easy, you just have to make sure that you organise your files sensibly. Ie if you have a random list of artists it could get messy, but dividing it alphabeticcaly, by genre etc makes things really straightforward. But you can do stuff like 'Myradio' which will basically be a playlist and so on.

I certainly havent really got a bad thing to say about either unit to be honest - I'm very happy with them so far!

Thanks for your kind comments guys,

John

[Edited by JohnMcC - 6/11/2003 11:33:09 AM]

[Edited by JohnMcC - 6/11/2003 11:36:21 AM]
Old 06 October 2003, 07:52 PM
JohnMcC
Scooby Regular

Thank you

BTW, I just returned your call (well, I presume it was yourself ) re: fax number and left my details with a very nice young lady.

[Edited by JohnMcC - 6/10/2003 8:12:59 PM]