Notices
Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

Fastest and the most powerfull WRX In North America (Currently)

Search this Thread

Old 19 August 2001, 01:03 AM
Imprezer
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
12.8sec@105.5mph 1/4 mile
4.4 0-60mph

Mods:

CUSCO OS Front Strut Bar
CUSCO CB Rear Strut Bar
CUSCO Rear Triangular Bar
CUSCO 22mm 3-pt Adj. Rear Sway Bar
CUSCO 22mm Front Sway Bar
CUSCO Front Lower Arm bar
CUSCO Rear Lateral Bar Links
CUSCO Rear Trailing Rods
CUSCO Shifter Bushings
CUSCO 4.6kg Chromoly Flywheel
CUSCO Rocket Clutch
CUSCO 3.5" Downpipe
CUSCO Muffler Hangers
BOZZ SPEED 3.5" Titanium Exuast System (not on pic)
STi Seats
Kartboy Kustoms Shifter
DEFI Boost, EGT, Fuel Pressure
Vishnu TEC II Kit
Vishnu Uppipe
17x8 +38 Volk Racing TE37's
225/45/17 Yokohama AVS Sports
Big Brembo Brake Kit (40/44 4-Pot Caliper, 332x32mm Drilled Rotors)
Goodridge SS Brake Lines
ZERO SPORTS BTZ201 Full Body Conversion Kit (Aero Tunnel Tested)
ZERO SPORTS Cool Radiator Plate
IHI VF-22 (Diying, Screaming POS. Soon to be BOZZ SPEED X5+P Turbo)

Comments (Bad and Good) and questions are welcome.

-Alex
Old 19 August 2001, 01:11 AM
LEE P
Scooby Regular

Wink

Look pretty mean that one! goes like **** off a shovel too! whos is trhe 928 porker ?
Lee
Old 19 August 2001, 01:46 AM
14,500rpm
Scooby Regular

luv this

TITANIUM EXHAUST!!!! eek!

how much power are you making with those mods?

14,500rpm
Old 19 August 2001, 09:35 AM
robman
Scooby Regular

From the rear 3/4 view it looks absolutely the mutts nuts (that's a compliment, btw). Would prefer morrettes on the front as I'm still not used to the bug eyed lamps. Colour is lovely too with the anthracite wheels.

Has it been lowered, or is it just the lighting?

Definitely has that "track monster" look rather than the rally car look we tend to go for over here.

Nice

robman
Old 19 August 2001, 02:10 PM
Danny Fisher
Scooby Regular

Really like the rear spoiler. Very nice motor.

Dan
Old 19 August 2001, 03:06 PM
Ian Cook
Scooby Regular

Alex, you have obviously been busy since you got it !!!
Old 19 August 2001, 03:15 PM
Nathan L
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Alex
Not too sure about the gear lever and gaiter Looks very mean other than that
How much do you pay for the Defi Guages and pods in the States ?

Nathan..
Old 19 August 2001, 09:50 PM
Scooby-Duke
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Alex,

Gets a thumbs up from me as well, triffic looking Scoob (Soob, as you guys seem to say over the pond)

Shame your over in CA as we are in Florida in a couple of weeks time,

regards...Dave
Old 19 August 2001, 10:35 PM
WREXY
Scooby Regular

Cool

Very nice Imprezer, Great times too.
Where did you get the seats?

WREXY.
Old 20 August 2001, 08:48 AM
Squizz
Scooby Regular

Talking

Fantastic!

I was waiting for the US of A to start getting decent Impreza versions. I wonder how much of its popularity over there is due to Sony and the Playstations 1 & 2 ?

Stunning mods. But what's your bag? Just 1/4 mile on the strip or a stretch of tarmac with corners in it?

Cheers,
Squizz.
(Limey!)
Old 21 August 2001, 04:59 AM
fluffybunny
Scooby Newbie

Unhappy

i can't speak for Imprezer, but i can guess his answer, which prolly applies to most of the scooby drivers here in the states, but...

pretty much the accepted form of automotive currency in the states is 0-60mph and 1-4 mile times. it's prolly residual effects of the muscle car craze.

that and the lack of access to road courses. and the lack of one course to use as a benchmark. and the size of the country (even if there were courses to drive on a regular basis, it would be a ridiculously long drive to get there from most places.)

here's some real life examples of the distances: i live in the middle of the country, Imprezer lives in California, on the west coast. if i were to drive there, it would take me about 25.5 hours straight driving time. 1549 miles. one way. it looks like i could drive from Portsmouth to Glasgow and back, and then go north again in about the same distance. that's a rough estimate.

i wish i lived in the UK and could go to all the cool track days you guy get to go to. or even do the trips that "evo" magazine has to the different tracks around Europe.

that and you have more twisty roads. i can drive west on the major road outside of my neighborhood for 3 hours and have to touch the steering wheel about 8 times total to turn. and still be only 40% of the way across my state.

does that illustrate the differences enough to help you understand the reason we talk about 1/4 mile times and not track times? it's not that we don't want to drive on tracks, it's just that it'll prolly be and oval if it's anything...and really...how hard is it to turn left?
Old 21 August 2001, 08:30 AM
Squizz
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Thanks for replying fluffybunny...

Your quote of 25.5 hours really puts it into perspective for me, as I too live in the middle of the country and to get to the coast across most of the mid/south of the country would take me 1/10th of that time!

Getting to most circuits in England (Ignoring Scotland for the moment ) takes no more than that as well.

I would imagine that as the popularity of the car increases over there, that you may find clubs more local to you doing rally events on private land?

I know the non-turbo Impreza had a bit of a cult following over there, but do you think the new WRX will take over from those damn Hondas as the new car to have for the "hip & happening, crazy kids" ?

Cheers,
Squizz.
(In Worcester, surrounded by twisty roads & hat wearing old people driving Honda civics!)
Old 21 August 2001, 11:17 AM
blubell
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

It may not be anything like the milage but on a bad day driving from Portsmouth to Glasgow could take 25 hours!

Straight line speeds are great but I have never before driven in a country where you can be on a road where you havnt seen another vehicle for half an hour and come across a police car that waiting to catch you for speeding.
Old 21 August 2001, 05:24 PM
fluffybunny
Scooby Newbie

squizz,

i'll hope and i'll pray that there becomes a larger group of people that would let us drive on their land. it's not like it's in extremely short supply here... but seriously, there is also the "i'll sue you" mentality that keeps people from allowing things like that. you'de have to write a pretty loophole-less legal waiver before you'd let anyone rally in the back yard.

i painted sort of the negative extreme of the situation here, but i think you get my point. IMHO it will get better, but it will take more than a couple "cult cars" to change the prospects. i think a much greater awareness of motorsport would be the most beneficial. and i'm refering to more than NASCAR. i would like to see more WRC, F1, and a few more of the rally or road course events getting attention here. then people would see that there is so much out there in terms of motorsports entertainment that oval track racing might really appear as it truely is, boring. (i don't sound like i've got an opinion, do i?)

and on the bright side, we do have the SCCA (Sports Car Club of America) and their programs. Solo II (solo, timed racing, on very tight courses, usually made in parking lots.) is probably one of the coolest things we've got going right now. check out
Old 21 August 2001, 08:36 PM
JaMa
Scooby Newbie

Angry

I'm just popping in here to agree with Fluffybunny - we have a terrible lack of interest in this country for any motorsport that does not involve fat guys driving lowered pickup trucks or stock-cars (NASCAR) going like a scalded dog around in circles at 180+ mph.

I dont really have the twisty road problem. I live in the Colorado Front range area where you can easily drive 20 minutes and be in some of the twistiest roads in North America. Plus, they are straight up with 6000 foot drops all around. (real men dont need guardrails) We just did a trip up the Pike's Peak highway Sunday (14200 feet above sea level, dirt most of the way, no guardrails - yikes!)

So, I keep up to date by reading rally mags, "CAR", "TopGear" and "MaxPower" among others just to keep up to the moment on what you blokes across the pond are doing to your cars. I must say that compared to the UK group, the US is without a clue. Its a bunch of ***** with Honduhs and Mustangs seeing how quick they can cover a 1/4 mile.... Woohoo.

BTW Imprezer, your car is looking just SICK these days - not really into the body kit, but definitely the rest is looking good!!

JaMa
Old 21 August 2001, 10:08 PM
icthus
Scooby Newbie

Alex is my Hero!!!
Old 21 August 2001, 10:33 PM
wrx.co.uk
Scooby Regular

Question

Nice to see something from the USA.

How much is the showroom price for the latest wrx over there.
Old 22 August 2001, 08:51 AM
Squizz
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Nice to know there's some like-minded people across the pond!

I'm going to a wedding in Boston in October, and may just post something on i-Club to see if there's a meet happening in New England whilst I'm there, just to say "Hi".

I used to read a few American magazines, but that was mainly because I was interested (and still am) in decent Hot-Rods and Customised cars. But then I love V8's more than anything - I used to drive a TR7V8 (Rover/Buick 218ci).

I'm very interested to hear that guys such as yourselves read some magazines that to me, seem very oriented toward a British audience...
Old 22 August 2001, 10:42 AM
rsquire
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

So what's it Dyno'd at???

Being the most powerful WRX in the USA

[This message has been edited by rsquire (edited 22 August 2001).]
Old 22 August 2001, 11:53 AM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Cool

I feel sorry for you Americans, (not being patronising) but you have a massive country and still nowhere to do any serious driving, your race tracks are boring and your speed limit is way to slow. As for distance I live 3 hours south of the Nürburgring and just under an hour from Hockenheimring which are great tracks and also the autobahn to get there is speed limit free so I can thrash the scoob up there aswell.

JaMa,

Are you anywhere near Ft Collins? coz if I move to the US that is probably where I will be going, is it worth bringing my LHD euro scoob with me or will I get into to much trouble with the law and also find driving it boring.

Cheers

Steve

[This message has been edited by Wurzel (edited 22 August 2001).]
Old 22 August 2001, 01:26 PM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Wink

Richard

Imprezer......hmmmm....that's a familiar name - should we try and charge him for posting here LOL
Old 22 August 2001, 05:48 PM
JaMa
Scooby Newbie

Wurzel,

I am maybe 50 miles south of Fort Collins in the Denver metro area. Im not sure about your euro Scoob - if it would pass US Federalizations standards it would probably be pretty cool. Our government is pretty wack about that stuff so I dont know all the details.

Squizz, I really read the UK and EURO magazines because I think the US is way clueless when it comes to the state of motorsport and transportation in general. People here, in general, like things big. We like big V8 engines havily detuned with soft suspension and seating for 10. We are lazy, fat and dont really like to drive. I watch the UK because I love cars like the Citroen Xsara, the TVR stuff, the Opel GT (which is not even sold here) the FIAT turbo Coupe (also not sold here) and of course anything all wheel drive from Subaru or Mitsubishi. I have been a Volkswagen driver here for many years because it has been the only semi-reliable automobile available with some sense of European flair. Yes, I have been ridiculed for not driving a 3 ton GMC pickup truck, but I have never cared. I love the fast, small cars which handle well.

So, I guess I am a bit of an exception to the general rule here. Still, I think motorsport in the US has room to grow and people are interested in it. It just needs to be publicized better than it has been.

JaMa
Old 23 August 2001, 07:33 PM
Racerinlsl
Scooby Newbie

blablabla...never mind.

Chad

[This message has been edited by Racerinlsl (edited 23 August 2001).]
Old 24 August 2001, 08:57 AM
Squizz
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Racerinlsl:
<B>blablabla...never mind.

Chad
[/quote]

...That, Ladies & Gentlemen was your edification for the day!