Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

Making a Sport Look Good!?

Search this Thread

Old 11 January 2015, 11:25 PM
Screwbie
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Making a Sport Look Good!?

Figured I'd be making one of these sooner or later as I do with all of my cars on their relevant forums!

I always write too much in these, so i'll try to keep this thread short and sweet. Oh and lots of photos, I like doing that

Starting with this, an 04 sport:

On went a set of S-techs (which I dont have a photo of as it still looks rubbish on 15s). Then I bought a set of BBS LM reps. 18x8.5 et35.

I really liked the look of them but didnt particularly rate the weight and uber budget tyres. They were also wide enough at the rear to require the arch lip rolled flat and I didnt have the heart in me to do that. Plus Im rather ham fisted with an arch roller. I would have happily bought new tyres but didnt want to spend the wheel money AGAIN on top for decent tyres for meh wheels. So these got advertised and sold to make way for these...

Work Meister S2R's. Spotted them on ebay and loved them. 17x7.5j et35 and they will be much better quality than the reps, not to forget the weight saving! "Slim" nuts have been bought in preparation for these and I am hoping to have them by the weekend. They will of course be getting thrown on as soon as they turn up rain or shine for a looky see

Thats all for the moment... Exhaust will be next I think when i have the money.
Old 12 January 2015, 11:15 AM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts

Looks good so far bud, nice alloys.
Old 12 January 2015, 08:09 PM
N/A Power
Scooby Regular

I love sports, the looks of the turbo without the insurance/ fuel prices. Well in my case I have worse mpg than a rx8 on my sport lol.
You've got the best colour aswell imo
Old 20 January 2015, 06:41 PM
Screwbie
Scooby Newbie

Wheels are on. Rubbish phone pics unfortunately. Specs in case anyone is interested:

17x7.5j ET35 and tyres are 225/45/17

They came with 215s and the original idea was to use them but there were 3 different brands, one being a ropey wing long loveyoulongtime thing so in the end decided to just bite the bullet and buy a set. Ended up with Toyo T1 Sports but wanted a wider tyre to get rid of the slight stretch of the 215s. It also brings the wheels out a bit and makes them look a lot wider. Plus i'd rather have the handling over the look.

Unfortunately in my great wisdom about getting wider tyres I failed to realise how close they were to the rear lips beforehand. So with a pretty rubby first drive on the new wheels I borrowed a mates arch roller and said goodbye to arch lips. I actually did a really good job and then undersealed them to keep them clean.

As much as i'd love to throw the peashooter in the nearest waste bin, exhaust isnt next on my list. I really want a decent lip for the front to make it look a hell of a lot lower than it looks right now. The standard front bumpers are really lacking when you see an sti v-ltd lip. So one of these and STI winglets are on the list.... Im also after rear spats. Basically fake lows So if anyone has then I am ready to buy!
Old 25 January 2015, 09:51 PM
N/A Power
Scooby Regular

What's the colour code on this? looked really dark in the first pic lol
Old 25 January 2015, 10:35 PM
Screwbie
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by N/A Power
What's the colour code on this? looked really dark in the first pic lol
I'm thinking it's 23w which is Pacifica blue metallic. Or that's what it looks like anyway. I'll need to have a look for the code in the door shut I just keep forgetting!

It is now despoilered with new plates. Bought some rear spats off here so all I need is a lip then paint!

Old 08 February 2015, 07:20 PM
Screwbie
Scooby Newbie

Got a prodrive cat back today for £50 I figure in a sport I don't want the exhaust to be obnoxious when it doesn't have the speed to match so I'm looking forward to putting this on..

Had no choice but to give her a clean seeing as she was two tone brown and blue.

And a better shot of the wheels

Payday rolls around on Friday so I have spats, skirts and winglets to be painted. Need to get a few quotes as I'm unsure on how much this will be. Then I'll get an Sti lip and hopefully be able to leave it alone for a while
Old 09 February 2015, 10:27 PM
south_scoob
Scooby Regular

Looking good so far but not keen on the plates though if im honest
Old 10 February 2015, 03:57 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts

Nice wheels look good. Not sure on despoil though.
Old 21 February 2015, 07:05 PM
Screwbie
Scooby Newbie

I think you were right about the rear plate at least, I've gone back to a uk one and the spoiler has gone back on because I much prefer it when the rear spats are on too.

Side skirts and front winglets (kas) are also on. Winglets were a pain to fit and still don't really fit right. Have a vltd lip to go on also but there is not a hope in hell that that will fit. Nothing lines up at all! Can't get any of it clipped/bolted into place because it won't fit the other side or the front.

Old 03 March 2015, 07:25 PM
Screwbie
Scooby Newbie

Old 04 March 2015, 09:03 PM
beef-on-the-bone
Scooby Regular

nice

pity the bbs' didn't work out

Last edited by beef-on-the-bone; 04 March 2015 at 09:05 PM. Reason: bbs
Old 05 March 2015, 11:46 AM
south_scoob
Scooby Regular

where did you get the rear spats ebay? i want some were they easy to fit? any better pictures

also why have you put those things on the roof

Last edited by south_scoob; 05 March 2015 at 11:48 AM.
Old 05 March 2015, 03:08 PM
Screwbie
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by beef-on-the-bone
nice

pity the bbs' didn't work out
Cheers! Aye they were good looking wheels but despite the Works not being the best specs I feel better having good quality wheels

Originally Posted by south_scoob
where did you get the rear spats ebay? i want some were they easy to fit? any better pictures

Bought them off "thetrooper" on here and had them painted. Couldn't tell you where they came from but they are polyurethane and really good quality. Fit was absolutely perfect. I can get some better photos tonight and post them up?

The roof bars are for my mountain bike since the weather is cheering up! So they are functional not just for looks haha, just need to stick my cycle carrier on. I've also bought a thule fairing for the front from the United States of Cheeseburgers and is being imported as we speak. Always loved the American style fairing set up
Old 07 March 2015, 07:06 PM
Screwbie
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by south_scoob