Notices

2004 blob wrx alarm/fob question

Search this Thread

Old 25 July 2012, 07:51 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Received 495 Likes on 339 Posts
Default 2004 blob wrx alarm/fob question

the wrx i should be getting next week has 2 fobs for the alarm but only 1 works so obviously i shall replace the battery 1st but if that doesnt fix it does it need re-coding? if so is there a way you can do it yourself? the seller was saying something about you can open the car with the key should both fobs fail and he says there is a panel which you remove to turn the alarm off but that seems like a right ball-ache,i would sooner have 2 working fobs
Old 25 July 2012, 07:59 PM
Wilky_Boy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi mate. Yeah there is a number panel and assuming you have the PIN you can do various different things to the alarm, including adding another fob. It's really straightforward mate, just make sure you have the PIN !!!! Hope this helps.

Paul.
Old 25 July 2012, 08:03 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Wilky_Boy
Hi mate. Yeah there is a number panel and assuming you have the PIN you can do various different things to the alarm, including adding another fob. It's really straightforward mate, just make sure you have the PIN !!!! Hope this helps.

Paul.
oh right-sweet,so it shouldnt be too costly then? if i have not got the pin is it ££££££££££££££££
Old 25 July 2012, 08:07 PM
Wilky_Boy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have the PIN you do it yourself. I have a 2004 WRX and one of my fobs stopped working for no reason at all. I replaced the battery and still it didn't work. So I read the manual and followed the procedure to re-add the fob that wasn't working. It took about two minutes and it worked fine. If for some reason you don't have the manual let me know and I'll photocopy the page in mine. It's the PIN that is important. Don't know how you would do it without that.
Old 25 July 2012, 08:09 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Wilky_Boy
If you have the PIN you do it yourself. I have a 2004 WRX and one of my fobs stopped working for no reason at all. I replaced the battery and still it didn't work. So I read the manual and followed the procedure to re-add the fob that wasn't working. It took about two minutes and it worked fine. If for some reason you don't have the manual let me know and I'll photocopy the page in mine. It's the PIN that is important. Don't know how you would do it without that.
ok buddy cheers i will keep you in mind