ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Fuel rails for a 2004 blob 2.5

Search this Thread

Old 16 September 2015, 05:28 PM
scoobiesteve103
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel rails for a 2004 blob 2.5

Evening all I've just come back to subaru ownership after a stint in the dub world (not as good as it seems) and ive got a 2004 blob wrx with a forged 2.5 in it but the engine looks abit dull.on my classic I had parts powder coated and a parallel rail set up do any of you guys have some pictures of your bays to give me some inspiration on how to make a nice looking job of it lol. Also would any one be selling a set of rails (not over expensive trying to keep on the good side of the wife lol) with an-6 fittings that I can use on this project I have all the other parts just not the rails
Thanks in advance
Steve

Last edited by scoobiesteve103; 16 September 2015 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Needed adjusting
Old 17 September 2015, 02:14 AM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Steve

Please have look on those pictures

Name:  IMG_1858.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  158.8 KB

Name:  IMG_1834.jpg
Size:  156.4 KB

Name:  IMG_1577Copy.jpg
Size:  156.4 KB

Name:  IMG_0526.jpg
Size:  159.1 KB

Name:  IMG_0527.jpg
Size:  151.9 KB

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura
Old 17 September 2015, 07:33 AM
scoobiesteve103
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jura11
Hi Steve

Please have look on those pictures

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura
Thanks jura for the reply,I like your bay it's understated but effective and clean looking. What effect dose the wrap on the intercooler pipes have? I'm running around 360 bhp with the hopes for 450 at a later date so would the wrap be worth it or is it more for looks 👍
Old 18 September 2015, 12:18 AM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobiesteve103
Thanks jura for the reply,I like your bay it's understated but effective and clean looking. What effect dose the wrap on the intercooler pipes have? I'm running around 360 bhp with the hopes for 450 at a later date so would the wrap be worth it or is it more for looks 👍
Hi Steve

Really depends,but I would start with small bits like powdercoating few bits like alternator,header tank,replacing old rusted bolts for better or new one,i think someone over here makes those bolts kits,they're worth the money

Second bit is powdercoating inlet manifold,if you will be adding fuel rails,then i would paint or powdercoat inlet manifold,this will make difference in appearance

Wrapping FMIC we are never liked look of the silver hoses,this can make difference in lower temps if you will wrap inlet/hot side of FMIC

About the good fuel rails,what inlet manifold do you running ? If you have JDM STI one,then you can run to issues as only who makes those fuel rails is CDF,in past we are run CDF rails which are been spotless on our wagon,friend runnning cheap eBay rails and he is very happy with them,I will ask him where he bought them and post the link

Good luck there and all the best luck with yours project

Thanks,Jura
Old 19 September 2015, 08:25 AM
AS Performance
Former Sponsor

tut, tut, Jura.........how could you forget about little old us

we do various engineering and correctly machined / engineered components including high quality billet fuel rails and also offer a kit to suit the 1pce JDM/Spec-C manifolds
Old 19 September 2015, 10:02 AM
scoobiesteve103
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jura11
Hi Steve

Really depends,but I would start with small bits like powdercoating few bits like alternator,header tank,replacing old rusted bolts for better or new one,i think someone over here makes those bolts kits,they're worth the money

Second bit is powdercoating inlet manifold,if you will be adding fuel rails,then i would paint or powdercoat inlet manifold,this will make difference in appearance

Wrapping FMIC we are never liked look of the silver hoses,this can make difference in lower temps if you will wrap inlet/hot side of FMIC

About the good fuel rails,what inlet manifold do you running ? If you have JDM STI one,then you can run to issues as only who makes those fuel rails is CDF,in past we are run CDF rails which are been spotless on our wagon,friend runnning cheap eBay rails and he is very happy with them,I will ask him where he bought them and post the link

Good luck there and all the best luck with yours project

Thanks,Jura
Thanks again jura really helpful info and I'm keen to learn more as I go along. I want to say sadly my scoob is just a UK wrx but the the last owner laid the foundations of a cracking car that I have to finish lol. It's got a enginetuner fully forged 2.5 vf35 3" turbo back dark blue injectors hks fmic alcateck ecu probs mist stuff out as I havnt got the spec sheet to hand. I'm part of the scoobybits subaru club cornwall on fb and they have some top cars there so would like mine up there with the best but the plan is to get the bodywork done and get the engine bay looking the nuts for the next seson and then go 6 speed bigger turbo and brakes ect so plenty to do so bare with me 😂👍 will try and get a pic up
Old 19 September 2015, 10:04 AM
scoobiesteve103
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AS Performance

we do various engineering and correctly machined / engineered components including high quality billet fuel rails and also offer a kit to suit the 1pce JDM/Spec-C manifolds
Thanks for the reply, do you have a website I could have a look at or a link I could follow please
Old 19 September 2015, 10:07 AM
scoobiesteve103
Scooby Regular

Ot was in a poor state when i bought it but its slowly getting there

As you can see the bay is as bland as it gets
Old 20 September 2015, 01:03 AM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Hi Alyn

Sorry about that,I totally forgot on you as I know you are now making those parts
Those rails are hard to get(for Spec C manifolds),last time only Carl Davey made them and when I want them,he has been away

Thanks,Jura

Thanks again jura really helpful info and I'm keen to learn more as I go along. I want to say sadly my scoob is just a UK wrx but the the last owner laid the foundations of a cracking car that I have to finish lol. It's got a enginetuner fully forged 2.5 vf35 3" turbo back dark blue injectors hks fmic alcateck ecu probs mist stuff out as I havnt got the spec sheet to hand. I'm part of the scoobybits subaru club cornwall on fb and they have some top cars there so would like mine up there with the best but the plan is to get the bodywork done and get the engine bay looking the nuts for the next seson and then go 6 speed bigger turbo and brakes ect so plenty to do so bare with me 😂👍 will try and get a pic up
Hi Steve

Don't worry and really I would start bit by bit and then you will see,foundations you have great and as per other projects I would go slowly

I would start with basic bits and upgrades and then I would go with power upgrades...

For 2.5L then I would go with SC46 or MDX321T those turbo will work very nicely on yours and for engine bay,you will see...

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura

Ot was in a poor state when i bought it but its slowly getting there

As you can see the bay is as bland as it gets
Hi Steve

I think front and rear bumper are Chargespeed and I always like those bumpers on Blobs

What will make difference on yours are better wheels like XXR 530 or Rota etc and about the engine bay you will see,we are always went with black,this we are always like it and on yours you will see,better inlet manifold something like STI one will bring color to yours engine bay and few braided lines/hoses will looks good too and as I told you get full bolt kit from over here and I would powdercoat header tank etc

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura
Old 21 September 2015, 09:16 AM
AS Performance
Former Sponsor

we have the rights to manufacture and distribute the Carl Davey Design range also Jura.............

any queries simply call or mail the office direct
Old 21 September 2015, 09:33 AM
scoobiesteve103
Scooby Regular

we have the rights to manufacture and distribute the Carl Davey Design range also Jura.............

any queries simply call or mail the office direct
Hi buddy there's nothing on your site about the rails what price are they please