Notices

need help getting genuine subaru knock sensor to Slovenia!!

Search this Thread

Old 12 December 2011, 08:43 PM
superhero
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow need help getting genuine subaru knock sensor to Slovenia!!

just wondering if anyone on this board (retailers) are willing to send me a Genuine Subaru knock sensor? 22060AA061. I can pay with paypal or credit card.

they are 120 EUR here but originals are about 60-70 pounds in the UK. Can't find an ebay retailer willing to send genuine knock sensor to Slovenia. Saving approx 40 EUR after shippings costs is big for me! Will allow me to spend the money on some MT and diff fluid.

I am assuming that I should stay away from the Pulse 8 stuff?

Thanks in advance!
Daniel
Old 12 December 2011, 10:16 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Your problem will be delivery.

People no longer wnat to take a risk on posting stuff to ex-soviet bloc countries, where stuff gets "lost" and the sender ends up out of pocket. Sorry, harsh but true.

Why not offer to send actual Euros to someone. (I've done this in a padded envelope before and they got there pefect.) They will post the K/S to you and everyone will be happy. But if it goes missing, YOU took the risk, you take the hit?
You wouldn't be able to demand, or get your money back like credit card or Paypal, which seems to favour scammers.
Now no-one is saying YOU are a scammer, but you see the difficulty?
Old 13 December 2011, 05:32 AM
superhero
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by alcazar
Your problem will be delivery.

People no longer wnat to take a risk on posting stuff to ex-soviet bloc countries, where stuff gets "lost" and the sender ends up out of pocket. Sorry, harsh but true.

Why not offer to send actual Euros to someone. (I've done this in a padded envelope before and they got there pefect.) They will post the K/S to you and everyone will be happy. But if it goes missing, YOU took the risk, you take the hit?
You wouldn't be able to demand, or get your money back like credit card or Paypal, which seems to favour scammers.
Now no-one is saying YOU are a scammer, but you see the difficulty?
I won't get off point too far but... Slovenia has been in the EU for quite a few years already and we are not really like some of the sketchier eastern bloc countries... (we were part of former Yugoslavia, not former Soviet Union).

Yes, shipping is a problem! That's why I always ask the vendors (even on Ebay) to use registered post if possible - although until now even regular post items were no problem (Royal Mail). I am more than willing to pay in advance (wire transfer, PayPal or credit card) on a pro-forma invoice if any vendors are up for it?

the other big problem is availability in Slovenia... very few subarus and so even aftermarket parts for my car are scarce and double the price you guys pay in the UK. Can't even get a timing belt kit for my car which is on my Christmas list!

Anyhow any help from a vendor would be appreciated...

regards
Daniel (expat from Canada living in Slovenia)
Old 13 December 2011, 09:44 AM
MDS_WRX
Scooby Regular

Try http://www.importcarparts.co.uk (info@japanesecarimports.net), they're just up the road from me and usually very helpful. They've got them on their site at £55 and with postage at around £15 (if they will post it for you) then you should hopefully save quite a bit.

You could even get someone to pick one up and send it if you don't find a dealer that will post, but you obviously run the risk of trusting someone you don't know.
Old 13 December 2011, 02:19 PM
superhero
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by MDS_WRX
Try http://www.importcarparts.co.uk (info@japanesecarimports.net), they're just up the road from me and usually very helpful. They've got them on their site at £55 and with postage at around £15 (if they will post it for you) then you should hopefully save quite a bit.

You could even get someone to pick one up and send it if you don't find a dealer that will post, but you obviously run the risk of trusting someone you don't know.
I have also seen them in my searches and it was recommended by another member here as well... gonna write them an e-mail and ask if I can pay via wire transfer or something based on a pro-forma invoice...

thanks for the recommendation - they seem to be the best bet although they don't include Slovenia in the places they send worldwide...

Daniel
Old 13 December 2011, 03:16 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Hey Daniel, I wasn't knocking Slovenia, I just know some e-bay sellers and they won't post to ITALY, let alone Slovenia.

Hope you get sorted.
Old 13 December 2011, 06:27 PM
superhero
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by alcazar
Hey Daniel, I wasn't knocking Slovenia, I just know some e-bay sellers and they won't post to ITALY, let alone Slovenia.

Hope you get sorted.
when I first moved to Slovenia they would open my bank statements from Canada... talked to the Canadian Embassy and they said that it was common but that it was done at the postal hub somewhere else in Europe... well documented problem they said!

... but I plan to pay in advance and use registered mail so I think there should be no problem....

thanks anyhow!
Old 14 December 2011, 05:04 PM
superhero
Scooby Newbie

thanks for the responses... they said with advance payment and registered mail they will setup an account for me