My battery isnt holding any charge

Search this Thread

Old 25 September 2011, 11:55 AM
scoobynelly
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My battery isnt holding any charge

hello guys and girls,

i seem to have a rather annoing issue with my 1995 wrx wagon. i recently have had all the dashboard out and have had it all flocked.

when removing the dash i unclipped all wires the needed unclipping. i had to cut 2 alarm wires as they were looped around the dash. upon the refitting of my dash i have now joined those 2 back together.

i started the car atfer re-assembling and it seemed fine. i then drove it a few miles to check it over and it coughed, spluttered, and died.

i turned and turned it and the battery was as dead as dead can be. after a lift home, i recharged a spare battery all night, put it in and she fired up straight away.

by the time i got home, it was dead once again. my initial thoughts were that the altenator was buggered so i got another one and put it in yesterday. battery in, battery fine, this morning, dead again.

i now think i may have something draining the car while its off. the car has an alarm fitted but was fine prior to me removing the dashboard.

one thing i did notice was that my hazard lights work when the alarm goes on, but in car there not working from the stalk. the problem is that i have checked all the footwell fuses, and cannot find the problem anywhere.

tbh, it's pissing me off abit because it doesnt make sense. help, or similiar problems with others would be greatly appreciated.

i could take it to a garage, but im looking at hundreds as i know they all rip you off when it comes to wiring!

in bristol area if anyone near by could help a man in need out

cheers
Old 07 October 2011, 11:28 PM
bugeyejohn
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is your ignition light still working ,if i remember rightly if it doesnt the car wont charge.