Notices

Query??????

Search this Thread

Old 23 October 2007, 11:16 PM
chris1scouser
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Query??????

i own a 95 jdm sti wagon red top. it has been in the country since december 2006. it has never had a fog light i'm wondering how it was motd? could it be an oversight by the tester? also the rear lights are red white and yellow, the indicators should be white on this model shouldn't they?
Old 23 October 2007, 11:37 PM
Northern Nick
Scooby Regular

I take it you mean rear foglight, just checking.

The car should never have past the SVA on registering the vehicle without a rear foglight, unless it has been removed. Is there a switch for it?

There not bad to fit, its locating the switch neatly if you go for an after market switch.
Old 24 October 2007, 06:24 PM
chris1scouser
Scooby Regular

Default fog lights

there is a foglight switch on the car. the car has front fogs that work. i'll look under the car to see if the fog was there at some point and has come off. the back lenses on the tail lamps are still puzzling they should only be two cololurs red and white and not red white and yellow. any ideas on this?
Old 24 October 2007, 09:48 PM
Northern Nick
Scooby Regular

STi's had no yellow in the back lights, its standard set up for STi's.

It maybe has had a rear foglight but some dont like them them hanging off the bottom of the car and remove them.

I wired in a twin fillement fitting with the bulb and had the fog light in the back lights to do away with the "bolt on" foglight on my previous car, my this has been done and there is something wrong with the wiring, fuse, both bulbs out, bad connection??

Worth investigating the rear light area for wiring that is not bound into the origanal wiring loom, see if anything makes sense.
Old 24 October 2007, 09:48 PM
unfeasablylargegonads
Scooby Regular

I know a few peeps who have put their fog light on a bendable bit of metal, so when its not MOT time they bend it up under the back bumper.
Old 24 October 2007, 11:17 PM
chris1scouser
Scooby Regular

Default thanks

thanks for getting back to me on this issue. i know my car is an sti but its a wrx on the v5. so thats what the insurance has been told. the car has everything it should have climate, sti seats, nardi steering wheel, carbon strut brace and badging. just the tricolour rear lights. i'll have a root tomorrow for the fog lamp or remains in the usual place. the rear light modules must have been replaced with non sti items at some point. that makes me think that something happened once to the standard ones. i hope it wasn't serious. although the car is in exceptional condition for its age. only one small dent in the bodywork which is good for a senior citizen sti. also the alloys where changed for 15" ones at some point which make the car look like a pram. i'll change them soon hopefully because they are starting to get me down. thanks again for your help guys its i appreciate it.