Notices

TRACKER RESPONSIBLE FOR MANY NEW BATTERIES?

Search this Thread

Old 25 February 2006, 02:41 PM
galvin2
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TRACKER RESPONSIBLE FOR MANY NEW BATTERIES?

Given no responses to my 4296 thread went to archives for last 3 years (don't we have a search engine?!) and found 20 or more examples where I suspect (and so do a few others) the Culprit for flat batteries is Tracker.

Has anyone had a) A New Tracker fitted? or:
b) A Tracker ECU change?

Grateful for any evidence.

Galvin2
Old 25 February 2006, 08:36 PM
Chelspeed
Scooby Regular

Not the tracker in my case but another bit of electronics fitted in the UK after the cars are imported the Sigma alarm. Had a new Sigma alarm siren fitted in about 2003 to an MY02 car.

Symptoms were the battery would go flat in a few days left on the drive and the alarm would start random bleating noises. According to the dealer there are nicads (rechargeable batteries) in the siren so that even if someone disconnects the main battery the alarm can continue to work. These nicads were poorly and were never charging, they were taking power from the battery constantly until the main battery was flat. New siren box was apparenlty fitted and no problem after that.
Old 02 March 2006, 01:02 PM
Andy Murdoch
Scooby Regular

I keep my Scooby off the road in the winter and I've had several times when I've went to start (say after 2 weeks) and discovered the battery was flat (Varta that replaced the original Subaru battery). I always thought it was the Tracker but could it be the alarm, what's the solution and cost?

I thought about hooking up a trickle charger to keep the battery level up, I'm not sure who sells them.
Old 02 March 2006, 02:01 PM
scooby jay
Scooby Regular

Default Flat battery

Hello andy i use one of these
http://www.thegreenreaper.co.uk/ShowDetails.asp?id=761 its easy to use can be left days or weeks on end connected keeps battery topped up great bit of kit if the scoobys not in use for a while it comes with all the leads needed

Originally Posted by Andy Murdoch
I keep my Scooby off the road in the winter and I've had several times when I've went to start (say after 2 weeks) and discovered the battery was flat (Varta that replaced the original Subaru battery). I always thought it was the Tracker but could it be the alarm, what's the solution and cost?

I thought about hooking up a trickle charger to keep the battery level up, I'm not sure who sells them.
Old 02 March 2006, 08:49 PM
NXG
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scooby jay
Hello andy i use one of these
http://www.thegreenreaper.co.uk/ShowDetails.asp?id=761 its easy to use can be left days or weeks on end connected keeps battery topped up great bit of kit if the scoobys not in use for a while it comes with all the leads needed
Cracking bits of kit those Acumate chargers. Had one on the TVR and it kept the battery in that sweet despite being layed up for a few weeks at a time during the winter. That was with tracker, alarm and immobiliser fitted and the clock (which I swear drew more current than the stereo!!).
Old 02 March 2006, 10:05 PM
Muppet_No1
Scooby Newbie

Have had this problem for a while, just been coping with it - until now as I've just seen this (a solar powered trickle charger):

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...harger&doy=2m3

Sounds perfect (if you've got a garage with a window)!

Anyone tried this?
Old 22 March 2006, 01:49 PM
richardg
Scooby Regular

got one in my car. my battery dies now and then (usually when i've been away for a week or tow). i thought it was the amp draining the power

i bought the solar panel to mount on the rear shelf and connect thro' the vents into a power socket in the boot. one of many things i still haven't got round to yet! i just leave it on the dash when i'm on holiday these days and it seems to do the job