Track day today!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 22 April 2001, 08:35 PM
David L
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Well,
How did everyone get on today at the track day??

David L
Old 22 April 2001, 09:24 PM
SUNDAY DRIVER
Scooby Regular

Guys,
Just a post to say that I really enjoyed spectating at the track day today(My baby daughter seemed to like too!)It was good to meet the guys,Andy,Derek and Paul and thank Andy again for the very enjoyable passenger laps in the RB5.
Roll on Mondello !!!!!!

Old 23 April 2001, 12:58 AM
Mac's Power
Scooby Regular

Great day,

I'll post a longer one later but I'm on the laptop connected through my mobile so this one has to be brief.

Currently in search of new pads.

Paul.
Old 23 April 2001, 01:01 AM
TURBO7379
Scooby Regular

I had fantastic fun today . With the track being damp I left the road tyres on for the first session and I suffered terminal understeer . Second session I fitted slicks to the front wheels . WOW , what a difference . The front of the car was nailed to the track , and with the back still on road tyres this led to some fun moments . I even managed to get a 4-wheel drift round fishermans . I just wish I knew how I did it . Naturally I left this setup for the rest of the day . So I recommend you get yourselves slicks for Mondello .
Unfortunately my EBC greenstuff pads are nearly done after 2 track days . Looks like I'll have to try redstuff for trackdays . Paul also wrecked a new set of DS2000's in his new 'Prodrive Alcon' calipers (jealousy mode on) .
BTW - Sunday Driver , where did you say you got your EBC pads ?

Derek

[This message has been edited by TURBO7379 (edited 23 April 2001).]
Old 23 April 2001, 10:52 AM
SUNDAY DRIVER
Scooby Regular

Motorstore in Glengormley.02890840964.
£35+vat

Old 23 April 2001, 03:44 PM
Mac's Power
Scooby Regular

Talking

Ok I'm back home.

What a day. Small enough crowd. I thoroughly enjoyed the day. Track etiquette was excellent and everything was marshalled brilliantly.

Anyone that got in my way got blue flagged (not that they needed it. As soon as they saw (or heard ) me they pulled over and let me through.

Thanks to Andy W for the passenger laps in his very nice RB5. And thanks to Derek Latimer for the tools

The fun was just spoiled in the very end for me when my pads went on the last lap. I've just ordered pagid Blue's and hopefully they will stand up to the punishment better than the Ferodo DS2000 ones. Well in fairness to them I was braking very late and the Prodrive brakes never let me down even when coming down from 120mhp into the hairpin

Great well organized day and highly recommended.

Paul.

[This message has been edited by Mac's Power (edited 23 April 2001).]
Old 24 April 2001, 03:56 AM
TURBO7379
Scooby Regular

Sunday Driver - thanks . I'll try them tomorrow .
Paul - they heard you coming from the village , never mind the track . It was quite funny really . Every time a car went past the pits you kept asking me " My car's not as loud as that , is it ? " and apparantly you kept asking Andy the same question . You'll just have to let me take it round Mondello while you sit and listen . Before I got my new exhaust I never realised how loud my old one was until a mate left me round the town to the pub in my car . After he left me I could hear him all the way back to his house 0.5 miles away !
Old 24 April 2001, 08:38 AM
Mac's Power
Scooby Regular

Yeah Derek,
I've never heard it from the outside apart from tickover. It would be nice to hear it on full song.

What got me paranoid was when someone said to me that it was lucky that there were no noise restrictions. I couldn't imagine it being louder than Andy's or your's.

Well fot the moment I'll just have to take your word for it

Paul.

BTW when's the next one?

[This message has been edited by Mac's Power (edited 24 April 2001).]