Ring & Spa Euro Combo 07

Search this Thread

Old 18 January 2007, 12:16 PM
MRK
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Ring & Spa Euro Combo 07

EURO COMBO 07

In short the Euro Combo 07 organised by Stormy, terryb & me leaves Saturday 26th May & returns Wednesday 30th May. Its 5 days, four nights, including 2 full days at the Ring (tourist days) and a Trackday at Spa .

I am basically just gauging interest for the trip, so we can arrange hotel prices and get an estimate on numbers interested. Initial indications show a price of approx £439 for two people sharing a room and one car. The cost exclusively includes Route book, Hotel accommodation, entrance to the MLR organised Trackday at Spa-Francorchamps. Route book will include notes on the German WRC stages that you may wish to try instead of spending two days at the Ring.

So What is Euro Combo?? Well this year the Euro Combo is a road trip that takes you across onto mainland Europe to Germany to drive the Nurburgring for ‘two full public days’, then a short drive over to Belgium for an MLR Track Day at Spa-Francorchamps.

The combo-nation is designed for you to explore, revel, and drive your car as it was designed to be driven, and experience two of the most historic, dramatic, challenging and unquestionably the greatest race tracks on this continent. Both circuits have been home to some of the most superlative, fastest and exciting motor racing and more recently Spa has seen some of the most captivating Formula 1 races in history.

When? Departing Dover on Saturday 26th May, returning on the afternoon of Wednesday 30th May after one hell of an adventure. Trust me you won’t stop smiling for weeks. Spa is on Tuesday 29th May.

Who? This holiday is being organised by members of the MLR, SIDC & Scoobynet (Stormy, terryb & me) and it will be the third trip in its library, including the awesome Stelvio Tour and the Euro Combo 06, go to Track Masters.co.uk (new material is being added)

Why? You’re all petrol heads passionate about your cars, and you wish to get the most out of them, so take a trip, that will take you to new places, new roads, big open and un-trafficked. Then once you arrive at Nurburg dive in and feel the remarkable atmosphere just in the car park of the Green Hell, let alone actually out on the Northern loop of the Nurburgring. You will be amazed, nervous and excited as you venture out onto the 12.7mile track, enthralled and speechless when parking back up. Then after two days at the Ring we drive over to Spa another circuit steeped in history and expectation. A full-on open pitlane track day awaits. 4.3miles of wide open grippy Formula 1 race track, large run-offs and high speed adrenaline boosted pleasure.

And to top it all off you will be surrounded with like minded people that will encourage your desire to drive!

Cost? £439 approx Includes; 4nights total accommodation. 2 of those in a hotel with a huge carpark (good for doing any work to your car) and 1 minute from the Ring entrance, the other 2 nights spent in the old and historic town of Stavelot 5 minutes from the Spa entrance. Savings can be made by sharing twin rooms, etc.

Please see some of the photo’s from last years Euro Combo, and read the press section on the Track Masters website.

Any questions or if you wish to place your interest then PM me or terryb or e-mail mark@track-masters.co.uk or terry@track-masters.co.uk

Note: The approximate price does not include Ferry and Ring tickets, fuel or tolls, but does include the Spa Trackday and accommodation for 2 people.

Mrk

Last edited by MRK; 22 February 2007 at 07:59 PM.
Old 18 January 2007, 09:40 PM
Stuart Knight
Scooby Regular

Ooh, yes please. Put me down as a possible and Charlie will be after passenger laps with his hero as well
Old 18 January 2007, 11:09 PM
stormy
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down Damn

Jealous wish I could make no leave left
Old 19 January 2007, 12:19 PM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

mmmm - have organised myself to the Ring that weekend but might be interested in doing the spa bit....
Old 19 January 2007, 12:38 PM
MRK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Stuart Knight
Ooh, yes please. Put me down as a possible and Charlie will be after passenger laps with his hero as well
Noted Stuart, wouldn't be the same without you, Paul and Charlie.

Originally Posted by warrenm2
mmmm - have organised myself to the Ring that weekend but might be interested in doing the spa bit....
Hi Warren, that maybe a possibilty , I'll note your request. We need to act quickly on this so you will hear very soon.

Mrk
Old 19 January 2007, 07:35 PM
stormy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MRK
Noted Stuart, wouldn't be the same without you, Paul and Charlie.

Hi Warren, that maybe a possibilty , I'll note your request. We need to act quickly on this so you will hear very soon.

Mrk
MRK Eurosti of SIDC interested in meeting us there and Spa hes a local so no accom needed for Nurburg
Old 22 January 2007, 10:55 PM
Dill_typeR
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Might be interested if SSO isn't on this weekend, planning a weekend in April to the Ring

Trending Topics

Old 22 January 2007, 11:50 PM
terryb
Scooby Regular

Mmmm - never thought of that....
Old 23 January 2007, 01:44 PM
MRK
Scooby Regular

Go here for a quick vid of last years Euro Combo EuroCombo 2006 - Google Video
Old 23 January 2007, 03:08 PM
Dill_typeR
Scooby Regular

can't view it
Old 23 January 2007, 05:16 PM
bugeyewrx
Scooby Regular

The video was 'temporally unavailable'

But it's back up now
Old 23 January 2007, 07:42 PM
Dill_typeR
Scooby Regular

Looks like fun
Old 23 January 2007, 10:58 PM
silent running
Scooby Regular

So presumably if me and my mate share the cost that's £220 roughly each and we bunk up in a twin room. How much extra would it be to bring both our cars? Seeing as the ferry isn't included anyway? Cheers
Old 24 January 2007, 04:54 PM
MRK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by silent running
So presumably if me and my mate share the cost that's £220 roughly each and we bunk up in a twin room. How much extra would it be to bring both our cars? Seeing as the ferry isn't included anyway? Cheers
Hi Silent running.

No extra, but cost only includes one car on the Spa track day, but we can sort out an extra place on that if you wish if you wish. E-mail us
Old 24 January 2007, 04:56 PM
MRK
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Attention all Euro Combo-nites:

D-day is Friday and it is looming and due to the weekend in question being a May bank holiday we need to get numbers so we can confirm Hotel rooms and Spa trackday tickets for you at members rates. Then all that is left is Ferry’s which we will sort out via e-mail/phone to get everyone on the same boat/Chunnel.

What we need is YOU, and your co-drivers name & address by this Friday (26.01.07), then unfortunately payment of £200 early next week, this secures you and your co-drivers accommodation (twin or double room). Secures and pays for your Driver space at the Spa Trackday (receipt of which will be sent right back to you). Then Final payment of £239 by 01st May.

Note – Spa, co-drivers £35, passengers £10 extra, these can be bought on the day at sign on.

I know it’s a rush but trips like these are rare and unmissable, have you seen Bugeye’s video? EuroCombo 2006 - Google Video

So please e-mail us with your details and we’ll do the rest.

Mrk

Last edited by MRK; 25 January 2007 at 12:37 PM.
Old 24 January 2007, 07:33 PM
Dill_typeR
Scooby Regular

Sounds like a good deal, does the price include any laps around the ring, or do they have to be paid depending on number of laps?
Old 24 January 2007, 09:06 PM
MRK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dill_typeR
Sounds like a good deal, does the price include any laps around the ring, or do they have to be paid depending on number of laps?
Hi Dill

Ring tickets are not included, but you can buy 1lap, (E19) 4lap (E64), 8lap (E124), 15lap (E220) tickets at the control booth or the ticket machine in the Ring car park, or the local petrol station. Cost is approx £10 per lap. And ever penny worth it especially as it wil take you a good 10mins to go round if its your first time. The place is like a living roller coaster that you actually have control of!!

Nearly forgot the Ring tickets are valid until the end of the year, so if you don't use them all, it will give you a good excuse to come back

Mrk
Old 24 January 2007, 09:11 PM
MRK
Scooby Regular

Just remebered that I wrote a couple of threads on the adventures I/we had at the Ring years ago. And thought you chaps may need some extra incentive.

https://www.scoobynet.com/internatio...laaaahhhh.html

https://www.scoobynet.com/internatio...01-wicked.html

Mrk
Old 26 January 2007, 09:25 AM
MRK
Scooby Regular

Hey chaps

If you want to come then please let us know today so we can book the rooms and Spa trackday ticket for you.

Mrk
Old 27 January 2007, 01:44 AM
Dill_typeR
Scooby Regular

Unfortuneately, I'm not in a position to make a decision at the moment, rest assured tho, if i can come i will, but probably have to pay more and book privately instaead.
Old 13 February 2007, 03:14 PM
MRK
Scooby Regular

We have 7 confirmed

Anymore for a pre-summer blast??
Old 22 February 2007, 08:02 PM
MRK
Scooby Regular

This trip is still on and we would love to have some more of you along