Interior Gauges, steering wheels, seats etc

help with gauges please

Search this Thread

Old 12 March 2010, 06:41 PM
Tazman861
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with gauges please

Hello all, I have recently bought some autogauges (they seem to be identical to the prosport gauges shown in the fitting guide on scoobynet) electronic stepper gauges for my scoob, boost, oil temp and oil pressure. I have fitted them today but I appear to be having problems.

I have only wired in the boost gauge as it has replaced a basic vacuum operated gauge. The gauges have a +ve, earth, dimmer feed from lights and ign controlled +ve, all checked with a meter. When I start the car all three gauges go through the start up procedure but thats where it all goes pete tong . The boost needle just moves up and down a tiny bit away from the needle rest it doesn't do anything else, I know the vacuum line is OK as it is taken from the same point as the original gauge. The two oil gauges just flash constantly but I assume that is because they are not yet connected to their senders - it started to rain and hail so I gave up.

The fitting instruction are basic to say the least - just pictures but as I said they appear to be the same as the prosport stepper gauges.

Are their any checks or tests I can carry out to try and work out if it is the gauge, sender or wiring??

Thanks